Ayrlego

The Seawatch Campaign - Coordination Thread

Recommended Posts

912 posts

On 3/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

@Justsomebrix, okay so how's this for a narrative;

The Lotus Empire begins to suffer massive upheavals and desertions across it's holdings as a result of the prophecy. The small kingdom of Peri, seizes this oppertunity to throw off Lotii oppression. 

On Oleonda, the seizable Periese contingent, disgusted with the Lotus empire's performance opens ovetures toward the Coalition on their own. These are turned away by Oleon and Corrington but Eslandola makes terms with them, promissing to lend assistance with an expeditionary force to Peri to back the result. This is seen as a violation of the terms to 'not make independant peace terms with the Lotii. Oleon and Carno, alarmed by this developement and never truley wishing to share the island, begin fortifying the government district of Seawatch and barring access to it for Corrington and Eslandola and hiring Sea Rats to seize the other Lotii settlement and turn it over. Natuarally the Sea Rats keep it or smash it up horribly and leave. Corrington, frustrated with their allies prepares to take it's whole force and leave, breaking the term of keeping 300 troops on the island.

This 'should' get everyone mad at everyone?

I like the plan, in this way everyone will have their faults in breaking up the coalition, but nobody would have the role of the all-out traitor! I honestly would see the Sea Rats more easily hired (storywise) against the Empires, not on their side, but this is obviously up to them.

My only point about Corrington is why they'd want to leave now that the war is over and a huge power gap is opening on the East side of the island, and what is the "advantage" they gain... simply slipping out a war they didn't really want to be involved into?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

442 posts

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

My only point about Corrington is why they'd want to leave now that the war is over and a huge power gap is opening on the East side of the island, and what is the "advantage" they gain... simply slipping out a war they didn't really want to be involved into?

Something that I just thought of that could be a reasonable argument would be that after researching all of the recent natural disasters, our scientists predict a cataclysmic event in the near future (after all we are know for science + 2 of our 3 entries to "a storm is brewing" challenge are research/science related). We keep this information for ourselves and make our n1 priority to reinforce all of our settlements. Therefore all our troops on the island are called back to be stationed in our various settlements instead.

However the storm ends up hitting while many of our ships and troops are at sea.

I think this addition to the plot could add some extra drama as Oleon could suspect Corrington of hiding something (the cataclysmic event). Which would add even more tention between the two as Corrington breaks the "Articles of Coalition"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1703 posts

On 3/21/2024 at 3:27 AM, Justsomebrix said:

(- Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was, so I don't have any suggestions for how they could react:grin:)

I am convinced that Eslandola wants to help! Maybe it would be interesting to reintroduce the Letters of Marque in ERA III.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

This is seen as a violation of the terms to 'not make independant peace terms with the Lotii. Oleon and Carno, alarmed by this developement and never truley wishing to share the island, begin fortifying the government district of Seawatch and barring access to it for Corrington and Eslandola and hiring Sea Rats to seize the other Lotii settlement and turn it over. Natuarally the Sea Rats keep it or smash it up horribly and leave.

That sounds interesting! The Sea Rats are neutral and are very willing to help the underdog.

12 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I honestly would see the Sea Rats more easily hired (storywise) against the Empires, not on their side, but this is obviously up to them.

Good idea, I like that best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5465 posts

58 minutes ago, NOD said:

Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was

Making the seas safe for merchants from the Lotus scourge! But because Eslandola is really just a collection of mercantile fiefdoms, only two of the wealthiest merchant kings joined in the fight. Although one of them surely had territorial desires.

 

1 hour ago, NOD said:

it would be interesting to reintroduce the Letters of Marque in ERA III

I sincerely hope they continue to exist in Era III. They are a must for such a seafaring game! :pir-triumph:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1135 posts

Some neat story ideas, but I’m partial to the simple solution to end the conflict:

1. Volcanoes.  Volcanoes for everyone!

2. Everyone on the island gets bbq’ed a bit and leaves cranky.

3. Somewhere in hell, Meloche laughs hysterically.

Bonus: Prio/Romantica also get volcanoes until they decide on a single name.  Uppity purple gits…

 

Ok.  I’ll go back to lurking again. 🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2177 posts

On 3/27/2024 at 2:46 PM, Kwatchi said:

Volcanoes.  Volcanoes for everyone!

The Archbishop has a habit of leaving the region just before a volcano hits. What insider intel is he getting from the Lord of the Underworld?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 posts

Greetings! A new fort right next to Seawatch has just been constructed by the 2nd Infantry Battalion d'Division 3, named "Fort Firmo", Fort Firmo will be comanded by Olson's Maj Collins. 

Even though all fighting has practically been halted against Lotus, it's still important to keep an eye out for potential lurkers 👀.

The duties of Fort Firmo are simple, to house soldiers to patrol Seawatch, and patrol a decent amount of the mainland away from Seawatch with "SAR" operations (Search And Recover). All weapons that are found out on patrol will be captured, documented, and if needed, repaired at a weapons repair station in Ft Firmo. Ft Firmo will provide small arms and artillery repair, housing, and serve as storage aswell.

Fort Firmo is a small, but necessary fort, as logistics is always a huge key component in warfighting. 2nd Battalion is committed on keeping Seawatch safe, and supporting ourselves and allies in this continuous operation.

(Patrols will begin shortly, currently waiting upon the arrival of newer feild equiptment)

 

20240421_111255-1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

912 posts

Nice fort @Ozzy_4321! It would be nice to see more angles of your build!

I particularly like the uniforms you used for your bluecoats (are they custom prints?) and the use of the leather apron torso for the engineer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2218 posts

Just now, Keymonus said:

I particularly like the uniforms you used for your bluecoats (are they custom prints?)

I think those bluecoat torsos are from the new 10320 Eldorado remake from 2023!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

912 posts

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

I think those bluecoat torsos are from the new 10320 Eldorado remake from 2023!

I had never seen them… shame on me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 posts

"Sunset Over Seawatch"

 

May 624, Seawatch.

A small search is carried out by Platoon-2 Company-B of the 2nd Infantry Battalion 3rd Division just west of Seawatch patrolling the shore. The gentlemen of platoon 2 are led by infantry Lieutenant Arthur Dupont.

Amongst all the fighting and politics, as much as Lotus is bad, I'd be lying to not admit the nature of Lotus is quite beutiful. From the rivers and streams that run throughout the countryside to the stars shining above the temples and stacks of bamboo, the beauty of nature reminds us all that even throughout a war there's still some human left within. It reminds us of home, that the same sun setting down here in the warzone of Lotus is the same sun that would set over the skylines of Oleon. The sunset we see now fighting a war as soldiers, is that same sunset we would take our dates to see after school.

It reminds us that one day this war will be over, Loti forces will be destroyed, fighting here will have ended, and Lotus will be safe. Maybe then the civilized people of Oleon will be able to safely travel to and from Lotus, admiring the beauty's of Loti nature and culture. 

The beauty of the universe lasts forever, war doesn't. Someday it'll end, but only if we pull our efforts together to make it happen. Working together in our coalition forces as allies and not adversaries helps destroy Loti insurgents, and someday will establish peace.

Screenshot_20240504_111031_Gallery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

912 posts

22 hours ago, Ozzy_4321 said:

"Sunset Over Seawatch"

 

May 624, Seawatch.

A small search is carried out by Platoon-2 Company-B of the 2nd Infantry Battalion 3rd Division just west of Seawatch patrolling the shore. The gentlemen of platoon 2 are led by infantry Lieutenant Arthur Dupont.

Amongst all the fighting and politics, as much as Lotus is bad, I'd be lying to not admit the nature of Lotus is quite beutiful. From the rivers and streams that run throughout the countryside to the stars shining above the temples and stacks of bamboo, the beauty of nature reminds us all that even throughout a war there's still some human left within. It reminds us of home, that the same sun setting down here in the warzone of Lotus is the same sun that would set over the skylines of Oleon. The sunset we see now fighting a war as soldiers, is that same sunset we would take our dates to see after school.

It reminds us that one day this war will be over, Loti forces will be destroyed, fighting here will have ended, and Lotus will be safe. Maybe then the civilized people of Oleon will be able to safely travel to and from Lotus, admiring the beauty's of Loti nature and culture. 

The beauty of the universe lasts forever, war doesn't. Someday it'll end, but only if we pull our efforts together to make it happen. Working together in our coalition forces as allies and not adversaries helps destroy Loti insurgents, and someday will establish peace.

Screenshot_20240504_111031_Gallery

 

Nice scene! Essential, but the combination of the different colours works very well!

For your next builds, my suggestion however is to create a separated post and link them here… otherwise it will be very difficult to find them in the future, if you will ever want to recall them!

Just a side note: the war with the Lotus Kingdom is now taking place on an island of the New World, colonised by bough us and the Lotii, not in the Lotus Kingdom itself… unless we want to solve the issue attacking directly the enemy motherland (which could be an interesting idea, btw…)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 posts

12 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice scene! Essential, but the combination of the different colours works very well!

For your next builds, my suggestion however is to create a separated post and link them here… otherwise it will be very difficult to find them in the future, if you will ever want to recall them!

Just a side note: the war with the Lotus Kingdom is now taking place on an island of the New World, colonised by bough us and the Lotii, not in the Lotus Kingdom itself… unless we want to solve the issue attacking directly the enemy motherland (which could be an interesting idea, btw…)

Thank you!

Also ofcourse, Ill figure out seperste posts soon, still a little new to eurobricks :pir-triumph:

 

Also as for the war with Lotus, will my troops be resigned away from the mainland to the new island, or am I able to continue seawatch security and mainland and patrols?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

731 posts

8 minutes ago, Ozzy_4321 said:

Also as for the war with Lotus, will my troops be resigned away from the mainland to the new island, or am I able to continue seawatch security and mainland and patrols?

Seawatch is on the island already. We drove back a Lotii seige at Seawatch and now we are mopping up. Your troops and fort are in Seawatch already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 posts

2 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Seawatch is on the island already. We drove back a Lotii seige at Seawatch and now we are mopping up. Your troops and fort are in Seawatch already.

Awesome tysm, that's what I'd kinda thought but I wasn't 100% positive lol, thanks for clarifying :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

731 posts

9 hours ago, Ozzy_4321 said:

Awesome tysm, that's what I'd kinda thought but I wasn't 100% positive lol, thanks for clarifying :classic:

No worries. The island isn't the Lotii mainland, is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.