BrickRandom

Galactic Plastics Volkite - digital rendition + instructions

The Galactic Plastics Volkite is a LEGO spaceship originally built by Nick Trotta (galacticplastics.com). As with all creations by Nick, the Volkite uses clever building techniques to achieve unusual shapes and angles.

I have now created a digital version of the Volkite:
52014847246_6e257e7d14_z.jpg

Galactic Plastics Volkite - starfield by Brick Random, on Flickr

52014904048_f7d04697d0_n.jpg

52015403890_6d0eca3649_n.jpg

In addition to rendering the above pictures, I've also used to digital model to create step-by-step PDF building instructions and a full parts inventory. My next step will be to actually build a real life version!

The free step-by-step building instructions and the parts inventory for the Volkite are now available on Rebrickable.com: Galactic Plastics Volkite

Edited by BrickRandom
-typo's

Very interesting and unusual shape, took me a moment to realize where front and where rear is. The use of the yellow pieces in the rear is very cool lloking.

Only thing I don't really like is the cockpit window. I would rather have a large transparent piece there, it would look cooler and make it easier to see that that's where the front is,

On 4/22/2022 at 10:46 PM, Viper Knight said:

It looks like a gun, lol.

I didn't see that until you mentioned it, but without the top fin is does a bit indeed! :classic:

On 4/23/2022 at 11:51 PM, Gray Gear said:

Very interesting and unusual shape, took me a moment to realize where front and where rear is. The use of the yellow pieces in the rear is very cool lloking.

Only thing I don't really like is the cockpit window. I would rather have a large transparent piece there, it would look cooler and make it easier to see that that's where the front is,

Yeah, the shape is pretty interesting, it also took me a second look the first time I saw it. I like that it is not something you see every day!