Captain Braunsfeld

The Return of the ... (Chapter 3)

Garmadon, Kai NRG and Captain Braunsfeld proudly present:

640x274.png

Chapter 3:

(This is chapter 2 where we left last time)

While the Marquis was busily stowing away his newly-won riches (he always left a generous tip)…

800x604.jpg

... the King (well, Mr. Smith) quietly left the cantina.

640x853.jpg

640x836.jpg

And while the bystanders were chatting about the Marquis' latest victory ...

800x490.jpg

"When the Marquis had lost a fortune three months ago, he had merely shrugged it off and paid with three tulips. Now he is in luck again!"

"Yeah, and now he's got gold. Those tulips aren't worth much anymore. I heard that pumpkins are going to be the next big thing in the colonies."

640x492.jpg

.... the the shady character, we had seen before, left the cantina soon after Mr. Smith.

640x718.jpg

Unawareth (that is an old word, you might not know it) of these incidents, Lucy Diamond entered the cantina:

800x600.jpg

Green Villain: I don't like you.

Lucy (is speechless)

Green Villain: You just watch yourself. I am a wanted man. I have the death sentence in twelve cities.

Lucy: I'll be careful then.

800x665.jpg

Green Villain: You'll be dead.

800x617.jpg

... meanwhile and somewhat fittingly "The King's Wife" just started their next song "Who wants to live forever?"

800x454.jpg

Guard (drawing her pistol): This little one isn't worth the effort.

BARTENDER:  No pistols, no pistols!

Guard:  You want to go home and rethink your life.

Green Villain: I want to go home and rethink my life.  (leaves)

Lucy (to the guard): Thank you!

Spoiler

I just love how these dialogs write themselves...   Although, sometimes, I have a bad feeling about this.

640x399.jpg

And just while Lucy and the guard were starting to talk, somebody else left the cantina.

Spoiler

Why do ordinary red lego bricks always look so strange on digital photography?

640x893.jpg

Lucy: If I may ask a question: if you were trying to leave the city in secrecy, who would be the guy to talk to?

800x600.jpg

Guard: Well, certainly not that greenish guy. That is not the pirate you are looking for.

Lucy: That is not the pirate I was looking for.

Guard: Yes, but maybe you should talk to Captain Cookie.

Lucy: Ok, I should talk to Captain Cookie. Where do I find him?

Guard: Mr. Cookie has just left the building. Move along!

(to be continued)

The story so far:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3 (you are here)

Chapter 4

Spoiler

I wonder who is writing those excellent titles for the different episodes... :pir-laugh:

And now a quick word about today's sponsor:

This episode was brought to you by Captain Cookie's Pirate Training. Join today and get a free walk on the plank!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

I'm a big fan of that story !

And those dialogs ! You have a knack for it... looks like dialogs which can fit to a movie ! :pir-grin:.

The " KIng's wife" band is exceptionnal. Again looks like something that could have make it big !

Great !

Great continuation of the story! I like the tavern very much, there is even a broken bottle on the floor (I didn't notice that before). Funny how weird some people look. I like the red color of the furniture in the photos.

On 3/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, Professor Thaum said:

I'm a big fan of that story !

And those dialogs ! You have a knack for it... looks like dialogs which can fit to a movie ! :pir-grin:.

The " KIng's wife" band is exceptionnal. Again looks like something that could have make it big !

Great !

I am wondering about those dialogues (and I am wondering about the spelling :pir-laugh:) too.
A movie with such lines would be absolutely strange, wouldn't it?

"The King's wife" - we'll see what happens to them. The show must go on!

On 3/12/2022 at 7:19 PM, NOD said:

Great continuation of the story! I like the tavern very much, there is even a broken bottle on the floor (I didn't notice that before). Funny how weird some people look. I like the red color of the furniture in the photos.

Thanks for liking the red colour. It actually looks strange on the smartphone when I look at the scene, so it is not an effect of the "post production".

How weird some people look?  I thought you liked Lucy! :pir_laugh2:

On 3/13/2022 at 10:57 AM, Fraunces said:

These are the kind of stories/builds i'd like to see more in BotBS 

Yepp. I agree. Let's do that!

Someday we need a story as to where this greenish guy got his face...

For now, I can't wait for the next part of this one... oh... guess I'd better get building :pir-grin: 

16 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Someday we need a story as to where this greenish guy got his face...

For now, I can't wait for the next part of this one... oh... guess I'd better get building :pir-grin: 

Someday we will, we might...

Get building!  :pir-thumb:

Nice build and funny story! SW quotes and the final advertisement make everything better!
I’m looking forward to seeing where is it going… and secretly hoping for a restoration of the glorious monarchy and the end of all this “power to citizens” nonsense! :pir_tong2: 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:12 PM, Keymonus said:

Nice build and funny story! SW quotes and the final advertisement make everything better!
I’m looking forward to seeing where is it going… and secretly hoping for a restoration of the glorious monarchy and the end of all this “power to citizens” nonsense! :pir_tong2: 

Thanks a lot for your royalistic feedback! :pir_laugh2:

Awesome continuation of the story. I really enjoy reading the chapters and am at the point of my chair to see where this is going to.

I love all the nods to movies.

keep continuing! :)

On 3/21/2022 at 9:27 AM, Maxim I said:

Awesome continuation of the story. I really enjoy reading the chapters and am at the point of my chair to see where this is going to.

I love all the nods to movies.

keep continuing! :)

Movies?  What movies?

I might include movie lines if you make me an offer I cannot refuse ... :pir-laugh: