Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2023 Discussion

11 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I’ve seen people say it could be a gradual phase out of the main characters, say they stick around for a wave or 2 being accompanied by the new guys, so kids get used to it. Maybe we see a set of 3 new ninja this wave, a set of 3 new ninja next wave and then the following wave (summer 2024? Is it really that close?) we get a full change over. This would integrate them in without having a massive cut off and leaving kids confused and worried. 

it would be a big gamble for Lego, but I'd love all new characters in the main Ninjago theme, they could keep the old Ninja for the Core subtheme and make a permanent decision based on how each theme performs financially

On 12/27/2022 at 6:13 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

I’ve seen people say it could be a gradual phase out of the main characters, say they stick around for a wave or 2 being accompanied by the new guys, so kids get used to it. Maybe we see a set of 3 new ninja this wave, a set of 3 new ninja next wave and then the following wave (summer 2024? Is it really that close?) we get a full change over. This would integrate them in without having a massive cut off and leaving kids confused and worried.

Meanwhile freinds hitting its fans faster than a bullet train

anyway I really hope they don’t phase out the old ninja, that might make ninjago fans upset

I doubt that the original characters will be fully phased-out, and instead will be shifted into mentor/support roles. They could still be part of the show, but not always appear in the sets (like Nya, P.I.X.A.L., Dareth, Misako, etc have in past waves). 

Promobricks review on Brick Box

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ninjago-71787-steinebox-im-review/155530/

The build suggestions in the instructions looks even better then the original design tbh when it's a bigger tower/dojo, and the color scheme still fits with the 2022 Dojo/expansion.

And it's nice to get a full pack of bone weapons despite just having 1 monster fig.

Also as noted in review, figure selection is a bit weird however, Kai and Nya being also in the 2022 Dojo and in multiple of the 2023 sets, but the students look nice.

As for value, it's decent, not amazing, but you get a storage box, and with an eventual discount it's not bad.

Edited by TeriXeri

Anyone who's MOC'd a Gayle Gossip minifig for Dareth to lust over..

Lego Friends is giving us a Mobile News Unit in the summer wave. Set 41749 - 446 pieces. Could have potential to be repurposed for Ninjago City News?

14 hours ago, Killian said:

Anyone who's MOC'd a Gayle Gossip minifig for Dareth to lust over..

Lego Friends is giving us a Mobile News Unit in the summer wave. Set 41749 - 446 pieces. Could have potential to be repurposed for Ninjago City News?

We really need a gale gossip, 10 years and closest we got was a sticker cameo in ninjago city gardens 

11 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

We really need a gale gossip, 10 years and closest we got was a sticker cameo in ninjago city gardens 

And Cyrus Borg, though one of the minifigs in set 60388 has his face, so we do now have all the parts available to make our own.

Just been thinking about the Empress mech (if the set names are real) After assassinating her parents, if royal succession works in Ninjago like it does here, Harumi is Empress now.

21 minutes ago, Killian said:

And Cyrus Borg, though one of the minifigs in set 60388 has his face, so we do now have all the parts available to make our own.

Just been thinking about the Empress mech (if the set names are real) After assassinating her parents, if royal succession works in Ninjago like it does here, Harumi is Empress now.

The title implies that this “empress” is the main villain, if Harumi was redeemed in crystalized, why would she be evil, also I’m definitely getting the gaming truck for a custom Cyrus borg, also, the Nya samurai x mech should have included Antonia, I’ve already made a custom, but we need an official

On 12/31/2022 at 1:00 PM, Lemerbrix said:

The title implies that this “empress” is the main villain, if Harumi was redeemed in crystalized, why would she be evil, also I’m definitely getting the gaming truck for a custom Cyrus borg, also, the Nya samurai x mech should have included Antonia, I’ve already made a custom, but we need an official

Harumi the vindictive murderer who was totally on board for turning citizens into zombies only turned against The Crystal King because she blamed him for the death of her biological parents (total hypocrisy when she was fine with killing her adoptive parents). That was not a redemption, she hasn't demonstrated any desire to do the right thing for the right reasons yet. 

I doubt she'll be back as the main villain anyway as her character is too problematic. The fact Lloyd consistently wanted to bone someone who only abused and psychologically manipulated him felt like when an abused girlfriend keeps going back to the abusive boyfriend no matter how many times he puts her in hospital because she thinks she can change him. 

If Harumi joins the good side and all is forgiven, Lego are basically saying abuse and gaslighting etc is ok. If she stays evil, all the Twilight girls who wanted to see the nice character marry the abuser will complain because her one moment of revenge means she's "good now" .  I think the series is best sticking with Tommy Andreason's statement about letting the viewers decide and not featuring Harumi much ever again, if at all.

Why she didn't just ascend to the throne after arranging her parent's death and pass new laws putting evil characters in charge still feels like a plot hole. But this is Ninjago lol 

7 minutes ago, Killian said:

Why she didn't just ascend to the throne after arranging her parent's death and pass new laws putting evil characters in charge still feels like a plot hole. But this is Ninjago lol 

Well it worked for Kalmarr 🤣

16 hours ago, Killian said:

Why she didn't just ascend to the throne after arranging her parent's death and pass new laws putting evil characters in charge still feels like a plot hole. But this is Ninjago lol 

The Royal Family only being figureheads was one of the first things established about them. Harumi wouldn't have had power as empress.

Edited by GarmaFan

Built Lloyd's Mech Battle, good set. I like the mechs, they are pretty unique. Wish Lloyd didn't have a drak green breastplate and regular green everything else, it doesn't look good.

Also ordered Nya's Dragon.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Built Lloyd's Mech Battle, good set. I like the mechs, they are pretty unique. Wish Lloyd didn't have a drak green breastplate and regular green everything else, it doesn't look good.

Also ordered Nya's Dragon.

Only just took a closer look at that fig (didn't occur to me that it was new, unlike most of the other ninja who are repeats from the Core wave). The color mismatch isn't ideal but I suppose it works when you consider that the belt and headband are cloth while the dark green is more of a scale armor pattern.

There's a rumour floating around that the 2023 summer wave will depict the current Ninja teaming up with Ninja from the future to handle a villain using time travel to mess about with things. There's an alleged episode title that's a play on the idea of The Butterfly Effect but referencing a Dragon instead of a butterfly

14 minutes ago, Killian said:

There's a rumour floating around that the 2023 summer wave will depict the current Ninja teaming up with Ninja from the future to handle a villain using time travel to mess about with things. There's an alleged episode title that's a play on the idea of The Butterfly Effect but referencing a Dragon instead of a butterfly

I'm 90 percent sure this is fake as it seems to originate from a website like IMBD, which has been used before for fake ninjago leaks. The episode also has a release date almost 5 months away, which is pretty damn far, considering we also have a description. I'm calling fake, but I'd love to be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I'm 90 percent sure this is fake as it seems to originate from a website like IMBD, which has been used before for fake ninjago leaks. The episode also has a release date almost 5 months away, which is pretty damn far, considering we also have a description. I'm calling fake, but I'd love to be wrong. 

It does sound too good to be true, but also could be a good way for Lego to test a soft reboot with a new set of characters that could be spun off into a next generation kind of show; then if they aren't popular, it's easy to just end the time travel plot and continue to focus on the old Ninja.

The biggest problem as a viewer when there's a time travel plot is that it lowers the stakes, since whatever happens in the future can be negated by the heroes dealing with the circumstances that caused that future when they return to the past so the future events lose their impact.

If time travel is involved, I hope the Ninja get new faces and hairstyles again. I'm bored of the same minifig parts over and over again

Full 2023 list (with prices).

• 71777 [Kai Dragon Power: Tornado Spinjitzu] (10€, 72 pcs) 

• 71778 [Nya Dragon Power: Drifting Spinjitzu] (10€, 57 pcs)

• 71779 [Lloyd Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Cyclone] (10€, 56 pcs)

• 71789 [Kai and Ras Car and Motorcycle Battle] 4+ (20€, 103 pcs)

• 71790 [Imperium Dragon Slayer Hound] (20€, 198 pcs)

• 71791 [Zane Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Competition Sport Car] (35€, 307 pcs)

• 71792 [Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike] (45€, 384 pcs)

• 71793 [Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon] (50€, 479 pcs)

• 71794 [Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs] (80€, 764 pcs)

• 71796 [Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mecca] (100€, 1038 pcs)

• 71797 [Ninja Assault Ship: Race Against Time] (140€, 1739 pcs)

• 30650 [Polybag] (47 pcs)

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Interesting list. It sounds like Zane's Car is going to come with the stuff in the gimmick sets since it also has "Dragon Power" in the name. I wonder if the Lava Dragon is going to be a villain set, since it's one of the only ones without a character's name in it (as well as the Dragon Slayer Hound, which sounds like a villain set).

6 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I wonder if the Lava Dragon is going to be a villain set

If time travel and future ninja are going to feature in United or whatever it'll be called, it'd be an interesting twist if the future Elemental Master of Fire was evil, or if all the future Ninja were and the current Ninja's goal is to work out how to stop them becoming evil from the past. It'd fit with Lego's love of stories where the bad guys eventually turn good

20 hours ago, Meadius said:

Interesting list. It sounds like Zane's Car is going to come with the stuff in the gimmick sets since it also has "Dragon Power" in the name. I wonder if the Lava Dragon is going to be a villain set, since it's one of the only ones without a character's name in it (as well as the Dragon Slayer Hound, which sounds like a villain set).

71793 Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon sounds epic like a lava dragon which belongs to Kai and as @Meadius said 71790 Imperium Dragon Slayer hound sounds like a villain based set... From the set list it seems that the Ninjas have dragons/dragon powers whilst the villains are against the dragons. Lego is also featuring at both of the 2023 toyfairs (Nuremberg and London Toyfairs) from 24 - 26 Jan and the last time they attended was Jan 2020 where we got Motm set names so expect Promobricks to report and recieve new set details and information on the Summer 2023 sets.

btw i prefer vehicle and creature builds to landmarks does anyone else feel lego has almost perfected dragons too?

Edited by Fire-Ninja

22 hours ago, Fire-Ninja said:

71793 Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon sounds epic like a lava dragon which belongs to Kai and as @Meadius said 71790 Imperium Dragon Slayer hound sounds like a villain based set... From the set list it seems that the Ninjas have dragons/dragon powers whilst the villains are against the dragons. Lego is also featuring at both of the 2023 toyfairs (Nuremberg and London Toyfairs) from 24 - 26 Jan and the last time they attended was Jan 2020 where we got Motm set names so expect Promobricks to report and recieve new set details and information on the Summer 2023 sets.

btw i prefer vehicle and creature builds to landmarks does anyone else feel lego has almost perfected dragons too?

Absolutely, Lego has definitely perfected dragon builds now, my main point will be and always will be Lloyds legendary dragon. Wether they choose to use the amazing techniques though, that’s another question (Looking at you, zanes core dragon!). 

In other news, falcon fan has finally posted the names, with 2 sources linked. The minecraft goat dude isn’t one of them, which means we now have 3 or 4 sources, most being reliable. I guess that guy wasn’t full of crap after all, which I’m glad to hear. Now I can’t wait to see this new wave of sets! 

On 1/8/2023 at 5:27 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Absolutely, Lego has definitely perfected dragon builds now, my main point will be and always will be Lloyds legendary dragon. Wether they choose to use the amazing techniques though, that’s another question (Looking at you, zanes core dragon!). 

In other news, falcon fan has finally posted the names, with 2 sources linked. The minecraft goat dude isn’t one of them, which means we now have 3 or 4 sources, most being reliable. I guess that guy wasn’t full of crap after all, which I’m glad to hear. Now I can’t wait to see this new wave of sets! 

Wow cannot wait! it also seems he mistook 71793 for Heatwave Transforming Racing Bike not the Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon as electricbricks and jedijacpenguin lists it as he must have mistaken it with Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike.

here is also a link to electricbricks' listing of all the summer 2023 sets:

• 71777:  Kai's Dragon Power: Tornado Spinjitzu  ($9.99 , 72 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153934.html

• 71778:  Nya's Dragon Power: Drifting Spinjitzu  ($9.99 , 57 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153935.html

• 71779:  Lloyd's Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Cyclone  ($9.99 , 56 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153936.html

• 71789:  Kai and Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle 4+  ($19.99 , 103 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153937.html

• 71790:  Imperium Dragon Slayer Hound  ($19.99 , 198 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153938.html

• 71791:  Zane's Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Race Car  ($34.99 , 307 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153939.html

• 71792:  Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike  ($44.99 , 384 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153940.html

• 71793Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon  ($49.99 , 479 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153941.html

• 71794:  Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs  ($79.99 , 764 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153942.html

• 71796:  Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mecca  ($99.99 , 1038 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153943.html

• 71797:  Destiny's Bounty: Race Against Time    ($139.99 , 1739 pieces): https://www.electricbricks.com/lego-ninjago--p-153944.html

Edited by Fire-Ninja