Sign in to follow this  
BardDandelion

Witcher - A Little Sacrifice

Hi!

In second Witcher collab project built by Zbudujmy To! LUG members I decided to make a scene from "A Little Sacrifice" short story. In this story Geralt is hired by a prince as a translator to help him convince a mermaid to become a woman and marry him.

The Witcher: A Little Sacrifice

Was going to make water with net technique but after one afternoon of trying I gave up and decided that I need something more than a rock and boats. That's why I built a medieval ship for a background on the scene.

Hope you like it! ;)

Nice diorama, the ship is well built. They are great photos with funny scenes. The mermaid doesn't be delighted with the prince. :pir-grin:

@NOD
Thanks a lot! ;)
She wasn't happy in the short story also. :D
If you haven't read it, I highly recommended doing it. Short stories by Sapkowski is the best "Witcher" thing that exists.

Great choice of the minifig version of Gerald. :thumbup: You also did a great job of building a background for your MOC. The brick-built ship looks interesting, perhaps even more than the unsuccessful proposal to the mermaid. 

@Wellesley @Brickwolf Thank you! Tried my best with that ship. ;)

@Feuer Zug Thanks! I think that minifigures can bring a lot of life to every MOC. Usually trying to make a good use of them in my builds, crew hanging out and having fun while they have some time to waste sounded like a good idea when I was building this scene.

@Redhead1982 Thanks! I checked plenty of head/hair combo and this one is my favourite for this character. In this particular scene decided to go for "no armour" because he wouldn't need it this job. ;)

Wonderful scene! A beautiful ship, a cog i guess! And i love the articulation of the musicians and dancers, the guy cleaning the deck and of course the king presenting the flowers to the mermaid. She does not look happy though :laugh:

@Yperio_Bricks Thanks! For a moment I was afraid that I will be punished for necroposting but I guess that good MOC is a good MOC and even after two years someone may find it for the first time. :D

Haha yeah! I saw this thread only after you wrote your post. There are so many threads, it's easy to miss somthing beautiful like this ship and scene :pir_laugh2:

Mmm, very tasty work!
Some elements of the ship look a little bulky, but at the same time give it a special charm. Looks amazing!
The rest of the work is great too!