El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Has anyone bought the Community centre yet?  I'm thinking I should wait for it to go on sale.  

It's nice but at the side of the downtown flower set it looks a bit expensive.

The building is really cool but interior is very basic /childish and kind of lets it down especially comparing it to the gardens.

Edited by BrickSP

12 minutes ago, BrickSP said:

Has anyone bought the Community centre yet?  I'm thinking I should wait for it to go on sale.  

The building is really cool but interior is very basic /childish and kind of lets it down especially comparing it to the gardens.

I might buy it when it's more available, sadly wasn't able to get the beach adventure park on June 1st, so I don't have any summer friends sets

6 hours ago, BrickSP said:

Interesting. I thought the Community Center looks better than Downtown Flower / Design. I have been trying to get the Downtown Flower / Design set for $90-$100USD (Norma is $160.) but keep missing out because of work (and sketchy data). So you like the downtown set? I haven't seen a lot of reviews about it, but I like all the expensive Friend sets once I build them.

15 minutes ago, Maple said:

Interesting. I thought the Community Center looks better than Downtown Flower / Design. I have been trying to get the Downtown Flower / Design set for $90-$100USD (Norma is $160.) but keep missing out because of work (and sketchy data). So you like the downtown set? I haven't seen a lot of reviews about it, but I like all the expensive Friend sets once I build them.

Downtown F/D finally went on sale here in Australia and I got it a couple of days ago. It’s great, really gorgeous design and the modern look of the Design store in particular makes it very unique in my city. If you can get a good price and have space for it, I’d recommend it for any city builder.

42 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Downtown F/D finally went on sale here in Australia and I got it a couple of days ago. It’s great, really gorgeous design and the modern look of the Design store in particular makes it very unique in my city. If you can get a good price and have space for it, I’d recommend it for any city builder.

I don't have space for anymore Lego. That doesn't stop me. :laugh: Just annoyed I keep missing out. I came home to buy one for $95, 40% off, but someone beat me to it.

usually when city has commercial airplane , friends line will come out with a similar one . So I’m expecting a commercial plane for next year friendsline ! 

Scored that polybag from the local LEGO Certified Store here in Australia yesterday, its really fun build and full of nice pieces (even if I don't build with minidolls)

10 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

usually when city has commercial airplane , friends line will come out with a similar one . So I’m expecting a commercial plane for next year friendsline ! 

I'm a huge fan of 41429, the last Friends plane. One of my favorite modern day LEGO planes. I did modify it to fit minifigures instead and it holds 13 chairs and a pilot. I feel like it just came out but by the set number it's 300 Friends sets ago and has been retired for a year and a half.

In the USA the polybags are $5 which I feel is hugely overpriced. However that Friends polybag I'd spend $5 on. Nice figure, the otter, the sunscreen, the new tree leaves look amazing. Always a fan of coral trash cans.

I got that polybag with some VIP points too.  It is supposed to arrive today.  They had me at sea otter.

On 6/9/2023 at 2:15 AM, Killian said:

Just redeemed this with 500 VIP points when I placed an order on Lego's site

1000x800p.jpg

Oh titan, these are available for VIP’s!

going to need to get this for that otter (and also fern pieces, but mostly otter) 🦦

On 6/9/2023 at 9:22 AM, Maple said:

I'm a huge fan of 41429, the last Friends plane. One of my favorite modern day LEGO planes. I did modify it to fit minifigures instead and it holds 13 chairs and a pilot. I feel like it just came out but by the set number it's 300 Friends sets ago and has been retired for a year and a half.

In the USA the polybags are $5 which I feel is hugely overpriced. However that Friends polybag I'd spend $5 on. Nice figure, the otter, the sunscreen, the new tree leaves look amazing. Always a fan of coral trash cans.

41109 is my favourite with those premium first class chairs , and that purple was amazing color on the aircraft 

I agree, 41109 is a beautiful color. Really nicely done by LEGO. Sadly I never got it as I never found it on sale.I got 41429 for half off.

I got 41732. A little more than I wanted to spend but still less than $100USD and about 40% off. Yay for eBay.

Edited by Maple

So apparently principal hale is from Hawaii, according to this short.

Edited by Lemerbrix
Hale from Hawaii

Got the pancake stall and sea rescue plane earlier this week, I love the pancake prints, and the plane is a very fun build, ordered the beach cleanup vip reward today, as well

For anyone in Australia reading this topic, our Aussie Target has the Botanical Garden for $79 Aussie dollars right now. That's an absolute bargain.

Gosh I love when LEGO releases a whole bunch of stuff right before End of Financial Year sales, and the retailers just go "yeah whatever everything is on sale".

Had a shower thought, the pug from the beach buggy fun 4+ set reappears in the advent calendar. The advent calendar includes all of the new friends pets, plus this pug. Zac is in the beach buggy fun, so could the pug belong to Zac?

5 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Had a shower thought, the pug from the beach buggy fun 4+ set reappears in the advent calendar. The advent calendar includes all of the new friends pets, plus this pug. Zac is in the beach buggy fun, so could the pug belong to Zac?

Yes, the set description for the beach buggy confirms that the pug is Zac's and even gives us its name, Dango!

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Yes, the set description for the beach buggy confirms that the pug is Zac's and even gives us its name, Dango!

Thanks! Now all I need to get is aria, Gertrude, and now dango and I’ll have all the friends pets!

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Just came across this fun article on representation and inclusion in Lego Friends 

https://reviewed.usatoday.com/accessibility/features/lego-friends-sets-characters-kids-with-disabilities

Hmm, interesting, just read it, apparently the site is interpreting the majority of the new main cast to have anxiety, or be neurodivergent in some way

also, the beach cleanup is Amazing! Best friends polybag of 2022

On 12/30/2022 at 2:36 AM, Lemerbrix said:

Here’s the script (English)

autumn: hi? Yes,autumn here

leo: hmm, autumn definitely looks surprised,

olly: who is calling?
A FEW MINUTES LATER 

autumn: friends, you won’t believe who that was, Simon Daley, the {lakde?} film producer, and he actually wants to film our cat adoption tomorrow

leo: unbelievable!
aliya: ohhh

liann: oh, wow

olly: so the film team wants to shoot here? 

Autumn: well, yeah, I think so

aliya: then to work!  Everything has to be camera ready by tomorrow

leo: I can bake cute cat muffins

liann: and I paint some colorful pictures of cats to beautify the barn a little

aliya: I can organize all the cats documents for their new owners

olly: I grab a few brushes and prepare the kittens a bit

liann: and this beauty can be my model 

autumn: that’s so kind of you, thanks

olly: okay, furry balls, ready for my wellness treatment

aliya: I’ll come with you autumn, then you can show me where all the documents are

autumn: okay, let’s go

leo: I hope it’s okay with your mother if I help in the kitchen

liann: I’ll also do it when I’m done painting 

liann: this little guy has really good poses

autumn: thank you Aliya, without you I would never have managed it so quickly

aliya: oh, I love to help

olly: let’s see how many likes you got 

leo: the film team will be thrilled

mia: certainly

liann: and they smell so delicious

LATER

autumn: many thanks for everything

aliya: oh,we’re glad we knew how to help

liann: then see you tomorrow morning, fresh and cheerful 

this took me an hour 

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ! (2)

Pretty accurate   😊

Generation 2 is now in print in English!

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ! (2)

Shadow continues to be an agent of chaos

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ! (2)

Autumn's room doesn't look like the one in her house Lego set.

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       ! (2)

1 hour ago, Killian said:

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ! (2)

Pretty accurate   😊

Generation 2 is now in print in English!

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ! (2)

Shadow continues to be an agent of chaos

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ! (2)

Autumn's room doesn't look like the one in her house Lego set.

!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   ! (2)!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       ! (2)

Lol, I was just using google translate, nothing fancy and I still get pretty close? Wow!

I really want Mia’s truck as a set, such a nice truck!

lets see, as someone who has autumn’s house, I can look and see the differences

#1 autumn’s bed is facing the wrong way 

#2 the bedsheets are the wrong color

#3 there is no alarm clock

#4 there is no painting or lights above autumn’s bed

also, is that dolphin polybag new? Only ones I remember are the cat habitat, bunny at vet, and the doghouse