Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Off-topic, but It's weird how this thread, on a Lego dedicated forum, is quieter than the Lego thread on Whirlpool Forums.

Off-topic, but It's weird how this thread, on a Lego dedicated forum, is quieter than the Lego thread on Whirlpool Forums.

Thats because posts that go into the LEGO thread on WP go into other places here on Eurobricks.

Thats because posts that go into the LEGO thread on WP go into other places here on Eurobricks.

True enough, a few general posts about different things here and there, but even a majority of the posts on WP are focused on Australian sales or events. But to each their own I suppose.

Back on topic, do we know when the Australian releases of the 31012 Creator Family House and/or Lone Ranger sets are?

Edited by ChrisW

Hello, I'll be in Sydney (over from NZ) later this week, can anyone recommend a good Lego store to visit in the Central city (I'll be based in Woolloomooloo) or Castlehill areas? I will have a car.

Thanks

Hello, I'll be in Sydney (over from NZ) later this week, can anyone recommend a good Lego store to visit in the Central city (I'll be based in Woolloomooloo) or Castlehill areas? I will have a car.

Thanks

I've only been here since June last year, but in my experience, Myer in Pitt St Mall has the largest range in the city (and life size models of R2-D2 and C3PO!). There's also David Jones (but they don't have as wide a range - only good if you're after the Town Hall modular, they have tons). There's also Hobbyco in the QVB, but not as great a range as Myer.

If you're looking to go a bit further out of the city (5 mins tops) then visit the TRU at Supa Centre. They have a huge re-done area for Lego, similar to Myer, but really well visually merchandised and stock, and also have a life size model of Darth Vader too. :classic:

Edited by ChrisW

I wonder if we will ever get our own Lego Store in Aus? it would be so much better, we have a couple of the Lego Education centres in Melbourne but I think they are owned outside Lego but pay a licencing fee.

I wonder if we will ever get our own Lego Store in Aus?

When I was working at a Toyworld store a couple of years ago, I heard a rumor from the Lego rep there was the possibility of a proper Lego Store opening in Sydney. So far nothing, except for a small pop up store with all the standard stuff at the Aquarium for a while.

I've been to the Lego store in Frankfurt and it is indeed a magical place - all the exclusives in one location and a ton of models fully built and on display. We arrived a bit before opening time and my son left drool on the front window while we waited! It's one of the few things I enjoy about visiting my in-laws - In fact, my sister-in-law was so impressed she even started collecting Lego after we visited.

I wonder if we will ever get our own Lego Store in Aus? it would be so much better, we have a couple of the Lego Education centres in Melbourne but I think they are owned outside Lego but pay a licencing fee.

I hit up LEGO on twitter a few weeks ago with this question, they said nothing planned for the near future but you never know what may come. A nice vague non committal response

Anyone have any recommendations on Lego stuff to see in Melbourne, or Lego stores to visit? Do the Lego educational centres sell Lego or is it only on their website? Thanks in advance.

Email from Myer tonight with a coupon for $20 off when you spend $75 on toys. Present the coupon with your Myer one card between Wed 20 and Sunday 24th. Multi use as well.

Whether its Silver Myer One members or not, but I got a similar one that was $30 off $100 spend. Pretty similar regardless.

I'm not a Silver Myer One member so pretty sure it's for all Myer One holders.

Well, I'm a Myer One card holder......I should go and ask. :wink:

Besides that Kmart will have selected creator, city and Ninjago sets on sale.....including the great vehicles at 23 bucks each.

Anyone have any recommendations on Lego stuff to see in Melbourne, or Lego stores to visit? Do the Lego educational centres sell Lego or is it only on their website? Thanks in advance.

I can't help you directly on the Melbourne options, but there is a Moore Lego educational centre in South Brisbane. Their prices weren't good for the regular sets. However, they do have the educational range and will order from the educational catalogue if they don't have it in stock.

Lego Education Centre at Docklands, has sets and Keyrings although they don't do it any cheaper than RRP, you can get other things there that you don't get in some retail stores.

Has anyone heard any rumors about whether the Haunted House and Arkham sets are coming to oz and if they are, who will get the exclusive?

I know that the Horizon Express is reported to be a MYER exclusive and the Palace Cinema is likely going to follow the other modulars to DJs but I haven't heard a thing about the Haunted House or Arkham.

Has anyone heard any rumors about whether the Haunted House and Arkham sets are coming to oz and if they are, who will get the exclusive?

I know that the Horizon Express is reported to be a MYER exclusive and the Palace Cinema is likely going to follow the other modulars to DJs but I haven't heard a thing about the Haunted House or Arkham.

No, strange I wasn't told weeks ago when I spoke to my contact.....my guess mid-year toy sale exclusive ? :look:

Thanks

there's a seller on gumtree that has great lego sets/prices... only the big sets. he only does local pickup in the northern suburbs. his prices look to be competitive.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-seller-other-ads.html?userId=1000236274

there's a seller on gumtree that has great lego sets/prices... only the big sets. he only does local pickup in the northern suburbs. his prices look to be competitive.

http://www.gumtree.c...erId=1000236274

I've used this guy before, prices are good and he is fast to get back to you with info, I used him off ebay with buy it now prices.

http://www.gumtree.c...erId=1000236274

I've bought from him too, decent prices and pick up available from his place in killara so no postage cost too!

With the frequency that Target seems to be having sales these days you would almost be stupid to pay full price for LEGO at Target.