Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Are we sure the Spider-men are getting unmasked heads? I remember something about Andrew Garfield being very strongly against having his face used to sell toys.

Then again, maybe there's a loophole if Lego just reuses an old head (which they'd definetly had done anyway)

It doesn't seem likely. They probably would've revealed it on some images.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:45 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Lighting pieces were not a totally new mold for electro, they were introduced in the ninjago summer wave I’m pretty sure 

Thank you for correcting me.

so that means this set had no new moulds… so yes I was wrong about them excluding the manic face for Goblin and Doc Oc just having the smiley face. That said Goblin still needed leg printing and a new mask mould and once again I wouldn’t have been mad at Electro getting one too if only for the possibilities of a zip zappity mask being produced that could later be reused for the classic variant. I especially feel the new mask could have been introduced given there are no other new elements in this set. I mean not that I’ve noticed.  

Toby McGuire Spiderman looks amazing I’m just shocked I can’t find images of the Spidermen with their supposed flesh heads and hair pieces.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Thank you for correcting me.

so that means this set had no new moulds… so yes I was wrong about them excluding the manic face for Goblin and Doc Oc just having the smiley face. That said Goblin still needed leg printing and a new mask mould and once again I wouldn’t have been mad at Electro getting one too if only for the possibilities of a zip zappity mask being produced that could later be reused for the classic variant. I especially feel the new mask could have been introduced given there are no other new elements in this set. I mean not that I’ve noticed.  

Toby McGuire Spiderman looks amazing I’m just shocked I can’t find images of the Spidermen with their supposed flesh heads and hair pieces.

Green Goblin did not need a mask, he literally destroyed it right after he appeared in the movie. He needed a hood tho.

Electro also doesn't need a mask, since he has hair, not a helmet. Even if they made a new mould they couldn't reuse it for classic Electro.

We've got 7 heroes and 2 villians, should've replaced Doc Ock ( who was on team Spider-Man at this point) with Lizard ( no new molds needed just use the avatar tail, legs and arms recoloured to love with a printed heat).

And then make a small bridge scene set with iron spider, doc Ock and helmeted Green Goblin.

Overall I do like the new sets and will pick them up when I find them 20-30% off. 

I agree with the general senitment of the nwh set, that's its good overall but would have been improved with a lizard fig and better green goblin. 

The endgame battle looks great and i prefer that style to the endgame compounds that have come before. I like that it's one contained thing and not lots of scattered bits. It would have been  better if okoye and shuri had been replaced with gamora and minifig wasp. That would have been a great way to round out the gotg3 and ant man sets. It would have shown some joined up thinking from Lego that does seem a bit lacking. 

Edited by squiz18

I dont get the Ock complaints tbh. 
It was likely a budget problem as a Sandgreen torso and Legs would have been “new”

id rather than budget be elsewhere. 

Goblin is absolutely terrible though. A cape and hood would have made him much better despite no leg and arm print.

Anyone else excited to put the villains from this set in the Queer Eye apartment?  I’m just gonna pretend it’s Happy Hogans condo! 

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

What if NWH was so inexplicably incomplete precisely in anticipation of future improvements?

How is it incomplete?

The only things its missing are Lizard, who was DEFINITELY not getting a new mold, is the least popular villain, and barely in the movie (to the point where the actor wasnt even on set), and Sandman, of whom there are already a handful of figs, and theyre all underappreciated because he's also extremely unpopular.

The build is great, it covers the statue well, has really good play features, portals, and accessories. IMO this is way beyond what we expected.

27 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

How is it incomplete?

The only things its missing are Lizard, who was DEFINITELY not getting a new mold, is the least popular villain, and barely in the movie (to the point where the actor wasnt even on set), and Sandman, of whom there are already a handful of figs, and theyre all underappreciated because he's also extremely unpopular.

The build is great, it covers the statue well, has really good play features, portals, and accessories. IMO this is way beyond what we expected.

So you don't see room for improvement. Ok :-)

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Green Goblin did not need a mask, he literally destroyed it right after he appeared in the movie. He needed a hood tho.

Electro also doesn't need a mask, since he has hair, not a helmet. Even if they made a new mould they couldn't reuse it for classic Electro.

That’s just a difference in taste even if it was for the first few seconds of his introduction in the movie I wish he had the mask but we can agree to disagree on that. 

as for Electro, in the movie his hair was quite flat and comic electro has a flat green cap on the backside of his bolty mask. The silhouette was flat on the back and electric zaps for a mask at the front for both the cinematic and comic takes of Electro. I wish I knew how to upload the images I’m looking at for reference but I stand by saying with the right creative liberties a mould could have been created to be used for both.

With that said has anyone found images of the Spidermen with hair pieces and flesh heads yet?

25 minutes ago, cosmic said:

With that said has anyone found images of the Spidermen with hair pieces and flesh heads yet?

No, because they’re sadly not included :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

I dont get the Ock complaints tbh. 
It was likely a budget problem as a Sandgreen torso and Legs would have been “new”

What? Not any more new than the printing on a gray torso- that is a new torso, correct? Torsos and legs already have been molded in sand green, olive green, and dark green. I don't really get where you're getting this from.

I've been busy the last few days but here are my thoughts on everything.

The 4+ set is a 4+ set. I dig the Iron Man figure there but I'm kinda done collecting Iron Man figures for the time being. The Venomized Groot actually looks kinda neat, even if the concept is pointless. The Endgame Final Battle is such a redundant set, it even has the same name as the previous version. I already have most of the figures and am not rushing out to get the ones I'm missing. I just don't get the point of making more Endgame sets if we're not getting more of the things we're missing and want from that movie, like War Machine or Ronin. I will say that the new set makes for a nice display piece.

The No Way Home set is a mixed bag for me. The build looks very good and as someone who owns Apocalypseburg, the identical build for the Statue of Liberty head stood out to me instantly but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I do kinda wish we got more of Lady Liberty though, or at least the upper body and the arm holding the Captain America Shield. Unpopular opinion here, but I would have been completely fine with Lego making this a bigger set so we could have gotten a larger build, a more substantial Sandman build (just his hand, really?) and maybe some improvements on the figures.

Speaking of the figures, the Spideys all look good to me. My only problem with them is the lack of arm printing, but I'm sure I'll be able to find custom arms to fix that problem. (Firestar already has some for Holland's Integrated Suit.) Electro looks good to me as well. I have a lot of nitpicks with the other figures though. For some reason, they reused MOM Doctor Strange when they already have a NWH version of the figure in the Sanctum Workshop. For using reused parts, MJ looks pretty good other than that hair piece they insist on using for Zendaya's figures which is super inaccurate. Ned's jacket is also the complete wrong color, but again for a figure with all reused parts that didn't *have* to be there, I don't really mind too much. Doc Ock and Green Goblin are the ones I really have a problem with. Doc Ock's jacket is the wrong color (they should have used dark green), that hair piece does not work for him at all and I'm not crazy about his face prints. And that Green Goblin figure is just terrible. I'm definitely replacing the latter two with the Firestar figures.

As someone who loved No Way Home and was dying for this set to be made, I'm glad to see it finally arrive though I am disappointed that there's so many shortcomings despite having more than a year and a half to make and release this thing. I'm most likely still going to be getting it and probably modifying or replacing the figures a bunch, but this is just a perfect representation of Lego Superheroes at this point. Most of the time, either the build or the figures are going to be half baked, if not both. Not to mention the prices that just keep going up and unlike something like Star Wars, there aren't a ton of fantastic builds or minifigures to make up for that. I'm also just feeling somewhat burnt out on the superhero genre in general, or at least Marvel aside from Spider-Man who will always be one of my favorite fictional characters. Beyond this one, there's only a few more current Marvel/DC sets I care to get (the Burton Batmobile and Batwing, the second Marvel CMF and maybes on of the large building sets like the Sanctum Sanctorum and rumored Avengers Tower) and beyond that, I plan on trying to mostly stick to Star Wars, modular buildings and CMFs.

9 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

What if NWH was so inexplicably incomplete precisely in anticipation of future improvements?

I guess the minifigures are not at their best because Lego will want to have the door open to update them in the future. I can’t deny it would be great to have a Doc 2.0 on a set of the fight on the bridge including an Iron Spider also updated. However, I hear a lot of complaints about the set we are receiving and I don’t think it’s as bad as everyone says, in fact, I think it’s a pretty solid set for the price it has.

green goblin feels a little bit too childish too me and lack of the printed legs makes it worse. Maybe with the purple hood would be better

On 5/28/2023 at 4:36 PM, Legocentrico said:

So you don't see room for improvement. Ok :-)

Not without remaking the whole set, no.

On 5/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Legocentrico said:

I know you're trying to be optimistic, but I think the NWH set is just bad because they did a bat job doing it. Doesn't seem like an internal job to me.

Even tho most of us have varying degrees of disappointment with the NWH final battle set I still think it's worth a purchase for the investment alone.

I'm not convinced TLG will make more NWH sets given the time it took them to get this one out but if they do I doubt the Tobey and Andrew Spidey minifigures will be featured in any of them they're probably staying exclusive to this set for a while and you get 3 main villains with new printing along with a nice display build, this feels like one of those sets that will end up skyrocketing in value and lots of people will regret not getting it when it came out when they find themselves on Bricklink paying double or triple for it, I talk from experiencie! :laugh: 

Well, the film is in the world box office top ten, it's not absurd to think that lego will make sets again. being able to add or perfect a villain guarantees longevity to the business… even if in fact the Endgame set shows that they can make sets without adding or improving anything :-/

12 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Well, the film is in the world box office top ten, it's not absurd to think that lego will make sets again. being able to add or perfect a villain guarantees longevity to the business… even if in fact the Endgame set shows that they can make sets without adding or improving anything :-/

If they make more NWH sets it will probably be the condo fight which would give them a chance to finally give us Lizard or the bridge fight with Doc Ock but I just don't see it happening, Tobey and Andrew only fight in the final battle anyway so there's not a lot of opportunities for them to include their minifigures in more sets unless they tackle the Raimi and TASM licenses in the future, this is probably the only NWH set we are going to get for a while at least with all 3 Spider-Men, I might be wrong but I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up being the case given TLG's long history of questionable decisions and omissions with various themes.

Edited by _R_R_

Haven't seen much talk over the CMF recently, so just for fun, what accessories do people think we'll get?

I'm hoping to see Kate come with Lucky and Agatha with the Darkhold 

30 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Haven't seen much talk over the CMF recently, so just for fun, what accessories do people think we'll get?

I'm hoping to see Kate come with Lucky and Agatha with the Darkhold 

• Moon Knight: crescent moon - shaped weapon
  • Mr Knight: Scarab of Ammit
  • Kang: the power source of his time travel device thingamabob
  • She-Hulk: suitcase?
  • Werewolf by Night: bloodstone
  • Hawkeye: bow with trick arrows
  • Echo: gun?
  • Wolverine: claws
  • Beast: claws
  • Storm: lightning

2 ore fa, NXS7 ha detto:

Non ho visto molte chiacchiere sul CMF di recente, quindi solo per divertimento, quali accessori pensa che otterremo?

Spero di vedere Kate venire con Lucky e Agatha con il Darkhold

• Hawkeye: Alternate bust of Ronin, with hood and sword. I really don't believe it, but he would be cool!
  • Kate Bishop: Pizza Dog
  • MoonKnight: blades 
  • Mr. Knight: sticks
  • She-Hulk: K.E.V.I.N. buildable
  • Werewolf by Night: bloodstone
  • Kang: we haven't seen Loki 2, so I can't imagine
  • Echo: we haven't seen Echo, so I can't imagine (probably a weapon)
  • Agatha: Darkhold if it's Wandavision character, if it's based on own series the Darkhold will be gone, so I can't imagine that (probably something magical)
  • Bestia: Something scientific?
  • Tempesta: lightning

• Moon Knight: Moon weapon piece (The one that already exists as a samurai helm accessory from ninjago. The only new mold for him I'm hoping for is for his hood/wrap thing)
  • Mr Knight: Truncheons
  • Kang: power blast type parts in trans-light blue, maybe a 4x4 round platform like Frozone.
  • She-Hulk: Suitcase, maybe a poster for her show or something.
  • Werewolf by Night: claws
  • Hawkeye: standard bow
  • Kate: Hopefully lucky, but definately at least the standard bow.
  • Echo: No clue. A weapon or something representing her powers, if she gets them in the show and it's not a spoiler.
  • Beast: Not sure. I don't feel like lego's gonna give him claws, I'd say like a vial or something.
  • Storm: lightning, I feel like we all agree on this.
  • Agatha Harkness: some trans-purple pieces, maybe the darkhold.

EDIT: As a quick aside, I finally got the 2021 Thanos bigfig today. (I buy bulk lots on ebay to sell individually on bricklink to fund my lego purchases, and I'll keep figs I want if they're not too expensive)

The new bigfig system is a massive improvement. Just being able to turn the head alone is huge. It also allows for some very cursed figs since it shares that neck pin with the standard figure. I know I'm late to the party here, but I can't wait to get more of these. I do think the Hulk hesitency might be due to him needing 2 new molds for sure if they are to keep this system as it appears with the updated thanos bigfig in the a-force set. (The hair, of course, but his hairpiece would look pretty weird with the way the torso's set up now if you wanted to retain the head-turning feature. They'd need to make the fig hunch less or add a bit of space between the head and back so you could turn the head)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

11 hours ago, Legocentrico said:
  • Best: Something scientific?

Maybe blueprints of the X-jet on a 2x4 tile? 

I wish the series had nightcrawler (never done before and would be a good use of CMF budget) instead of wolverine who is available already in the mech set.