Sign in to follow this  
falconluan

[MOC]Falconluan's technic tractor MOC series: [Finished] Massey Ferguson 7480

Looks really promising :-)

The fender is really well build. It's so strange that in the end, tractors always seem to be rather "simple" with very few parts, but the work for putting it together is quite complex :D

HOG should be mandatory for this manual machine :-P

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

It's so strange that in the end, tractors always seem to be rather "simple" with very few parts, but the work for putting it together is quite complex :D

That's very true. When building the drive mode switch, I felt that I was basically trying to fill every single cubic place of the central tunel structure. Now I'm trying to re-route the front PTO from the centor instead of previous position.

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

HOG should be mandatory for this manual machine :-P

Then let's have it!:pir_tong2:

There are still lots of detail to be addressed, the overall setup and shape have been finalized though.

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

There are some openings for ventilation on the bonnet, tried to mimic them but not satisfied with the results enough, another solution is don't have gaps at all. Which one do you prefer?:pir-tongue:

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

Looks great. I love the front fenders.

I like the gaps in the hood paneling. Are you able to turn the white parts on their side? The holes are distracting here.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:45 AM, Thirdwigg said:

Looks great. I love the front fenders.

I like the gaps in the hood paneling. Are you able to turn the white parts on their side? The holes are distracting here.

Rebuilt the hood, I don't like the holes either(They were used to represent the massey word on the bonnet, but it didn't work well I think:pir_laugh2:).

Also improved the gap version, hope you like the new one:pir-tongue:

1280x591.jpg

dsc04747.-detail.jpg

Looks awesome and very recognisable! Am I seeing this right that the panels on the top of the hood have a little horizontal angle? Im not sure, but maybe the hood is a little too low? And maybe you could use grey system tiles instead of grey liftarm for the IRL sticker?

I really like the use of the bionicle tooth as vents. It looks spot on!

Nice work!

22 minutes ago, Jandel47 said:

Am I seeing this right that the panels on the top of the hood have a little horizontal angle? Im not sure, but maybe the hood is a little too low?

You are correct on this. After recheck some images with Sariel's scaling tool, the slope of my hood is indeed too flat. The hood in last pic has some slope at the top, the end is 0.5 stud higher than the front, it's not obvious. 

I think I need some more redesign work here, since the white strape is in parallel with the hood top edge. It will become madatoray if the slope is more steeper than current setup.

9 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

Looks good, any chance on instructions??

As with the other tractors in this thread, I will make instructions for it too, please stay tuned.:pir_laugh2:

A small update on the hood and steering column.  The steering wheel is sitting higher than ideal, I ran out of ideas to improve...

Now I need rework the front linkage to make it more sturdy and then only some misc stuff like mirror, exhaust pipe are left to be done. 

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

Very cool model @falconluan !

The use of bionicle teeth is brilliant to represent the grill. I actually like the first 7L liftarm more, as it looks more consistent. The slight angle comes from the 1/2 stud height different of the front and rear axle ;-)

I'm curious, wouldn't it be possible to tilt the whole top of the hood instead and use a regular liftarm for the gray side label? Would smooth out the lines.

19 hours ago, Jundis said:

I actually like the first 7L liftarm more, as it looks more consistent. The slight angle comes from the 1/2 stud height different of the front and rear axle ;-)

@Jundis That's an interesting idea, I'll give it a try by filling the gap between the lift arm and top edge of hood and check the result. Still the lost of parallel relationship bugs me somewhat.

8 hours ago, zoo said:

I'm curious, wouldn't it be possible to tilt the whole top of the hood instead and use a regular liftarm for the gray side label? Would smooth out the lines.

Hi @zoo

I need something to hold the hood tilt angle rigid, it doesn't show well in my pics, the 2L 41677 part at the left end of the "grey stripe" is connected rigidly with its right hole. 

If using a regular gray lift arm for the stripe, I'll need some connectors like 15100 to connect the both ends of it to form multi dimension angles, it then cannot help keep the hood angle rigid anymore. The hood has very limit available room especially in its front due to the fake engine inside it... 

Still, I'll try some more times, maybe I can find some good solution :pir-grin:

Greetings,

I began working on the instructions for it and now the chassis is finished.

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Still lots of work left to be done, please stay tuned.

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I've finished my first bigger tractor MOC: Massey Ferguson 7480

Features:

• Switchable AWD and RWD modes
  • Pivotable solid front axle
  • HOG steering with steering wheel connected
  • Adjustable front hitch
  • Adjustable rear hitch
  • Front and rear PTO connected to drivetrain
  • Fake inline 6 cylinder engine
  • Openable hood
  • Detailed interior and decorations
  • Modular design and building experience

Video:

Here is what it looks like together with a diecast model:

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

Some details:

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

1280x591.jpg

Chassis:

1280x720.jpg

Instruction at RB is here

More pics are at here

Hope you like it :blush:

Edited by falconluan

Hi,

I like the overall shape of the tractor and the proportions look to be at the right scale. The characteristics of the tractor, such as the mudgaurds, heat vents and front hitch, looks very nice.

However, I think you could make it look (even) better. There are still quite some gaps in the hood, especially close to the cab. The tractor screems for adding 2 1x1 trans white dishes as front lights :pir_tong2:.

But I understand the difficulty of building a tractor at this scale. Its big enough to show te details and the imperfections, but to small to use proper parts.

Anyway, thanks for building and showing your moc. A valuable asset for the lego agriculture mocs.

Greetings,  Jan 

Hi @Jandel47, thank you for your kind words and your information and help on this MOC, they really helped a lot:thumbup:

16 hours ago, Jandel47 said:

The tractor screems for adding 2 1x1 trans white dishes as front lights :pir_tong2:.

I tried to add dishes as front lights but not very pleased with its overall look. The lights on real tractor are caved in the hood while dishes are more outside of it. I actually wanted to invert the grey pin to have a more caved in look but there is no available space at the back of black 6536s with current setup.

Here is a render with dishes anyway, :laugh:

1280x720.jpg

It looks nice, but I would like it to be RC

I have to find some time to present a tractor I made in 2021... Not very optimized, but functional.

Posted (edited)

On 3/6/2024 at 7:48 AM, falconluan said:

I actually wanted to invert the grey pin to have a more caved in look but there is no available space at the back of black 6536s with current setup.

I can't see what you're using on the inside hood structure to attach the front parts, but maybe something like this?  I used light gray 42003 so it's easier to see, but of course black is available.

7yd0sA9.jpeg

Edited by Stereo

On 3/7/2024 at 12:08 AM, 1gor said:

It looks nice, but I would like it to be RC

I will definitely try to make it RC although quite concerned with its internal size available...

On 3/7/2024 at 3:31 PM, Cypr-21 said:

I have to find some time to present a tractor I made in 2021... Not very optimized, but functional.

Sounds interesting :classic:

20 hours ago, Stereo said:

I can't see what you're using on the inside hood structure to attach the front parts, but maybe something like this?  I used light gray 42003 so it's easier to see, but of course black is available.

@Stereo Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to build it both in Studio and in real life, here are the results:

Your solution also allow me to reverse the direction of the grey pin, so I can compare both of the looks in the render pics :laugh:

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Here is the look of reversed pins in real bricks:

1280x591.jpg

Here is the look of the transe clear solution, please note that I have to change the bottom red structure to hold all stuff together. I prefer the look of this version, although I think the bottom needs a more tidy build...:pir_tong2:

1280x591.jpg