MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

23 minutes ago, Gontron said:

Ok so from what I'm hearing the gunship may be legit but the Venator and Ghost aren't? I'm confused because those 3 sets together sound like the most wish listed thing ever. 

The only reason people are saying the gunship is legit is because a random redditor gave the same figure selection back in January... meaning promobricks just read his post. Most likely none of them are real.

Really, it's the Venator that does it for me. C'mon guys, you really think they're gonna do another UCS star destroyer almost immediately after the last one retired... with clone wars figures... including Rex... 

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what to think of the whole thing. On the one hand, it sounds wishlisty AF and the minifig selection in the Ghost sets is… weird. Is that even an Ahsoka set?!  And if so, why do we know the minifigs here but not even the set names of the other two?

On the other hand, this would be an uncharacteristically mean April Fool‘s prank on Promobricks‘ part. Tough still better than what the goat guy did :tongue:

What did the goat guy do? Was he the one who did the sonic "leaks" in march as april fools?

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Promobricks is still reliable; this list is so obviously a prank that I am genuinely surprised anyone took it seriously. 

I obviously want one, but this list is not real, and I would advise not expecting anything on it to be true (aside from the existence of a Swamp Speeder set, Minifigs notwithstanding). 

Respectfully disagree I think this list is real or at very least partially right. Reddit leaker correctly stated the Indy reveal date. And all these sets make sense even if wishlisty. Ghost for the Ahsoka, Venator because pretty much all the OT sets are done and it’s close enough to a Star Destroyer. And the UCS Gunship is retiring soon. Idk I believe this

Edited by RODDY

The Gunship minifigures all effectively feature in the CW S6 Trial arc, with Padme representing Ahsoka vs. Tarkin in front of Palpatine. IIRC The outfits don’t match—but that’s what’s being evoked by the MF selection.

All four of these sets would make sense, then, in terms of “product synergy” with the Ahsoka series.

Edited by Pedilego

2 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

The Gunship minifigures all effectively feature in the CW S6 Trial arc, with Padme representing Ahsoka vs. Tarkin in front of Palpatine.

It can also be Thorn instead of Fox as they are very similar and Clovis instead of Palpatine so the set would be based on the crisis at heart episode.

2 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

It can also be Thorn instead of Fox as they are very similar and Clovis instead of Palpatine so the set would be based on the crisis at heart episode.

Hey, you're back, it's been a while since I've seen you around here. 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

Hey, you're back, it's been a while since I've seen you around here. 

Yeah, I am unsure if the sets are actual leaks or April's fool so...

6 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

The Gunship minifigures all effectively feature in the CW S6 Trial arc, with Padme representing Ahsoka vs. Tarkin in front of Palpatine. IIRC The outfits don’t match—but that’s what’s being evoked by the MF selection.

All four of these sets would make sense, then, in terms of “product synergy” with the Ahsoka series.

..without Ahsoka, though. Which I think is another point in favor of it being fake. If they went out of their way to make a figure selection like that, why exclude the main character of the arc, who's also the focal point of the synergy? Be like if we got a (20th anniversary sized, not the measly $50 one) Jango's slave one last summer to tie in with Obi-Wan kenobi... but it didn't come with Obi-wan.

3 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

First off, like @Brickroll says, welcome back! 

Second, I don't believe so. Thorn instead of Fox is possible, though I'd be surprised if he was missing his signature minigun. But I feel that promobricks, were this list real, which I'm still inclined to think it's not, would be able to tell Palpatine from Clovis.

Another Saturday. Another wild ride in this thread. I get that it's April Fools so I understand there's a lot to talk about. But if there are 10 unread pages when I wake up tomorrow I'm locking the thread till Monday. Just saying, be careful how far off topic you choose to go in the next 8 hours... :vader:

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

pretty much all the OT sets are done

Not even close. And anything before ~2015 looks very outdated hence why we’re getting yet another X-wing. Also, not everyone has been collecting for a decade plus. 

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

First off, like @Brickroll says, welcome back! 

Second, I don't believe so. Thorn instead of Fox is possible, though I'd be surprised if he was missing his signature minigun. But I feel that promobricks, were this list real, which I'm still inclined to think it's not, would be able to tell Palpatine from Clovis.

Appreciate you guys.

Only logical thing that I could try to use to explain it is that they saw Clovis without hair, but that's a really low possibility. 

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

..without Ahsoka, though. Which I think is another point in favor of it being fake. If they went out of their way to make a figure selection like that, why exclude the main character of the arc, who's also the focal point of the synergy? Be like if we got a (20th anniversary sized, not the measly $50 one) Jango's slave one last summer to tie in with Obi-Wan kenobi... but it didn't come with Obi-wan.

Yeah IDK. Same could be said of all four sets. At this rate, it seems like we’re (allegedly) getting more tie-in sets for her than Kenobi so maybe they don’t want to oversaturate the summer lineup with her minifigs. We didn’t get Obi-Wan in the AT-TE.

I cede the floor back to the prosecution.

”The Trial of The Ahsoka Tano Wave”

Edited by Pedilego

Apparently we'll be finding out if all was a joke in about an hour (midnight EST) I'll be up for that so IG i'll find out soon

50 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

Apparently we'll be finding out if all was a joke in about an hour (midnight EST) I'll be up for that so IG i'll find out soon

It's 100% fake in my opinion. (it ended up being true and I was wrong)

Edited by PreVizsla
I was wrong

1 minute ago, PreVizsla said:

It's 100% fake in my opinion. Youtubers that did videos are mysteriously ending their other streams and lying about stuff and I bet the livestreams and videos will pop out on how they got us.
Just not funny and I will not waste my time talking about it and get the thread locked.

MandR has a scheduled livestream in about 10 minutes. It's all "are they real" and stuff. That is a bad sign for it being real lol

19 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

MandR has a scheduled livestream in about 10 minutes. It's all "are they real" and stuff. That is a bad sign for it being real lol

He just said on his stream that he knows whether the leaks are real or fake, so if they are fake, we should know soon. 

Update: He said that he will reveal whether the leaks are real or not at midnight (~17 minutes from now). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

He just said on his stream that he knows whether the leaks are real or fake, so if they are fake, we should know soon. 

Update: He said that he will reveal whether the leaks are real or not at midnight (~17 minutes from now). 

If he’s gonna reveal them then they’re fake. Sad but true

Just now, QuietBricks said:

If he’s gonna reveal them then they’re fake. Sad but true

Most likely, but that is what I was expecting since I saw the list. 

yeah if they're real, he wouldn't have to stream. the fact that hes live is telling me its fake. but i hope im wrong!

1 minute ago, Old Master said:

yeah if they're real, he wouldn't have to stream. the fact that hes live is telling me its fake. but i hope im wrong!

I just want a definitive answer! 

i cant believe this was overlooked. why the heck would 332nd that ONLY fought on mandalore be in a swamp speeder.

They're REAL! 

according to mandr

He says it’s not Capp(Mandr). Unless he’s mega lying he’s big name so I bet he prolly has the most up to date info

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Another Saturday. Another wild ride in this thread. I get that it's April Fools so I understand there's a lot to talk about. But if there are 10 unread pages when I wake up tomorrow I'm locking the thread till Monday. Just saying, be careful how far off topic you choose to go in the next 8 hours... :vader:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣