Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

There isn't any connection between US and Australian Target, so if it does turn up at Target here, it is no more than a coincidence. Sorry I don't have any more helpful info than that.

Very true to a point, except only the city house (8403) wasn't a exclusive at Target in Oz....where all the SW/CW sets being a US Target exclusive also becomes a Target Oz exclusive too. :wink:

Spotted: ToyRUs Parramatta flaunting shiny new boxes of Unimog goodness on their shelves. At the RRP of $330, they can now be picked off by Sydney's wealthy elite. And by lowly, helpless addicts.

You know you love me xoxo

TRU has 25% off POTC (and no perl, at least not at cannington)

But only until the 25th though ! :wink:

Toy Corner now has 5767 Cool Cruiser now. :wink:

(and no perl, at least not at cannington)

I guess that makes The Black Perl (sic) a build only ship.

(Sorry, computer nerd joke. Carry on before I start claiming QAR has Ruby sails and that Indiana Jones is scared of Pythons.)

Back on the hunt for the elusive boat, this is a definite long shot, but... A few, isolated LEGO items have been available at Costco, both in the US and Australia, and they happen to be the same sets in both countries (one or two recent Star Wars ones and the Harry Potter Hogwarts).

Now, just recently, people in the US have reported seeing The Black Pearl in Costco, at a substantial discount of $79.99 vs $99.99 US RRP.

If (and only if) Costco happens to pack similar crates for distribution in all their centres, then it could conceivably show up at the three Australian Costcos (Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra).

It's a million to one shot, but if anyone here happens to have a Costco membership, perhaps you could check...?

Edited by dotmike

Something else I just remembered - Kinokuniya in Sydney City Galeries Victoria had some Lego Architecture sets built & on display in a glass cabinet, including Fallingwater, the White House, John Hancock Centre and Seattle Space Needle IIRC. I've agonised over this theme but never purchased, so it was nice to get to finally see these sets in the flesh (i.e. ABS). You'll also laugh out loud when you see how much they're charging.

If you're not prepared to wait the 8 or 9 months for the 2012 mid-year sales, shop at home might be the best option. I think they have double VIP points on this set at the moment. Although there is one on bricklink now for just over $120, but once you factor in shipping and paypal's dodgy currency conversion rates, you're probably looking at $180+. I doubt that the set will appear on various Amazon sites until next year and most don't ship Lego to Aus anyway.

Yep, for laughs I threw the Volkswagen and a bunch of other stuff into Amazon just to see what could / couldn't be shipped. I used to think that none of it would, but some at least appears to fall through the cracks. Here's my sample:

4184 (Black Pearl) - blocked

4195 (QA Revenge) - allowed

7189 (Mill Village Raid) - allowed

7573 (Battle of Almut) - blocked

10193 (Medieval Village) - blocked

10194 (Emerald Night) - blocked

10197 (Fire Brigade) - blocked (not Amazon LLC or Amazon Export though)

10198 (Tantive IV) - blocked

10199 (Winter Toy Shop) - blocked

10210 (Imperial Flagship) - blocked

10211 (Grand Emporium) - allowed

10214 (Tower Bridge) - blocked

10216 (Winter Bakery) - blocked

10217 (Diagon Alley) - allowed

10218 (Pet Shop) - blocked

10219 (Maersk Train) - allowed

10220 (Camper Van) - blocked (not Amazon LLC or Amazon Export)

21005 (Falling Water) - blocked

There doesn't seem to be any real pattern between allowed and blocked - age, licenses or "type" (eg modular buildings) all seem to vary. Unfortunately, I don't know if the allowed / block lists vary either over time, and it may also vary by which Amazon you try. I agree with Hewman, it's hit and miss.

Because it's new and in the "hard to get", I think it won't show up in any local stores for a while, I seem to recall reading that the "hard to get / exclusive" items are only available through S@H for a number of months before local retail can stock them. That could be old info though. But S@H or BL are probably the only real options right now.

Something else I just remembered - Kinokuniya in Sydney City Galeries Victoria had some Lego Architecture sets built & on display in a glass cabinet, including Fallingwater, the White House, John Hancock Centre and Seattle Space Needle IIRC. I've agonised over this theme but never purchased, so it was nice to get to finally see these sets in the flesh (i.e. ABS). You'll also laugh out loud when you see how much they're charging.

Saw them there last Xmas. Their prices for these sets are simply disgraceful.

IIRC they want $300 for Falling Water, picked up mine for $US90 from B&N.

It's truly disgusting when a company tries to rip off their customers like this.

Shame, Kinokuniya, Shame.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

There doesn't seem to be any real pattern between allowed and blocked - age, licenses or "type" (eg modular buildings) all seem to vary. Unfortunately, I don't know if the allowed / block lists vary either over time, and it may also vary by which Amazon you try. I agree with Hewman, it's hit and miss.

Amazon France seems to have more Lego available internationally (Amazon US and Amazon UK tend to restrict most of it).

To save time visit:

Shipstoaustralia.com

You can search the Amazon catalogue to see what will ship out here. Also enables you to see prices in both USD and AUD, as well as calculate shipping.

So yes, time saving but perhaps ultimately more expensive as you become increasingly tempted!

Myer 5-day Toy Sale: Buy 2 Get 3rd Free.

On again until the end of this Sunday (23rd).

Edit: Anyone want to go thirds on three SW Advents? :wink:

Edited by DrWeevil

I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but I have found that if the item is being sold by Amazon (not a 3rd party shop), then you have a better chance of it being able to be shipped to Australia. On the left had side of the Amazon page, after you have done a search (eg. 'lego technic'), you can select the brand as 'Lego', and then the seller as 'Amazon', and you might have better luck. See screenshot here.

But... this discussion probably belongs in the Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores thread.

Myer 5-day Toy Sale: Buy 2 Get 3rd Free.

On again until the end of this Sunday (23rd).

Edit: Anyone want to go thirds on three SW Advents? :wink:

was just about to post this, i'm in mel cbd if anyone is keen for 3 way split on the SW calender or 7930 bounty hunter gunship, chuck us a pm

Kings Castle 7946 currently $58 at BigW online + $4 shipping.

Guys, the price is a mistake. The $58 refers to the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (7947), which is normally $88. The product SKU for 7946 (Castle) is actually the SKU for 7947. It's a mix up. I went down to Big W in person and verified this. So if you ring them up over the phone and they tell you they have stock of Castle and it's $58, don't bother - when you get there you'll find it's actually the Tower. Too bad.

Further to this Big W Online actually shipped out the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (7947) rather than the Kings Castle set (to me at least). Did anyone receive the Kings Castle as ordered?

Bummed that Amazon doesn't ship the Medieval Market Village here.

Anyone know the cheapest place to acquire it? Online or locally in Melbourne.

Further to this Big W Online actually shipped out the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (7947) rather than the Kings Castle set (to me at least). Did anyone receive the Kings Castle as ordered?

Is it possible to just call up Customer Service and bitch until they ship you Kings Castle? Might sound rather mean, but I have gotten online shops to honour their deals by doing this, when they have incorrect advertising.

Is it possible to just call up Customer Service and bitch until they ship you Kings Castle? Might sound rather mean, but I have gotten online shops to honour their deals by doing this, when they have incorrect advertising.

I wouldn't call it mean, they still have the price online, even though they haven't got them in stock. I'm sure the issue has arisen for them and no one has done anything about it. If you ask me, the customer deserves the correct price. The customer does not need to read the SKU number to know what they are buying, thats the stores information and no excuse not to honour a price.

Well if you're after Kings Castle, Shopforme.com.au has it for $110.49 at the moment.

Bummed that Amazon doesn't ship the Medieval Market Village here.

Anyone know the cheapest place to acquire it? Online or locally in Melbourne.

I just ordered one from Amazon france (so www.amazon.fr) and it was 115 delivered.

Big W's online customer service was completely useless and clearly didn't even read the email I sent them. They just sent back a canned email about being able to return the item to a store, which may be difficult given I don't actually have the item to return.

I'll try to phone customer service later.

Same thing happened to me at the start of the year, BigW online mix up with a set and price, and when I

phoned BigW that they sent out the wrong set they checked the system and saw what they had

sent me was correct becase of the barcode and SKU associated with the set.

They did nothing and didn't even accept responcibility. Errors happen, all I could do is either

post the Lego set back to them and they'd refund me the money, or I could take it into a BigW

store and they'd refund me over the counter as long as I took in the Invoice.

I went to the store, said that BigW online had shipped the wrong set to me but when they

checked the product code and SKU they saw it was infact the right one.

I showed them a screen print out of what was advertised online, set name, number, picture and thought

I had a good case.............but they couldn't do anything, simple error that they weren't going to

take responcibility for because it was an online BigW error.

The end of my saga was I got my money back and I returned the set......... I wasn't going to pay for postage to

send it back to BigW as it cost me enough to take it back to the store!!!

I just ordered one from Amazon france (so www.amazon.fr) and it was 115 delivered.

Thanks. Thats very tempting.

Edited by leng jai

Same thing happened to me at the start of the year, BigW online mix up with a set and price, and when I

phoned BigW that they sent out the wrong set they checked the system and saw what they had

sent me was correct becase of the barcode and SKU associated with the set.

They did nothing and didn't even accept responcibility. Errors happen, all I could do is either

post the Lego set back to them and they'd refund me the money, or I could take it into a BigW

store and they'd refund me over the counter as long as I took in the Invoice.

I went to the store, said that BigW online had shipped the wrong set to me but when they

checked the product code and SKU they saw it was infact the right one.

I showed them a screen print out of what was advertised online, set name, number, picture and thought

I had a good case.............but they couldn't do anything, simple error that they weren't going to

take responcibility for because it was an online BigW error.

The end of my saga was I got my money back and I returned the set......... I wasn't going to pay for postage to

send it back to BigW as it cost me enough to take it back to the store!!!

Thanks for the info, I was afraid that was what I had to look forward to in dealing with Big W. I'll just return the set to a store and get a refund rather than waste time trying to get Big W to fix their mistake.

Very true to a point, except only the city house (8403) wasn't a exclusive at Target in Oz....where all the SW/CW sets being a US Target exclusive also becomes a Target Oz exclusive too. :wink:

I hope this is true but im still waiting for a true confirmation and I still haven't got my call from Cromwell @ Lego Australia yet on the avalability. Thanks for the heads up Lighningtiger :thumbup: