MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

That Bo-Katan minifigure, however :wub: 

Yeeeeah she's so good

13 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Any news about the swamp speeder and 1083$ set weve heard so little in this past weeks I’m starting to get annoyed

Sadly, nothing yet :(

The figs are stellar for me, but I agree with the sentiments that it is just another big gray build and that it could be smaller in order to be cheaper (by $35 the droid was feasible with the same functionalities).

Also: the pirate snubfighter, the crab droid, and the N-1 microfighter all have the same gray color scheme...

13 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Hm, I've reconsidered a bit and I'm gonna wait till I find out what minifigures are in the TIE Intercepter vs. Mandalorian Fang Fighter set.
For all we know, they might be the same, and the latter set sounds a lot more interesting to me, buildwise.
And then there's the price, of course... jeez :wacko:

That Bo-Katan minifigure, however :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

Nah, i dont think Bo will be re-used, when they make waves based off a theme, they don't typically re-use "exclusive" figs, probably gonna be mando, grogu, the random mando vs imperials.

anyway, this set seems like really fun set for kids, a giant spider with canons vs mandos? Sounds pretty cool, just that the legs dont seem to be articulable, probably not gonna buy this first day, sleeping on it until its on sale on amazon.

Just realized Din doesn’t appear to come with a cape, which is weird and disappointing. They could’ve easily used a single hole soft cape under the jetpack.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

16 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

for me Bo Katan armor should be more darker blue

In the mandalorian and rebels, her armor appears to be a lighter pastel blue, i think this blue is too dark tbh.

13 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Just realized Din doesn’t appear to come with a cape, which is weird and disappointing. They could’ve easily used a single hole soft cape under the jetpack.

They've been doing that ever since the armorer set, actually i think the last set we saw him with the cape was in the lightcruiser, the single hole 4+ cape would be too big, i just swapped it for the grey and orange mandalorian cape, its supposed to be black, lego should change that.

23 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Star Wars is a trope fest, and is alway going to have the element of pulpy adventure serial to it. Were you also insulted because Obi-Wan looks like a stereotypical wizard being an old man with a beard and long flowing robes? Or that Palpatine looks like the creepy old witch/warlock in the forest with a disfigured face and a hooded black robe?

Nope, selective selection 😜

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Glad you're here to defend against offensive stereotyping of 17th century sea captains.

Fantastic comment, lol, u are hired as my nu sensei or should I say master jedi

Edited by Sneakguest

If the mech is around 500 pieces, I can’t imagine Lego producing a good-looking Yavin IV temple with just double the pieces (especially if the rumored 12+ mini figs eat into that ~1,000 piece count). My fear is it’ll look very barebones, worse than the Vader castle in 2019. 

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

If the mech is around 500 pieces, I can’t imagine Lego producing a good-looking Yavin IV temple with just double the pieces (especially if the rumored 12+ mini figs eat into that ~1,000 piece count). My fear is it’ll look very barebones, worse than the Vader castle in 2019. 

I'm honestly surprised there'll be that many figures. Not interested in Yavin in any case. 

Wasn't the crab droid thing like...rusty brown in the show? I think that's the biggest missed opportunity here. But agreed with a lot of ppls sentiments on the figures being great set being aight

41 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Also: the pirate snubfighter, the crab droid, and the N-1 microfighter all have the same gray color scheme...

Thats star wars... the most iconic ship is a gray disc...? its been gray from the start.

Edited by Goofster

9 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I'm honestly surprised there'll be that many figures. Not interested in Yavin in any case. 

Wasn't the crab droid thing like...rusty brown in the show? I think that's the biggest missed opportunity here. But agreed with a lot of ppls sentiments on the figures being great set being aight

The spider looked grey to me, although it was dark

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Oh, it looks dark pearl grey in the 360 view, but I thought it was pearl grey in the original photo. Maybe I’m just blind though. 

I'm 99% sure it's pearl dark grey. The lighting makes half of the hilt look lighter in the photo, but you can tell it's PDG on the half by mando's arm.

42 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Fantastic comment, lol, u are hired as my nu sensei or should I say master jedi

Good, my padawan, good. Now you must travel to the Denmark system to complete your training.

30 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Yeah, I thought the same, though maybe it was just lighting. I think a rusty brown would be a better color scheme, but this makes it a much better parts pack IMO.

28 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Thats star wars... the most iconic ship is a gray disc...? its been gray from the start.

Arguments can be made for the grey ball, or the whitish-grey one WITH RED! or the grey one WITH BLACK HEXAGONS! Full of color!

52 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Honestly, it's a gamble. There's a moderate chance they could use huge pieces, or sometimes they will just play a little more conservative with details--take a look at the new Jurassic Park Visitor Center, it looks quite a lot bigger but is only 200 pieces more. It's about the same piece count as a Hogwarts expansion, so make of that what you will. 

14 minutes ago, Rune Haako said:

Cool. Still weird how all the pics are sporadically made available. Don't get that at all.

54 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

"It was perfect, perfect, everything, down to the last minute details." - homelander

i think this beats sam wilson captain america as the most accurate minifigure, incredible, all previous lego star wars sins havebeen forgiven.

Edited by Goofster