Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL- FotL-Cat.1a] Yellow Banner Troops

51864437402_4048e83f74_o.png Yellow, the Lightning Dragon Banner - In times of war, the Yellow Lightning Banner is assembled in the north. It has a small core of professionals which guard the border with the barbarians of the Gerlo Empire.

51892605832_0a9a80b5cd_z.jpg 

L-R

Cavalry (x4): Due to the large borders with the Gerlo Empire, the need for cavalry is very important. As such cavalry units are well armored and equipped with both a Dao and Qiang.

Commander (x1): Commanders tend to lead from the frontlines in order to keep morale high and gain prestige.

Musketeers (x2): Quicker than other armies, the small number of units has cause them to adopt muskets in order to better defend themselves from fortified positions.

Edited by merc

This is something different! "Genghis Khan's" troops come to Brethren of the Brick Seas. :pir-oh:

That looks good and I like it!

Great looking troops, especially the cavalry. I did muse on the idea of the Yellow banner army when I made my red banner troops and it's great to see them bought to life here. Well done!

Excellent! Great hats compliment good torso and legs selection. I especially like those mounted (and dismounted) troops and the second to last musketeer.

Lovely array of troops! The nose guard-less helmet on the right works really well as an oriental style helmet. Loving the cavalry :thumbup:.

21 hours ago, NOD said:

This is something different! "Genghis Khan's" troops come to Brethren of the Brick Seas. :pir-oh:

That looks good and I like it!

Thank you! I tried my best to bring them to not be so medieval.

16 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great looking troops, especially the cavalry. I did muse on the idea of the Yellow banner army when I made my red banner troops and it's great to see them bought to life here. Well done!

Thank you! I really tried to challenged myself into figuring how to make them without using yellow torsos.  

5 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent! Great hats compliment good torso and legs selection. I especially like those mounted (and dismounted) troops and the second to last musketeer.

Thank you. I really searched around to see different hat styles so that I was not just using the "rice pickers" hat.

4 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

A lot of personality in these! Great choice and execution!

Thank you! Glad you like them.

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Lovely array of troops! The nose guard-less helmet on the right works really well as an oriental style helmet. Loving the cavalry :thumbup:.

Thank you! The nose less guard was a piece that had broken off years again and when I was looking at some inspirational pictures it seemed to fit well.

3 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Nice you focused on cavalry as well! Excellent entry!

Thank you! Based on the description of being in the north it conjured up large expanses of land that had to be covered by a small number of troops on horseback.