MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

OT Fans: I miss the desert. I miss the sea. And I miss waking up every morning, wondering what wonderful OT battle pack the new day will bring to us.

LEGO: Have some more clones

PT Fans: I hate sand

Didn't we get one literally last year?

33 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

OT Fans: I miss the desert. I miss the sea. And I miss waking up every morning, wondering what wonderful OT battle pack the new day will bring to us.

Meanwhile, ST Fans were locked in a burning room to die via a trick wall.

19 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Mace had his own legion in Clone Wars season 7 that would’ve made more sense to include. Lego just makes baffling decisions sometimes. Plus like others have said, the 327th aren’t that much more obscure than the 41st. 

TBF The 327th legion isn't his and nor is the one from season 7. Mace doesn't work with just one legion but rather moves between them when needed. I think the Lego team just aren't the biggest fans of SW (which is ok they're all pretty old) so they don't really see the nuance of releasing the 327th legion but not a 41st legion or Nova or whatever else you and I might want. 

18 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

What baffles me most is how Captain Rex still hasn’t been remade? I know fans tend to have their own favourite prominent clones, but Rex is one of those major characters that Lego still hasn’t gotten around to - and his prominence is surely objective rather than subjective.

I really thought the January battle pack and helmet set were surefire indicators that he’d finally be revisited this year, even if it was in a small set, but nope. It’s weird feeling this level of disappointment over yet another clone character given how well Lego has been covering them recently, but his omission just feels glaring.

Again this goes back to Lego SW designers not being huge fans like us. I used to think it was a bias against prequels and clones but then I realized there's no bias they just don't care as much as we do so unless instructed by Disney (say for the release of a movie or show) we are not always gonna get the popular thing currently desired by the community. 

12 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

In more on topic question, thinking about the maybe the 4th promo, if it is the same style as last year, what is a little scene they could do that would make sense with the X-wing and include one exclusive minifigure? ( Though only one of Beru's prints was new and exclusive iirc)

Would love an ANH scene with a Mon Mothma figure. The Home One with Ackar could be good too. If it didn't have to be connected in any way I'd love a Dexter Jester in his diner in a similar scale to Aunt Beru and Lars Homestead, however, we're probably never getting that since Dexter doesn't get the love any more. 

11 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I nominate Prune Face!

I second this.

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Would also give us a Tarkin figure. 

Which we somehow haven't had in 7 years, I think you're on to something.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

LEGO: Have some more clones

PT Fans: I hate sand

OT Fans: Why have 5 of the past 7 army-builders been clone troopers?

PT Fans: Why have ONLY 5 of the past 7 army-builders been clone troopers? For that matter, where's our UCS Boss Nass Bust? Lego hates us personally!

Rebels fans: (constantly hitting refresh on #legoleaks waiting for the ahsoka set to potentially include a couple figures who also appear in rebels)

ST Fan: (weeps softly in the corner)

Thank you for slowly bringing this thread back on track.

I'll add one comment since I think it's relevant considering all the hypothesizing that's happened over the last 6 pages. Whether you like it or not, we live in a meme culture. I think an "I hate sand" set would totally sell. You are all welcome to your own opinion. I disagree that Lego would never make it and I too am entitled to that opinion :wink:. With all the talk (appropriately so) about how beautiful the Rivendell set is I could see Lego making a stunning Naboo scene for the architecture fans with a "I hate sand" quote tile for the meme fans. But, we have no proof Lego is making anything of that kind this year so please keep speculations like that to a minimum in this thread.

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Again this goes back to Lego SW designers not being huge fans like us  not always being fans of all the same things as us. I used to think it was a bias against prequels and clones but then I realized there's no bias they just don't care as much as we do so unless instructed by Disney (say for the release of a movie or show) we are not always gonna get the popular thing currently desired by the community. 

It isn't that LEGO Star Wars designers aren't fans. The love and care that they put into so many sets, as well as going the extra mile and putting non-canon clones into sets, etc. says something. I don't think we can say that the LSW design team aren't huge fans of the IP. That being said, certain designers/teams may like one trilogy more than another, etc.

However, we have to recognize that LEGO is trying to make what is popular anymore. They're balancing new shows and content with having lots more PT and TCW sets than we had between 2014 and 2020. Additionally, they're keeping up with a lot of OT stuff for fans of that trilogy as well (and prioritizing those few topics over ST sets because they aren't popular (sorry for those of y'all who love them)). Just because they haven't really quickly whipped up a Captain Rex doesn't mean that they don't care about fans of the character. Development time is a thing. From initial rumors saying it was an anniversary set to its release, LEGO completely changed the direction of the AT-TE to include a Cody. We can't say they aren't listening. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

PT Fans: Why have ONLY 5 of the past 7 army-builders been clone troopers? For that matter, where's our UCS Boss Nass Bust? Lego hates us personally!

Rebels fans: (constantly hitting refresh on #legoleaks waiting for the ahsoka set to potentially include a couple figures who also appear in rebels)

As an OT fan... This hurts because it is true...

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I love how there's just one singular ST fan :rofl:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I’m all four of these. (Except I’m definitely not clamouring for more clone sets, just anything else from the prequels please. But obviously the sequels and Rebels and Book of Boba Fett are higher on the wishlist.)

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

I love how there's just one singular ST fan :rofl:

It's @QuiggoldsPegLeg.

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

As an OT fan... This hurts because it is true...

Gets overlooked because we do get a lot of OT sets, but the army-builders have almost exclusively been clone ones. Not a huge deal, but I feel like one clone battle pack type set a year is enough.

6 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I’m all four of these. (Except I’m definitely not clamouring for more clone sets, just anything else from the prequels please. But obviously the sequels and Rebels and Book of Boba Fett are higher on the wishlist.)

Lol. And I mean, I'm not saying lego's choices are all illogical. We get so many clone packs because they sell. We don't get rebels sets, because they probably wouldn't sell well. Doesn't mean I don't wish we got em.

Count me in as well, I‘m a fan of all the movies and all of the shows (except for one) :laugh: We need at least one more ST set, namely the Duel on Exegol. Other than that, we pretty much got everything from the ST!

We don't get rebels sets, because they probably wouldn't sell well.

I think they would. Rebels is now a lot more popular than it was back when the sets were around :classic: Luckily, the Ahsoka sets should scratch that itch

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Count me in as well, I‘m a fan of all the movies and all of the shows (except for one)

Ditto that. I'm assuming you're referring to Resistance?

29 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Ditto that. I'm assuming you're referring to Resistance?

Uh oh, hot take incoming :laugh_hard: I know I‘m in the minority here, but I didn‘t enjoy Andor all that much. Too gritty and joyless for my liking. To me, SW is all about fun and adventures and all the pulpiness that entails. The story of an unlikable murderous d-bag developping into a slightly less unlikable murderous d-bag just didn‘t do it for me.

There are elements I enjoyed (mainly Luthen‘s escape and monologue scenes, all the scenes with Saw, Nemik, and Kino Loy), but Captain Crunch’s henpecking misadventures and Mon Mothma‘s neverending financial woes were definitely not among them.

And sorry to say, I disliked how the action was staged. For example, you have a guy wielding hammers every scene he‘s in and when he’s confronted by a Stormie, he kicks him? Come on, ever heard of Chekhov‘s gun? :tongue:

As far as sets go, I would like to see a set based on the Fondor, but apart from that, I‘m good.

15 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

While the meme is popular, they aren't going to make a $70 diorama for a quote like that (since that is the price-range they've chose for these).

I can see that of course, but again, don't underestimate the power of memes. When the balcony is nice and the scenery is home-y it'd even be very easy to get the missus on board. It might be helpful if it weren't as expensive as other dioramas of course. Oh well, I'll develop this and other ideas further and put them in the wishlist thread.

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Uh oh, hot take incoming :laugh_hard: I know I‘m in the minority here, but I didn‘t enjoy Andor all that much.

Well, you could at least revise your original message to say "(except for two)", unless, of course, you liked Resistance?

Just now, AD_Bricks said:

Well, you could at least revise your original message to say "(except for two)", unless, of course, you liked Resistance?

Good point. Resistance was so bland, I completely forgot it even existed :laugh_hard: It wasn‘t awful or anything (and neither is Andor, of course), but too low-stakes for me. Right when it started to get a bit more interesting, it was already over.

No way we‘re ever getting more sets based on that show, but I REALLY would‘ve liked to see Kragan‘s pirate ship. Alas…

8 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

You say that like resistance is clearly the worst on screen star wars content. It isn't ( that's tRoS for me I'm afraid). Whilst I don't want resistance sets and would really love rebels sets, there are alot of things the show did better than Rebels ( and I say this with Rebels as my favourite star wars show, with a Rebels character as my Avatar and name here).

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's @QuiggoldsPegLeg

Gets overlooked because we do get a lot of OT sets, but the army-builders have almost exclusively been clone ones. Not a huge deal, but I feel like one clone battle pack type set a year is enough.

Maybe from a certain point of view but technically no. In terms of actual factual battle packs from the last 5 years (2023,2022,2021,2020,2019) we've had one clone pack, 3 imperial packs, 1 Mando pack, 1 first order pack and one final order pack. 

If we include the accessory packs then there's one rebel one and one clone one.

Then if want too include bigger sets then we have the Trexler for the empire the hover tank and the 501st troopers set for the clones.

4 clones, 4 empire, 1 rebelion, 1 Mandos, 2 first/final orders.

Or 4 PT era (PT + TCW), 6 OT era ( OT + Mando + Battlefront), 2 ST era.

And don't you dare try and call the AT-TE a battlepack. It's over a hundred pounds for 4 troopers ( Cody is a named character so I'm not counting him as massable clone trooper)

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

but Captain Crunch’s henpecking misadventures and Mon Mothma‘s neverending financial woes

Wow. Just... wow.

Lemme guess, you were the sort to drop the term "Mary Sue" between every other breath, roundabouts 2016? 

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Wow. Just... wow.

Lemme guess, you were the sort to drop the term "Mary Sue" between every other breath, roundabouts 2016? 

Not to veer off-topic as we’ve already been warned by @MKJoshA, but I’ve never used that term in my life. Rey is a good character, not sure what you’re getting at :tongue: 

I mean, isn’t it true that at least 60-70% of Syril’s scenes are just him getting berated by his mother over and over (I swear, if I have to hear about his stupid uncle one more time!) and that Mon Mothma’s scenes were just about hiding her transactions? :laugh: Those two just kept repeating themselves

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not to veer off-topic as we’ve already been warned by @MKJoshA, but I’ve never used that term in my life. Rey is a good character, not sure what you’re getting at :tongue: 

I mean, isn’t it true that at least 60-70% of Syril’s scenes are just him getting berated by his mother over and over (I swear, if I have to hear about his stupid uncle one more time!) and that Mon Mothma’s scenes were just about hiding her transactions? :laugh: Those two just kept repeating themselves

What I’m getting at is that your initial comments can be interpreted as rather sexist. If that wasn’t your intent, great!

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

What I’m getting at is that your initial comments can be interpreted as rather sexist. If that wasn’t your intent, great!

No no, it wasn’t! Sorry if it came across like that :laugh: I was talking him constantly being belittled by his mum when one scene would’ve sufficed to get the point across :tongue:

Back to topic though!

Since Mando S3 starts tomorrow, I hope they’ll reveal one of the sets! Depends on whether the Nevarro stuff will happen in the first episode(s). If so, that would bode well for the small set to be unveiled :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since Mando S3 starts tomorrow, I hope they’ll reveal one of the sets! Depends on whether the Nevarro stuff will happen in the first episode(s). If so, that would bode well for the small set to be unveiled :thumbup:

Will Star Wars be doing those weekly product reveals like Mando Mondays or whatever again? 

I have been thinking that there may be some logic about why were are getting more clone battle packs than other amassable groups.  I think it has to do with the actual media from which they were generated.  For the PT and TCW there are so many scenes where there are large scale battles that involve large numbers of clones and battle droids. Thus to recreate the large scenes or even act them out a BP makes sense.   In contrast in the OT there are very few scenes that involve large numbers of stormtroopers. (Hoth and the arrival scenes on the Death Star II, are the only two that come to mind).  Rebels does have a lot more scenes with large numbers of stormtroopers.  The ST well, we will just leave it there.  

So with that in mind it seems to me that focusing BP's on the PT timeline makes more sense than the other timelines simply because that was the time of an actual war and less of an uprising.  Just my 2 cents

Just now, MSY-MSP said:

I have been thinking that there may be some logic about why were are getting more clone battle packs than other amassable groups.  I think it has to do with the actual media from which they were generated.  For the PT and TCW there are so many scenes where there are large scale battles that involve large numbers of clones and battle droids. Thus to recreate the large scenes or even act them out a BP makes sense.   In contrast in the OT there are very few scenes that involve large numbers of stormtroopers. (Hoth and the arrival scenes on the Death Star II, are the only two that come to mind).  Rebels does have a lot more scenes with large numbers of stormtroopers.  The ST well, we will just leave it there.  

So with that in mind it seems to me that focusing BP's on the PT timeline makes more sense than the other timelines simply because that was the time of an actual war and less of an uprising.  Just my 2 cents

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but I also think that a big part of it is Clones probably work best, just as a toy. Like there are so many different variants making them collectable, the new pack having the various accessories to customise troopers and all the recent crop of them have been in bright, eye-catching colours. If I were a kid just looking for a toy with no era preference I'd gravitate towards the clones, especially as they work as both good guys and bad guys making them more versatile for play.