woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Their broken parts replacement policy is for parts from new sets only though, isn't it? If you break a part, I don't think they have a policy that they will guarantee to replace it. They often do it as a gesture of goodwill but it will of course depend on how many parts you break and ask for replacements of.

It's only my reddish brown bricks that are breaking on me. All of my other bricks hold up just fine. (Okay, when I was young I had very few unbroken saddle clips)

But the reddish brown bricks breaking are due to a manufactures defect, so I don't lose any sleep over asking them to replace a few broken elements here and there.

In 2018 they said:
"If you, at any time, have a LEGO element which doesn’t live up to the standard you’d expect from us – then please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Service and we will send you replacement parts."

https://brickshow.com/2018/12/problem-brittle-lego-reddish-brown-bricks-solved

castle lion torso's, not the queens, and axe shields are in stock in Europe.

Edited by unclejeffie

49 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

They had them all (Lion Knight torso and legs, Queen torso and legs) up this morning at around 9:00 with a max of 35 for each individual part. 

I used it to replace pieces that broke with normal use (brittle brown and dark red primarily), or cracked with age (despite not being terribly old). I checked with them first, and they said it was absolutely OK.

7 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

They had them all (Lion Knight torso and legs, Queen torso and legs) up this morning at around 9:00 with a max of 35 for each individual part. 

The legs are sold out unfortunantly

1 hour ago, unclejeffie said:

Been waiting for those axe shields. Essential purchase of 15 of those made, the rest of the torsos can wait, I don’t actually need anymore Lion Knights…

I have everything I wanted ordered except for steel helmets, and naturally those are one of the few things that are still sold out, guess I'll keep waiting.

Got my helmets, they were in stock tonight.

Edited by Sir Dano

I'm still fairly new to the PAB game unfortunately but I was wondering, have lego castle fans ever been eating this well lol? obviously, we don't have a full-fledged theme but it's so easy to army build

13 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Not since the fantasy era, no.

Very excited about the upcoming years thanks to the BDP, potential village, biking village etc. Going to be exciting!!! (On a side note does anyone know how I could follow specific threads so that they can pop up on my home page? It isn't easy trying to find all the different threads I try to read, I'm quite new to EB, thanks!)

Why are the green hunter's hats always out of stock?! I think it's called 6395137.

I've been trying to get them for months! Who's buying them all? Or does Lego have a problem producing them? It wasn't difficult to get blue hats though.

2 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Why are the green hunter's hats always out of stock?! I think it's called 6395137.

I've been trying to get them for months! Who's buying them all? Or does Lego have a problem producing them? It wasn't difficult to get blue hats though.

You can buy them on bricklink for 50p-70p ish.

I think people are just building Forestmen armies to keep the sneaky Wolfpack at bay.

Just an update on shipping times for North America (Canada). Standard PAB order placed on March 12th has been marked as shipped this morning, which is basically the same turnaround as the order I placed on March 8th also (that one shipped last week). So looks like Standard orders are being picked right around that one month mark.

20 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

You can buy them on bricklink for 50p-70p ish.

I think people are just building Forestmen armies to keep the sneaky Wolfpack at bay.

Wtf! The Green Hunters Hat isn't even in the store today. You could still see them out of stock yesterday. It sickens me!

NA PaB still has it on there, but it's showing up as the newest piece added now:

7KuEEWw.png

7 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Wtf! The Green Hunters Hat isn't even in the store today. You could still see them out of stock yesterday. It sickens me!

The retired the old mold. The new one has a different element ID.

@Sir Dano thank you!

It's interesting because the green Hunter's Hat in 10305: Lion Knights' Castle is called 6395137 on Brickset whereas the green Hunter's Hat that is included in that China-shit-set from 2023 is called 6414961. There's also a green Hunter's Hat called 4569118 that's included in the 10309 Succulents set.

To summarise:
6395137, 4569118 and 6414961 are all green Hunter's Hats included in recent sets according to Brickset.

Earlier this week I could find the green Hunter's Hat on Pick a Brick by searching for 6395137.

Edited by Captain_SoyBeard

6 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

... the green Hunter's Hat that is included in that China-shit-set from 2023 is called 6414961.

I thought the Chinese New Year set was a pretty decent set.

Is it just me or are they increasing the prices slightly each time?

I swear the Black Falcon torsos and legs were cheaper, and so were some swords.

Also I really don't like how they shift some items to bestseller at seemingly random.  It really messes with my order planning.

31 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Is it just me or are they increasing the prices slightly each time?

I swear the Black Falcon torsos and legs were cheaper, and so were some swords.

Found an invoice from 2021:

pvWHZtO.png

Torsos are 2 cents more, legs are 4 cents cheaper.

QovOJeX.png

Shields are 1 cent more

Edited by Sir Dano

10 hours ago, unclejeffie said:

Bardings are up

They have been available in Europe for some time now (at least two months). That is why there are many sellers with large quantities available on bricklink.

Edited by MAB

I live in Aus, and have noticed that Lego are finally giving the people what they want, by moving a lot of the popular and in-demand castle figs and accessories to "bestseller". 

I view this as a commitment by Lego to provide these elements with greater availability, and in a more timely manner (there "standard" parts can easily take 1.5 - 2 months to arrive).

Some of the new bestsellers for my region include:

- LK barding

- LK legs and torsos

- Forestmen legs and torsos

- All printed shields from 10305

- Gold and silver visors

- The various knight's helmets featured in 10305

A good time to be a Castle fan indeed!