Sign in to follow this  
0815Tanaka

[MOC] LEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ

Hello.

This is my first post, so let me tell you about my story.

When I was elementary school, fascinated 12v trains by watching nickname2002's #7740 speed build video.

However, as you know they're not sold in Asia (including Japan where I live), so it was very difficult to get them.

I've been wanted them over 10 years, so last year finally started collecting parts from BrickLink and eBay to copying sets and making MOCs.

52435115588_0afd45d37e_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

52434086587_6d81c86fdb_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

This LEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ is the latest MOC.

Original locomotive used from 1987 to 2002 at LEGO GmbH in Hohenwestedt, Germany.

This is the first 8 studs wide train I made.

52434082467_b77074fec9_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

This is an updated build of the rendering image I entered in Brick Train Awards 2022.

52435114538_10ee2da396_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

I watched a video of the 12v Crocodile MOC by @HoMa and impressed with it running with 70's pickups and technic motors.

I inspired by it, wanted build a locomotive using same motor.

This is what it turned out to be, and lucky it was cheaper than normal pack motor.

When I making a 12v train MOC, my concept is to incorporate the latest parts and expand the range of expression while creating a style that is appropriate for the “gray era”.

So I use parts from wide range of eras, from 70's printed bricks to modern brackets.

This shows the high compatibility of LEGO bricks.

The wheels are also appear from the 2006 “RC era” with technic axle hole, but the steps and cab are very low, so they works well without spoiling the visual.

But it has 2 drawbacks.

First, due to low power of the motor, it's the limit to pull 2 wagons. (couldn't down gear for lack of space!)

Second, there is no place for minifigure in the cab due to the wiring from pickups. (so I put only torso and head in the cab)

52435114533_263fdfce59_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

Lastly, I built 2 #7823 container wagon copies and LEGO containers.

I don't think I've actually pulled these wagons, but they looks great and I love them.

52435114288_5c209ce5b3_z.jpgLEGO Group's Köf Ⅱ by Kento Tanaka, on Flickr

The container probably holds a full load of LEGO sets…:sceptic:

Thank you for reading to the end.

bricklink アイコン.jpeg

Edited by 0815Tanaka

Nice :)

Maybe the train was too loaded and it went so slow that the thieves could jump aboard? And this is the end result?

Welcome to Eurobrick 0815Tanaka. Brilliant recreation of the iconic Köf II. Quite the first post. Your use of the printed bricks adds to the build. Having a minifig head only in the cab isn't new either. Many of us have had to sacrifice due to space. As for the Wolfpack raiding the train, wonderful.

welcome here. nicely designed, captures the essence of 12v and the köf very well. space is always at a premium when building models. some sacrifices have to be made.

Great, another Köf II ! You're in good company - I've added you to my gallery of Lego Köfs on Flickr.

One small thing: the top/ middle light at the back must be white. Trains (in Germany anyway) have an 'A' front but only 2 tail lights.

On 10/18/2022 at 2:28 AM, Shiva said:

Nice :)

Maybe the train was too loaded and it went so slow that the thieves could jump aboard? And this is the end result?

@Shiva That's right. Employee overloaded the sets:iamded_lol:

On 10/18/2022 at 9:14 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Welcome to Eurobrick 0815Tanaka. Brilliant recreation of the iconic Köf II. Quite the first post. Your use of the printed bricks adds to the build. Having a minifig head only in the cab isn't new either. Many of us have had to sacrifice due to space. As for the Wolfpack raiding the train, wonderful.

@Feuer Zug Thanks for the comment! The Wolfpack fits the story perfectly.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:46 PM, Selander said:

Indeed a very nice build 👌🙌👋🏻

@Selander Thank you!

On 10/20/2022 at 5:57 AM, XG BC said:

welcome here. nicely designed, captures the essence of 12v and the köf very well. space is always at a premium when building models. some sacrifices have to be made.

@XG BC I'm glad you said so!

Yes, building MOC is always a fight against space.

Edited by 0815Tanaka

On 10/20/2022 at 6:52 AM, Duq said:

Great, another Köf II ! You're in good company - I've added you to my gallery of Lego Köfs on Flickr.

One small thing: the top/ middle light at the back must be white. Trains (in Germany anyway) have an 'A' front but only 2 tail lights.

@Duq It was fun to see other works! Great gallery. Oh, I didn't know about that. I will replace immediately.

Edited by 0815Tanaka

On 10/22/2022 at 2:54 AM, zephyr1934 said:

Nice work and I love all the 70's era printed bricks

@zephyr1934 Thank you! They are old parts, so it was difficult to find individuals with less damage. I have a lot of scratched spares in my house :grin:

Edited by 0815Tanaka