MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Don't get me wrong, I do too. Yup. It's Supposedly it's due to issues with transparent ABS plastic's ultimate tensile strength. If it reaches a point of fracture anywhere close to how easily 2007 lime bionicle joints did, I'm glad we haven't had any yet.

Do they really need to be transparent though? Just make them blue? Opalescent would be best but I understand that probably counts as a type of transculent in terms of what plastic they'd use.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

It was barely larger than the 2013 set, and the only exterior details were a bunch of brown NEXO-shields. It legitimately looked like something an intern whipped up in an hour just so they'd have some image to put on the survey.

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it then. I l like star wars ( that's why I'm here) but it was by far one of the least interesting from that leak batch. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Rebel ship, rebel ship, rebel ship!

They did start making some bricks out of plant oil, I guess they just never specified which "plants". :grin:

Or even just the 327th, which is where I'd put my money. Lets em re-use the macrobinocs mold.

Or Survivor :cry_sad:. I just want a Cal minifig...

It'd be a nice set, but I'd guess lego's afraid of anything big for TBOBF given that 2 people liked the show

*rolls eyes* considering TBoBF had higher viewership numbers than Mando season 2 and selling anything with Boba Fett in it prints money, I don't think they're exactly afraid to produce TBoBF sets... 

47 minutes ago, QuietBricks said:

Ik people prolly gonna flame me for this but no P2 rex??

No, it's loooong overdue and the more things he appears in, the more glaring his omission from sets is. Right now I think our best chance is the possibility he might show up in Ahsoka in flashbacks and/or as old man Rex and maybe he'll be in one of those sets. Either way, I'm so glad I have Phase II Rex from years ago.

30 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Would love to see a Fondor Haulcraft, but that's really the only set I could see them doing from Andor, and that likely wouldn't happen until a season 2. 

I'm excited to see Yavin, but I doubt I'll pick that one up. Too many other good sets this year.

The Fondor is too awesome for LEGO to NOT do eventually. That said, I wouldn't expect it until next year as I doubt it was something LEGO had prior knowledge of.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Supposedly it's due to issues with transparent ABS plastic's ultimate tensile strength. If it reaches a point of fracture anywhere close to how easily 2007 lime bionicle joints did, I'm glad we haven't had any yet.

While that is the official excuse of the LSW designers, I still don't understand why they don't just take a page out of Harry Potter's book and just make them in cool blue tones. It would be more accurate anyway, Old Ben wasn't very translucent.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

...Y'know, while I guess you COULD harass unpaid interns, I think the goal of "more good OT sets" would be far better met by simply filling MandR's larynx with Flex Seal

I don't see why we can't do both. (For legal reasons, this is a joke. I'm already on enough watchlists.)

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Less the helmet holes and more the Macrobinoculars, IMO. There was literally no reason to make the part, unless they plan to make a Bly Minifig. 

My thoughts exactly. When's the last time a battle pack had an exclusive mold, 2012's ARC trooper?

3 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

I still think the Sail Barge is coming this year and that the picture that leaked was just a placeholder. It’s the 40th anniversary of ROTJ and while I wouldn’t be opposed to a new MBS/UCS Endor it’d be weird if both the 30th and 40th anniversaries had Ewok Villages as the anniversary set. 

To be fair, the 40th anniversary of ESB had the classic ESB D2Cs "A-wing" and "Mos Eisley Cantina"

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't see why we can't do both. (For legal reasons, this is a joke. I'm already on enough watchlists.)

My thoughts exactly. When's the last time a battle pack had an exclusive mold, 2012's ARC trooper?

To be fair, the 40th anniversary of ESB had the classic ESB D2Cs "A-wing" and "Mos Eisley Cantina"

True but it feels like lego has gotten better about celebrating anniversaries (all the 18+ sets this year so far are connected to anniversaries) 

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Supposedly it's due to issues with transparent ABS plastic's ultimate tensile strength. If it reaches a point of fracture anywhere close to how easily 2007 lime bionicle joints did, I'm glad we haven't had any yet.

The issue was with the old material for transparent parts, not the new ABS material. We actually have a better chance of getting Force ghosts now than we did a few years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do they really need to be transparent though? Just make them blue? Opalescent would be best but I understand that probably counts as a type of transculent in terms of what plastic they'd use.

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it then. I l like star wars ( that's why I'm here) but it was by far one of the least interesting from that leak batch. 

2 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

While that is the official excuse of the LSW designers, I still don't understand why they don't just take a page out of Harry Potter's book and just make them in cool blue tones. It would be more accurate anyway, Old Ben wasn't very translucent.

I did say suposedly, guys. I'm on board with the aqua colored ghosts.

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

*rolls eyes* considering TBoBF had higher viewership numbers than Mando season 2 and selling anything with Boba Fett in it prints money, I don't think they're exactly afraid to produce TBoBF sets... 

But 2 people liked it. Besides, Boba fett isn't gonna be as big of a draw for a set when two sub $15 sets are already on shelves with him.

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Pretty sure it was the guy with the silly hat from the 2016 First Order Battle Pack.

Love how we all saw the phrase "$200 Buildable Chewbacca" and just decided this was silly hour

55 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I am going to boil you alive

7 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I think the goal of "more good OT sets" would be far better met by simply filling MandR's larynx with Flex Seal

You terrify me. 

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Less the helmet holes and more the Macrobinoculars, IMO. There was literally no reason to make the part, unless they plan to make a Bly Minifig. 

The Tantive IV would make a great diorama set, though that would inevitably be too large to serve as an army-builder. 

Wow. Thanks for ruining Snowtroopers for me! 😬

Felucia is the 327th (Star Corps). 

Didn’t think abt the binoculars. Good point for Bly

7 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do they really need to be transparent though? Just make them blue?

A combination of transparent limbs and solid light blue, torsos, hands, and hair is possible, based on past Minifigs in themes like Ninjago and VIDIYO. 

Thing is the price per piece is REALLY bad for it to be an Endor set IMO. The fact it’s 5,200 pieces for 650 is oof. But for a Sail Barge that price per piece makes a lot more sense (considering it’d come with Jabba,B Crumb,(Likely Slave Leia),Ree Yees,possibly the rest of Rebo’s band. All of those figures would use special molds that are already expensive even if made or just brand new molds all together. While for an Endor literally nothing would use new or expensive molds so I really don’t see where that price of 650 comes from.

1 minute ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Nothing that's happened in this thread has been worth 270 posts in the last twelve hours.

Leakers decided to reveal and drip fed, combine that with excitement and questions, and an absence of mods. All pretty harmless though, and your comment only serves to clutter it. 

4 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Nothing that's happened in this thread has been worth 270 posts in the last twelve hours.

And yet this post of yours is the post of least value, hypocrite. ( Well probably more value than the guy trying to trick us by posting nonsense )

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A combination of transparent limbs and solid light blue, torsos, hands, and hair is possible, based on past Minifigs in themes like Ninjago and VIDIYO. 

I'd prefer just solid colours TBH.

20 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Wow. Thanks for ruining Snowtroopers for me! 😬

Sorry :look:

Edited by Agent Kallus

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

2019’s Praetorian Guard pack had an exclusive helmet, 2018’s Imperial pack had an exclusive Patrol Trooper helmet, 2016’s First Order pack had an exclusive crew cap, and 2013’s TOR pack had an exclusive Republic Trooper helmet. 

Where else can you blow off some steam while chatting about Lego Star Wars if not this thread.

But seriously, just don't go any further off the rails please.

It blows my mind tbh that lego was so stupid on this whole 15 dollar set thing. Like literally on what planet were mechs a better idea than figure packs???????

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

It blows my mind tbh that lego was so stupid on this whole 15 dollar set thing. Like literally on what planet were mechs a better idea than figure packs???????

The "selling Darth Vader mechs to eight-year-olds" planet

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The "selling Darth Vader mechs to eight-year-olds" planet

What 8 year old prefers a made up Vader mech to a figure pack with 3 figures and a build?

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

They cost less to produce (one (sometimes reused) Minifig vs. 3-4 new or partially-reused Minifigs) and have more play-value for children. 😕

3 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

What 8 year old prefers a made up Vader mech to a figure pack with 3 figures and a build?

I work at a summer camp, so I can tell you that quite a few eight-year-olds (and one ride-or-die AFOL) would much rather have a good-sized mech with a main character over an accessory pack with a piddly build and three generic troops.

(To be clear I am not a member of mech gang, but they will undoubtedly sell very well.)

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Mechs and buildable Chewie sound like an early April fools joke. Could be a new OT Boba though, unless they are just using the repainted Disney+ minifig again.

Not sure what to think about the Yavin playset. A Yavin set has been long overdue but it's a bit of a missed opportunity if they only include minifigs from ANH and not Rogue One or Rebels.

Still no info on the May D2C besides the price? It's obviously not buildable Chewie now that we know that's coming later in the year.

38 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Love how we all saw the phrase "$200 Buildable Chewbacca" and just decided this was silly hour

Just following lego's lead.

37 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You terrify me. 

he's the hero eurobricks deserves

35 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I have had a long, strenuous week (I didn't get any cards on Valentine's Day)

cardless gang rise up...

...and harass unpaid lego interns for an OT battle pack on myspace.

EDIT: wait, i did get a card this year. Very convoluted story that involves potentially multiple hitmen/hitwomen and the revival of lego bionicle, though, so we're gonna skip it to avoid going just entirely off topic

24 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

2019’s Praetorian Guard pack had an exclusive helmet, 2018’s Imperial pack had an exclusive Patrol Trooper helmet, 2016’s First Order pack had an exclusive crew cap, and 2013’s TOR pack had an exclusive Republic Trooper helmet. 

Ok, so quite a bit more recently than 2012. Still not all that frequent, though. 

14 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I work at a summer camp, so I can tell you that quite a few eight-year-olds (and one ride-or-die AFOL) would much rather have a good-sized mech with a main character over an accessory pack with a piddly build and three generic troops.

(To be clear I am not a member of mech gang, but they will undoubtedly sell very well.)

I used to work at a Mathnasium, and the kids there generally just wanted as many minifigs as possible. (Once they found out I still bought legos they all spread the news on how to distract me from making them do their work). I think the real comparison is mechs to microfighters. 

11 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Mechs and buildable Chewie sound like an early April fools joke. Could be a new OT Boba though, unless they are just using the repainted Disney+ minifig again.

The marvel mechs tend to get new figs, but at the same time I really doubt Vader or the Stormie will be new. MAAAAybe boba, but they could totally re-use the mandoverse fig.

Edited by Mandalorianknight