MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Eh, grey triangle spaceship how many times?

Yeah, and to be honest, I'd prefer that they do a Jedi Temple in bley than tan, and I can see Yavin being mostly dark tan anyway.

Honestly I'm excited for the UCS X wing, its one of, if not the most iconic spaceship in all of science fiction, of course it deserves a UCS slot. The Luke minifig looks perfect, and if they do include an R2, it will almost definitely have back printing. I believe this will be the first (of many) Star Wars UCS to include a printed nameplate, and while I'm ok with stickers for some of the panel detailing, that windshield was awful on the last one. I'm happy to see a good UCS under $400, this is getting ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

A Lego Evaan Verlaine would be amazing, although I’m not holding my breath. It’ll probably just be 2 generic pilots. 

There literally aren't "generic pilots", every pilot from the Battle of Yavin is a named character with a unique helmet lol

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Eh, grey triangle spaceship how many times?

2002, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017, 2019. Always waiting until after the previous one retired.

51 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

2002, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2017, 2019. Always waiting until after the previous one retired.

Not what I meant. You've only considering star destroyers aren't you, but you were vague with tan pyramid so I'll be vague with grey triangle.

So Arquitens and justifier should be included and they were years right next to each other.

24 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not what I meant. You've only considering star destroyers aren't you, but you were vague with tan pyramid so I'll be vague with grey triangle.

So Arquitens and justifier should be included and they were years right next to each other.

The Light Cruiser is fair (I just forgot it because it's the worst LSW set ever made lol), but the Justifier is a different color and shape. And in any case, I think you're missing the point, perhaps intentionally.

I'm not saying that I think the Yavin IV Base and the Jedi Temple are the same set, any more than I think the ISD and the Venator are the same set. I'm saying that the amount of Star Wars playsets between $100 and $200 is a number I can count on one hand. It's rare to get two LSW big playsets on shelves at the same time regardless of what they are, so the odds of getting two that are even vaguely similar to the uninitiated is an unlikely subset of an unlikely probability.

Not saying it 100% won't happen - now that we're getting Yavin, my new #1 most wanted LSW set is "literally any major location from the prequels" - but I wouldn't expect it.

10 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Was there another Jedi on Felucia? I feel like yes but I don't remember who. Id be down for a new Jedi, I just feel like Aayla is the most logical choice

Logical yes, but since around 5 % of the time (really shooting from the hip here)  they just throw in some random figure that has little to do with that specifically location or vehicle. But what I recall is often when they make this random choice is that its something positive.

I think clones in swamp speeder are 41st beacuse lego likes them. They can add wookie to swamp speeder. Yoda starfigter would be a good match to 41st swamp speeder.

Edited by omegabadbatch

I get that people can rub each other the wrong way sometimes. That seems to be happening between a couple of you right now. I'll call you out if needed, but for now please take this as a friendly nudge to give each other the benefit of the doubt and know that online communication can be tricky to navigate sometimes.

13 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Rubber duckie clones confirmed????

Also, it would be interesting to see if Yavin IV gets a baseplate (or two, if they want it to fold open). I can't remember the last time one of those was in a SW set.

Lol, this is my 212th post on EB. Just reminded myself of how the AT-TE instruction booklet has 212 pages. That was a nice easter egg.

Nice! By answering on your comment, I made 1000, so I guess thats i becoming a count? 

42 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

I think clones in swamp speeder are 41st beacuse lego likes them. They can add wookie to swamp speeder.

I seriously hope not. Granted, it was 9 years ago, but we already had a 41st BP featuring the exact same vehicle :tongue: The only way this set is not a dud in my eyes is if it’s based on anything other than the 41st

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The Light Cruiser is fair (I just forgot it because it's the worst LSW set ever made lol), but the Justifier is a different color and shape. And in any case, I think you're missing the point, perhaps intentionally.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Perhaps your point was weak. And the justifier is a similar enough shape just backwards... But yeah I do get what you are saying overall.

1 hour ago, omegabadbatch said:

I think clones in swamp speeder are 41st beacuse lego likes them.

With the 'my eyes are up here, no keep going higher' helmets?' Ugh no thank you.

Edited by Agent Kallus

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Simple. Characters from Rogue One :tongue: Or even better, just another set altogether

Not getting away with it that easily.

15 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Then I will still always hope its an Geonosian Arena! 

Wish granted. $650 geonosis arena which has no minifigs, but 25 of the rubber duck mold.

16 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Mandalorianknight The ‘Skywalker Strikes’ comic run was so much fun, I totally agree that it cemented Luke’s celebration outfit as one of the best looking. Glad to hear it’s coming back in this set! Looking forward to seeing it.

As for the unknown September set with the ~1000 piece count…just throwing it out there but does the fact that it’s unknown necessarily have to mean it’s from an upcoming show? Or could it be from anything?

Doesn’t make sense that two sets from September are confirmed to be based on Ahsoka but this third set is still a question mark. I was thinking it’s from Skeleton Crew perhaps, but hope it’s something like the Stinger Mantis.

Same. My interest in the star wars comics has petered out over time, but the early stuff was excellent. 

No, it could be from anything. I think some guys are still holding out for a gunship with P2 rex, but I'm not keeping any hopes. (Yes I am. Home one, home one, home one, home one!)

15 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

I’ve wanted yavin since 2009 so I’ll certainly be getting it, having 12-15 figs helps but I’ve already got more than enough rebels to fill it on my own. Also I’m an absolute sucker for play sets.

TWELVE TO FIFTEEN WHAT IN THE FORCE

I'm also very excited, have been wanting one since the prototype was shown in that visual dictionary.

15 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

I’ve wanted yavin since 2009 so I’ll certainly be getting it, having 12-15 figs helps but I’ve already got more than enough rebels to fill it on my own. Also I’m an absolute sucker for play sets.

Wait... 12-15? As in there could be FIFTEEN minifigures in Yavin IV?

(Rebel Mechanic, my beloved, here we come)

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Prayer circle for Rebel Friend

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Prayer circle for Rebel Friend

Rogue One minifigs are too much to ask for, but a non-canon meme character from a 17-year old game isn’t? :laugh_hard:

Well, at least it would be kinda new. Sorta. 

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rogue One minifigs are too much to ask for, but a non-canon meme character from a 17-year old game isn’t? :laugh_hard:

Well, at least it would be kinda new. Sorta. 

I mean, if there are 15 minifgures and only 11 of them are currently accounted for, there's no telling what they could be. Unless leakers have other reason for believing the remaining figures are 100% ANH-based, more ANH background characters are just as likely as Rogue One characters are just as likely as our Lord and Savior Rebel Friend.

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Don’t get your hopes up for anything more than extra pilots and fleet troopers.

Just now, FoggyFate said:

Don’t get your hopes up for anything more than extra pilots and fleet troopers.

I will take as many extra pilots as you are willing to give me, the more there are the more likely we are to get new helmets and specific face prints.

(Also, Rebel Friend is a Fleet Trooper. Just saying.)

Here’s my prediction for each set: 

republic swamp speeder: 5 minifigs: Aylaa Secura, Commander Bly and 3 327th star corps troopers each with a brand new rubber pauldron piece and printed kammas (my reasoning for 5 figures is for a way for LEGO to make the set more expensive). Swamp speeder is basically the same one we got on 2014 (only Bly would have helmet holes)

yoda’s Star fighter: 3 minifigs: Yoda R2-D2 and a revenge of the sith 41st elite corps trooper finally giving us the regular phase 2 helmet

mandalorian set: I have no idea what it could be but I’m sure it will have griff carga mando grogu and 2 stormtroopers (new design from the 18 trash compactor) 

mechs: I think they will be all OT based so it’s an OT Boba and Vader without arm prints.

Yavin 4: the figures will be Luke and Han in their celebration outfits with medals as accessories, celebration Leía, chewie, Jan Dodona (fun fact: Dodona was a brilliant republic commander during the Clone Wars) 2rebel fleet troopers, 2 rebel guards, a y wing pilot and an astromech, and my boio Rebel Friend (im just getting my hopes up to much) the Y wing will not be a Microfighter but a really small fully enclosed y wing. 

1083 pieces: Republic gunship with 12 minifigs: Anakin Skywalker, Captain Rex, Arc Trooper Fives (both with the new pauldron piece we all know LEGO would reuse an innacurate piece to save money on fives) both of them with printed kammas and the new helmet, Jesse using old helmet, Kix using old helmet Dogma using old helmet, 5 501st regular troopers, and a p1.5 pilot the gunship would be a bit smaller but more detailed than the previous ones despite the figures the gunship would be movie accurate with opened doors side turrets done similarly to the Ucs gunship and basically a Ucs gunship scaled down, it can hold a total of 20 troopers in both troop bays by studded tiles the back turret would have a stud shooter. (I know 12 figures is asking to much but dreaming is free amaright?) 

t6 shuttle: includes 4 figures Ahsoka, Sabine wren old man Rex and a stormtrooper, the shuttle would have space to fit 3 figures on the cockpit and small interior space and a wing rotating feature.

battle on the unknown regions: 7 minifigs: Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn, Hera, chopper, 2 stormtroopers the builds would be a miniature ghost with a little bit of interior space and a cockpit plus two turret seats, a small imperial base with speeders.

Edited by Matichado

4 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Here’s my prediction for each set: 

republic swamp speeder: 5 minifigs: Aylaa Secura, Commander Bly and 3 327th  each with a brand new rubber pauldron piece Star corps troopers (my reasoning for 5 figures is for a way for LEGO to make the set more expensive). Swamp speeder is basically the same one we got on 2014

yoda’s Star fighter: 3 minifigs: Yoda R2-D2 and a revenge of the sith 41st elite corps trooper finally giving us the regular phase 2 helmet

mandalorian set: I have no idea what it could be but I’m sure it will have griff carga mando grogu and 2 stormtroopers (new design from the 18 trash compactor) 

mechs: I think they will be all OT based so it’s an OT Boba and Vader without arm prints.

Yavin 4: the figures will be Luke and Han in their celebration outfits with medals as accessories, celebration Leía, chewie, Jan Dodona (fun fact: Dodona was a brilliant republic commander during the Clone Wars) 2rebel fleet troopers, 2 rebel guards, a y wing pilot and an astromech, and my boio Rebel Friend (im just getting my hopes up to much) the Y wing will not be a Microfighter but a really small fully enclosed y wing. 

1083 pieces: Republic gunship with 12 minifigs: Anakin Skywalker, Captain Rex, Arc Trooper Fives (both with the new pauldron piece we all know LEGO would reuse an innacurate piece to save money on fives) both of them with printed cannas and the new helmet, Jesse using old helmet, Kix using old helmet Dogma using old helmet, 5 501st regular troopers, and a p1.5 pilot the gunship would be a bit smaller but more detailed than the previous ones despite the figures the gunship would be movie accurate with opened doors side turrets done similarly to the Ucs gunship and basically a Ucs gunship scaled down, it can hold a total of 20 troopers in both troop bays by studded tiles the back turret would have a stud shooter. (I know 12 figures is asking to much but dreaming is free amaright?) 

t6 shuttle: includes 4 figures Ahsoka, Sabine wren old man Rex and a stormtrooper, the shuttle would have space to fit 3 figures on the cockpit and small interior space and a wing rotating feature.

battle on the unknown regions: 7 minifigs: Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn, Hera, chopper, 2 stormtroopers the builds would be a miniature cost with a little bit of interior space and a cockpit plus two turret seats, a small imperial base with speeders.

Even ignoring that we already have a set list for Yavin and that ain't it, this just seems way too wishlisty. No way in heck are they including FIVE 501st troopers in any set.

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Even ignoring that we already have a set list for Yavin and that ain't it, this just seems way too wishlisty. No way in heck are they including FIVE 501st troopers in any set.

We do have a figure list for Yavin? I just read up there that there are 15 figures I guess I’m outdated on that thing so sorry, regarding the 5 501st troopers, if they are including 15 FIGURES in a Yavin 4 set which fair enough I expect a lot of troopers on a potential gunship

edit: I know it’s to wishlisty I even stated so but one is free to dream amiright?

Edited by Matichado

9 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Captain Rex, Arc Trooper Fives (both with the new pauldron piece we all know LEGO would reuse an innacurate piece to save money on fives) both of them with printed cannas and the new helmet, Jesse using old helmet, Kix using old helmet Dogma using old helmet,

The old helmet is dead. Let it go.