Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Does Myer give staff discount on sale Lego? A chick i'm seeing works there.

I highly doubt that they would get an extra discount at sale time. No retail mob I've ever worked for has done this.

But on the bright side, staff discounts are cheaper any time you want them without having to wait for a sale.

Unless of course the product you want has a back-end rebate, which will sometimes mean that the ticket price is lower than staff price. You get that a lot with things like computers.

Its possible K-Mart may put out some of the new City, they have been first with new City in the past.

Its possible K-Mart may put out some of the new City, they have been first with new City in the past.

Well, I might just ring their customer service line and pop the question like quoting one of upcoming set numbers then ask when they expect it on store shelves. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Any sightings of the new Star Wars sets? Would be nice to grab them while the sales are on but they don't appear to be in any of the catalogues. :cry_sad:

Just to clarify regarding the Myer One 10% off, for in-store you are supposed to present the printed coupon AND a Myer One card. (If you don't have a card you can sign up for one on the spot.) Sometimes you can just mention the coupon (if you don't have one) and present your card, but it depends on the staff. You know what they say regarding being safe vs sorry, if you can print out the coupon do it.

I highly doubt that they would get an extra discount at sale time. No retail mob I've ever worked for has done this.\

Well, found out you can use the staff discount if you don't have the Myer 1 coupon.

That aside, I just picked up Sopwith, LR Train, Kingdom Joust.

May go back for Family House.

Just to clarify regarding the Myer One 10% off, for in-store you are supposed to present the printed coupon AND a Myer One card. (If you don't have a card you can sign up for one on the spot.) Sometimes you can just mention the coupon (if you don't have one) and present your card, but it depends on the staff. You know what they say regarding being safe vs sorry, if you can print out the coupon do it.

Ok great - does anyone have a link to the coupon then?

Thanks - I have no idea why I never get this direct.

Me too. I have a myer one card but never get emails from them. The Code worked for me this morning when I bought a HE Creator train. Came down to $111.

Hola!

It has started online but doesn't start in store until tomorrow

And if you live near one of the whopping 4 Myer stores that offer Click & Collect (Myer apparently thinks this whole "impatubes shopping" the kiddies are hooked on is a fad), you can lock in sale prices (+10% Myer One additional discount) online, avoid postage *and* not have to fight the maddening crowds first-thing tomorrow to secure any highly-prized sets you have your eye on. $66.60 for the new Creator Family House? Don't mind if I do!

EvMan

The Friends Dolphin Cruiser is now on Shop@Home for 99.99, reasonable compared to the US69.99. Any word on who/when/how much (or even if) it is coming to an Aus retailer?

If not, than thanks for free shipping.

New enormous Sydney Opera House set (10234) is now listed on S@H (available September) for $400 (minus 1 cent, but I'm a rounder-offerrer). Looks incredible if you haven't seen it yet.

New enormous Sydney Opera House set (10234) is now listed on S@H (available September) for $400 (minus 1 cent, but I'm a rounder-offerrer). Looks incredible if you haven't seen it yet.

And wouldn't you know it, available 1 day after free shipping ends, S@H are trying very hard to lose my business.........

And wouldn't you know it, available 1 day after free shipping ends, S@H are trying very hard to lose my business.........

I'm sure free shipping will happen again around Christmas...also no one here actually buys sets at RRP, right??

Yeah, unless they have free shipping again, or they sell the model with the Architecture version at the actual Opera House, then I won't be able to get this :cry_sad:

Patience guys. As if they wouldn't find a retailer here in Australia to distribute it to, who would in turn give us some form of discounting at some point. There is no way they would hand it over to TRU, and I am sure all retailers will want to snap this up as their exclusive. We will get our 20% off or so in store at some stage.

I spoke to Kmart customer service....they only had LOTR sets listed as new ones coming out......no city or Star Wars in the short term. :cry_sad:

I would say Myer will get the Sydney Opera House, as they had the Taj Mahal and Tower Bridge

Can anyone get on the bigw site? There is a JSP processing error.

It's up now. Gee, 25 minutes late

Edited by Pennas2000