Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-Lotus cat.1a] Lotii units

bejJXj.jpg

From left to right, cavalrymen, one with dragon helment has sabre and triple-barreled handgun, and the one with conical helmet prefers to use his good ol' bow. The triple-barreled handgun was a cavalry weapon and was used as a shotgun, at very close range, the reason that Lotii kept this rudimeantry weapon instead of more efficient muskets was they could use it as a hammer when the shots were fired.

Then comes two swordmen, they were trained to melee combat and were equiped with swords and shields, their armors are effective against blades but not against bullets.

At the forefront is a artilleryman serving a breech loading gun. This kind of weapon was introduced by Madrician traders hundred years ago.

On the far right are two musketmen using harquebuses and wearing some sort of composite armour, or known as cotton armour, several layers of cloth weaved together with metal plates, it can offer certain protection against handguns, but can't withstand a direct shot of a musket.

I love that breech loading gun and the fact you can actually load it from the rear! That's so cool. The figures and information are great, too. I like the use of the Kylo Ren torso as cotton armor. Where did you get the harquebuses?

Good looking group - I especially like that artillery! Those harquebuses look like the ones that Ayrlego and I used from the Korean Lotii troops, but those ones were reddish brown - where are these grey ones from?

A great selection of Lotii soldiers. The cannon is really very interesting.

18 hours ago, Khorne said:

I love that breech loading gun and the fact you can actually load it from the rear! That's so cool. The figures and information are great, too. I like the use of the Kylo Ren torso as cotton armor. Where did you get the harquebuses?

i did my homeworks too, seems that the Chinese bought some falconetto from Portuguese traders in the early 16th century and kept mass producing them till the next century. Glad you like the Kylo Ren torso too, the harquebuses are from the Minifig Cats, if my memory is correct.

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

Good looking group - I especially like that artillery! Those harquebuses look like the ones that Ayrlego and I used from the Korean Lotii troops, but those ones were reddish brown - where are these grey ones from?

From Minifig Cats as said above, in their series of Japanese warriors, they got some decent looking samurai armours and blades, and of course these harquebuses. 

8 hours ago, NOD said:

A great selection of Lotii soldiers. The cannon is really very interesting.

Thanks NOD, glad you like it.

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very cool troop, love the Samurai look!

Thanks Kai, glad you like it.

Nice! You actually got the breach to work at scale! Aren't those things fascinating? I read everything I could find online when I stumbled upon them. Battled with the breach mechanism for half a day before I realized what I was after was too small to convey. But you nailed it on a larger piece!

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

On 3/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Super fig combos! I just wish we could see more of the middle two and the archer. The gun is a great design too!

Thanks. Here you go.

Spoiler

bAKE8A.jpg

bAKiUe.jpg

On 3/2/2022 at 12:13 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Nice! You actually got the breach to work at scale! Aren't those things fascinating? I read everything I could find online when I stumbled upon them. Battled with the breach mechanism for half a day before I realized what I was after was too small to convey. But you nailed it on a larger piece!

Thanks Jeff. Your gun on tripod looks amazing too.

On 3/5/2022 at 10:46 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I like that  breech loading gun!

22 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Really nice assortment of troops! The cavalry and the cannon (ofc) steal the show here!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you like them.