Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

23 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

180$ for the crane truck is not cheap considering it has no motorization, no license and no unique or printed pieces.

120 Gears, 8 small and one large actuator, nine 62.4 Tires, 28 1x15 perpendicular beams, 19 1x11 perpendicular beams.  Printed pieces were not neccessary in this model.

Maybe it is not cheap, but i guess it is it worth.

16 minutes ago, efferman said:

120 Gears, 8 small and one large actuator, nine 62.4 Tires, 28 1x15 perpendicular beams, 19 1x11 perpendicular beams.  Printed pieces were not neccessary in this model.

Maybe it is not cheap, but i guess it is it worth.

I know it's worth, but we are slowly reaching LEGO prices at 7 Cent/piece (e.g. similar to 42082). I will of course buy it because it's a great model, just not at full price.

Btw, is there like a part database for CaDA bricks? I noticed this crane truck uses the same tires as C65001W but I cannot find any info on the size of these. I believe the part nr. is JR40140001.

5 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

but I cannot find any info on the size of these

They are simply 62.4x20 S and are the reason for the 17 wide scale.

A part database is, as far as i know, not officially available at this time.

8 minutes ago, efferman said:

They are simply 62.4x20 S and are the reason for the 17 wide scale.

A part database is, as far as i know, not officially available at this time.

That's great, thanks!

18 hours ago, 1gor said:

Here states that Dominator will have 4400! pieces (and more)... 

Hope it is not fake site...

This is rather an approximate number of bricks. The prototype had 4,459 bricks and I know that in the end there will be a dozen more, so I think it will be closer to 4,500 elements in total.

More funny is  this part of description: "crafted by the esteemed MOC studio Eric Trax" Now I have no choice but to start up a design studio :pir_laugh2:

Edited by eric trax

1 hour ago, eric trax said:

This is rather an approximate number of bricks. The prototype had 4,459 bricks and I know that in the end there will be a dozen more, so I think it will be closer to 4,500 elements in total.

More funny is  this part of description: "crafted by the esteemed MOC studio Eric Trax" Now I have no choice but to start up a design studio :pir_laugh2:

And Wieslaw would be manager...

The first official video of my Crane truck

and a video when i had tested my first functional prototype. Many things were changed since then.

Edited by efferman

Very cool model, congratulations! I really like that it is so function packed. It looks to be in the same scale as the Arocs set, so it would look really nice next to it.

24 minutes ago, Alex Ilea said:

It looks to be in the same scale as the Arocs set,

The chassis is two studs more narrow, but the visual difference is not big.

@efferman So the switching between functions is still manual and 1 L-motor is used for drive, 1 "servo" for steering (still not proportional) and 1 M-motor for the superstructure and outriggers, right?

Do you know if a motorized version will become available later on cada store or it's just the static version and people have to buy the motors and battery pack separately? Last time I did this, they unsealed my copy and put the parts inside the original box.

Edited by R0Sch

Btw, I have started to make a spreadsheet of CaDA part numbers and colors, by going through the pdf instructions one-by-one, to at least have an overview of the different elements they use. Maybe you MOC'ers can find this information useful as well.
Now the question would be how to make it accessible to everyone as a "living document" or better yet is anyone willing to host it / make a database? I don't have any images of the parts and including blurry screenshots from the pdf instructions is not the best idea.
pUPRWKm.png

3 hours ago, efferman said:

The first official video of my Crane truck

and a video when i had tested my first functional prototype. Many things were changed since then.

Looks very impressive! Definitely looks more convenient with the motor, but options are good. The outriggers are quite dramatic and solid-looking! (At least for their configuration)

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

the static version and people have to buy the motors and battery pack separately?

i will ask if there will be later a motorized option, but you can simply buy one of the power packs. It should be cheaper than buying all separately (German shop link)

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

So the switching between functions is still manual and 1 L-motor is used for drive, 1 "servo" for steering (still not proportional) and 1 M-motor for the superstructure and outriggers, right?

The L motor is for driving and boom lifting. The switch most forward on the driver side ist he switch between those functions.

53360085015_29079f2b4b_c.jpg

53360085050_d53e6e2c01_c.jpg

The servo is for steering, and the M motor is for everything else. By the way, the spare wheel is the switch between winch and telescopic boom

Edited by efferman

22 minutes ago, efferman said:

i will ask if there will be later a motorized option, but you can simply buy one of the power packs. It should be cheaper than buying all separately (German shop link)

The L motor is for driving and boom lifting. The switch most forward on the driver side ist he switch between those functions.

The servo is for steering, and the M motor is for everything else. By the way, the spare wheel is the switch between winch and telescopic boom

Ooh, do I see that CADA now has a 2L driving ring that works with modern gears as well?

Also, do their 28T differential gears accept driving rings, allowing them to be used as clutch gears?

6 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

2L driving ring that works with modern gears as well?

it works with the CaDA Gears, and actual lego Clutch Gears. It works also with the orange white Differential case. The 28Z Gear is part of the mould so it can't be used separatley

On 1/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, R0Sch said:

Do you know if a motorized version will become available later on cada store or it's just the static version and people have to buy the motors and battery pack separately?

My contact at CaDA said the Crane Truck will sold only non motorized, to keep the prize in a resonable range.

yeah IDK why LEGO are so gormless

They should have made the 28 tooth idler gear also a clutch gear just as CADA have done here.

Is cada has 13L flip-flop beam?

Edited by msk6003

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

They should have made the 28 tooth idler gear also a clutch gear just as CADA have done here.

Where do you have seen them?

58 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Is cada has 13L flip-flop beam?

i don't have seen it yet.

1 minute ago, SNIPE said:

I mean this part isnt as good as cadas version because it doesnt have a clutch for a clutch ring:

The Gear is part of the differential case and can not be used as single gear.

3 minutes ago, efferman said:

The Gear is part of the differential case and can not be used as single gear.

The lego version can, ive been doing it for years now, not sure about the cada version, how surley you can open it to get/put the bevel gears inside?

Edited by SNIPE

The case is harder to open than the Lego diff, but it is still possible. The diff is on the left side of the picture

53234756078_87e436970d_c.jpg

Edited by efferman