the Inventor

[MOC] Silvaridis, the forest wizard home

Silvaridis, the forest wizard home was build for the Summer Joust 2022 Gradients category.

I only used green colors, teal and black, white and clear for this build as was mentioned in the category for Summer Joust 2022.

It was difficult managing to make a minifig with this limited colour but I really like the wizard I came up with.

52121403969_02df7d767c_b.jpg

Silvaridis, the forest wizard home by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Really nice color choices here.  I like the landscaping with the trees and bushes.  The fig looks fantastic.  Great job and good luck in Summer Joust

Simple looking building, but all the foliage around it and the NPU with the fence really makes the building something.

@the Inventor

I like this MOC very much. I also really like the color choice.

I also really like the minifig, the fences and the helmet on the lantern.

Did you have an inspiration for this idea?

@MontyMatte Thanks, I looked up some magical/fantasy forest dwellings, and I believe I saw a white building somewhere and used that idea to build this house. 
The shape of the house is different though and the rest of the build (lantern/fences) and plants/minifig is just my own imagination.

21 hours ago, the Inventor said:

Thanks, I looked up some magical/fantasy forest dwellings, and I believe I saw a white building somewhere and used that idea to build this house. 
The shape of the house is different though and the rest of the build (lantern/fences) and plants/minifig is just my own imagination.

You did really well. It's good to have a starting point. I know.

It's a small thing, but what I like here is the use of one of those conical helmets for the lamp post cover. That's a fun use for that part I hadn't quite considered before. Well done!