Teddy

Presenting my current WIP: HMS Victory

Amazing work, Teddy. I absolutely adore the brick-built hull. It's amazing how good curved structures can look when brick-built. The VW model for example goods great in the brick, and that's on a much smaller scale to your epic MOC. Can't wait to see the finished product! :pir-cry_happy:

I have to say Teddy that is a pretty cool ship. Send me pics on your progress if you don't like updating it here alll the time.

I'm sure mister Teddy is working as a beast on the ship, and I also think if he has done an huge update he would post it immediately. :pir-wink:

Just wait and see, perhaps there might be something spectacular on the way!

I have a question Teddy, I don't know if someone already asked you but, I see on the pictures that you're doing a detailed interior.. but will it be possible to see it once the ship finished ? Will the upper part of the ship put on tiles so you can open it ? If that's it, it'll surely affect the sturdiness of it , doesn't it ?

Hi everybody,

thanks for showing an interest in my progress on this huge project! :pir-classic:

I'm sure mister Teddy is working as a beast on the ship, and I also think if he has done an huge update he would post it immediately. :pir-wink:

Just wait and see, perhaps there might be something spectacular on the way!

I've been wroking as a beast at my dayjob. Unfortunately, the busiest period tend to be the last of the year. Always when cool competitions, such as PTV and CCC, come around. I am planning to due some work at Christmas and post an update. :pir-classic:

I have a question Teddy, I don't know if someone already asked you but, I see on the pictures that you're doing a detailed interior.. but will it be possible to see it once the ship finished ? Will the upper part of the ship put on tiles so you can open it ? If that's it, it'll surely affect the sturdiness of it , doesn't it ?

Hi Guss, the brown belley of the beast is "one" piece. :pir-tongue: To provide a sturdy basis for the ship. The orlop deck is modular and consists of three main pieces, which lay inside the brown belley as you can see now. So you could argue that the part below the waterline is one main piece.

Original plan as currently drawn out: All the gun-decks on top will be devided in three main blocks around the masts so i can lift them off individually (much as the new lego ship, but including all three gun decks). That is the original plan.

Although, I've been sketching out a redesign, in which the decks above the waterline are "one" main piece as well of which I can remove parts of the sides for access to the gun decks. And which will allow for removal of the backside, thus allowing access to the captains quarters. Thus the ship will than be two main big blocks: above the waterline and below the waterline. Allowing for full rigging and access of the gundecks, living quarters, the orlop and hold. And which could allow the above waterline block to be part of a pirate diorama.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I've been wroking as a beast at my dayjob. Unfortunately, the busiest period tend to be the last of the year. Always when cool competitions, such as PTV and CCC, come around. I am planning to due some work at Christmas and post an update. :pir-classic:

YaY! Another Christmas treat! :pir-sweet:

that's amazing!! i wonder how much you spent on that thing! probably a couple hundred dollars worth of bricks!! can't wait to see the finished product!

Not even close I think since my ship (the Victory doesn't even need to fire at it, it will just sail through it) already costs a few houndred Euros. :pir-laugh:

Wow, When this is complete its going to be a truly amazing moc! heck, it still is a dang amazing moc! I love all the detail you guys put on these ships, you make it look truly beautiful! And I agree with Red-hair, we need more pictures of this beauty :pir_laugh2: Keep bricking mate :thumbup:

I've been looking all over eurobricks for this post!! (Thanks ARH for bumping it) :pir-classic:

I am totally %100,000,000,000,000 blown away by this project! So amazing, and so inspirational! :pir-cry_happy:

I am at a loss of words.

WOW.

:pir_yoda:

P.S. Why do you say OKtober, it should be (in every form of english) OCtober.

Edited by the_green_avenger

How is things going Teddy? Have you made any progress during

the christmas? If so, it would be fun to see some pictures. :pir-classic:

Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair

Wow, When this is complete its going to be a truly amazing moc! heck, it still is a dang amazing moc! I love all the detail you guys put on these ships, you make it look truly beautiful! And I agree with Red-hair, we need more pictures of this beauty :pir_laugh2: Keep bricking mate :thumbup:
I've been looking all over eurobricks for this post!! (Thanks ARH for bumping it) :pir-classic:

I am totally %100,000,000,000,000 blown away by this project! So amazing, and so inspirational! :pir-cry_happy:

I am at a loss of words.

WOW.

Hi ARH et all,

thanks for all the super kind and cool replies.

Currently I am in the USA for a couple of months, so I'm a few thousand miles away from my Lego collection in the Netherlands.

However, before I left I collected enough bricks for the exterior of the upper part of the ship.

Such as: yellow-and-black tiles, yellow-and-black plates, white plates for the interior, red plates for the gunport interior, and tan tiles for the decks.

During Christmas I finalized the drawings of the line plan for the upper part and finished some details such as the location of the gun ports.

During Christmas I also completely redecorated my lego room (which took a lot of time) to make much more space for building.

Next to that I rearranged and sorted my bricks in another way.

The status of the ship is that the orlop deck is now nearly complete, and the work below the waterline is almost finished.

When I'm back in the Netherlands I am planning to do some mayor building above te waterline. Since all the boundry conditions are met.

I will focus especially on the exterior walls of the upper parts, to get the rounded shape of the tumblehome effect just righ.

When those sides are done, I will build the interior decking in which I will install the guns and to which I will attach the exterior side walls.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hello Teddy, i am just asking at do you have any new pics to share? I have been waiting for new pics and must say at i am very curios at this project. Keep it up mate

Captain Becker

Really sorry to bump this thread, but has there been any progress made in this year?

I found a recent facination for the Victory so I started searching, and I refound this thread, so I wondered,any progress?

WHy did you bumb this tread, arggh, false hope :pir-sceptic:

WHy did you bumb this tread, arggh, false hope :pir-sceptic:

Sorry, but I had hoped for some progress on this too, even if it were 2 new bricks added. :(

Sorry, but I had hoped for some progress on this too, even if it were 2 new bricks added. :(

Trust me, these kind of projects takes several and several years, i asked him once if there would be any progress, and if i remember right, he havent worked on it for a long lon long time, and probably wont in the future. So just wait, he updates this thread if he havent already given up and destroyed this. I wonder where is e anyways, havent seem him for a long time around here,(In Eurobricks) or then im just blind.

Captain Becker

Yargh, now me was hoping for an update as well!

But indeed these big lumps take a lot of time, and bricks for that matter...

Let us hope for a speedy return of mister Teddy and not spam up his thread with wishes. :pir-wink:

Yargh, now me was hoping for an update as well!

But indeed these big lumps take a lot of time, and bricks for that matter...

Let us hope for a speedy return of mister Teddy and not spam up his thread with wishes. :pir-wink:

Let us hope. And I guess you're right, I'll leave this thread be for the moment. :pir-blush:

Does at least anybody know if Mr. Teddy still is among the living and the Project, on Principle, going on, or has he disappeared or dumped the Project?

Well he was active on this forum only a few days ago, so he sure didn't forget about Eurobricks.

As far as I know the ship also hasn't been demolished, but it's a massive ship and it takes a lot of time to build it.

I'm sure Teddy will post again when he's made some good progress but he has a very busy life.

But I know he's going to Legoworld in Zwolle this year so perhaps Captain Green Hair or Captain Blackmoor can ask him about it.

Until then, let's not spam up this topic with hopes and whishes as Green Hair has said before :pir-classic:

Well he was active on this forum only a few days ago, so he sure didn't forget about Eurobricks.

As far as I know the ship also hasn't been demolished, but it's a massive ship and it takes a lot of time to build it.

I'm sure Teddy will post again when he's made some good progress but he has a very busy life.

But I know he's going to Legoworld in Zwolle this year so perhaps Captain Green Hair or Captain Blackmoor can ask him about it.

Until then, let's not spam up this topic with hopes and whishes as Green Hair has said before :pir-classic:

Dear all,

thank you for your interest in the project! :pir-classic:

The project is still very much alive. In fact I am sitting next to the behemoth right now.

The only problem I have is finding sufficient time to spend on it.

Since the beast has become so complicated I need at least a day or two to go through my drawings to see what my ideas were and what I was building. So to really get started again I probably need a Holiday of at least a week.

Other priorities have pulled me away from this project so far for a long time: I am wrapping up my PhD thesis and have started a new job.

This absorbs most if not all of my time right now and has done so for quite a while now, and is also what is keeping me away from EB and the hobby in general. Basically I worked on my thesis in the evenings and weekends and on my day-job during the day.

When things finally cool down a bit I will start at the project again for sure. :pir-classic:

In the mean while I am steadily collecting bricks.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Pure spectacle, you're doing a wonderful thing.

I had the pleasure of seeing her live in Portsmouth, for a fan is the maximum.

Edited by DucadiYork