Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Funny how

Hide contents

Rainn appears in three sets, considering he dies not even halfway through the movie

:laugh_hard: 

Yeah, and we don't get three characters + two Atrociraptors lol

This might be one of the most screen-accurate waves they‘ve ever created for any theme *oh2* The only noteworthy inaccuracies are the absence of Barry, Dodgson, and Ramsay, plus some of the hairpieces they chose. Also, the

giant locusts

were missing :snicker:

U.K. folks might like to know that Argos has chunky discounts on most if the new & recent Jurassic World / Park sets. Most have at least 20%, some have a third off. Presumably timed for the release of the movie 

these are also echoed on Amazon U.K., Smyths toystores, and in B&M. Pays to shop around between them, as there are some variations price. 

Edited by williejm

Having now seen the movie, it really strikes me how Lego did a total disservice to the female minifigs in this range. That’s especially true for the POC characters, Kayla and Santos, but it’s true across the board in reused head and poor hairpiece options. Wonder who has the final say on that, must be gutting to be an actor and be immortalised badly in a minifig!

As much as I love the dinosaurs and builds from this wave, I absolutely hate the minifigures. Inaccurate clothes, wrong hairpieces, and much more. Some of them are truly atrocious.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As much as I love the dinosaurs and builds from this wave, I absolutely hate the minifigures. Inaccurate clothes, wrong hairpieces, and much more. Some of them are truly atrocious.

Really poor. Like they’re just phoned in. 

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, it’s really to see minifiugres owing with issues.

To me, there is little to complain about in terms of face and torso prints. Even Zia’s faceprint makes some sense, as she doesn’t have her glasses from FK any more (still should’ve picked another one instead of that overused Tina faceprint) :classic:

However, what bothers me are the hairpieces. Using the same hairpiece for 4 different characters is just silly. Granted, we finally got it in tan for the very first time, but still :tongue: And Kayla’s was a pretty bad choice. Spending the budget on new dino parts rather than a new hairpiece mould was definitely the way to go, but at least they could’ve used a dark brown version of the same piece instead, with additional nougat printing similar to Vi Moradi‘s blue printing 

Now I've seen Dominion here are the dinosaurs/creatures I want to see in the next wave of JW Lego sets I want them to create, based on their movie scene appearances (which I won't describe to avoid spoilers):

Parasaurolophus

Any sauropod - ie Apatosaurus or Dreadnoughtus

Carnotaurus & Allosaurus

Dimetrodon

Locusts

Also dinosaurs from other Jurassic films/shows I want Lego to create (in my preference order):

Stegosaurus

Spinosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Sinoceratops 

Scorpios Rex (Camp Cretaceous)

Smilodon (CC)

Monolophosaurus (CC)

Kentrosaurus (CC)

Compsognathus

Nasuroceratops (fix the Triceratops Pickup Truck Ambush 76950 set - they could have kept the Triceratops body parts and come up with a new head mould)

Moros

Mosasaurus (at bottom of the list as hard to do being a water based creature. Maybe could do the JW lagoon as a set?)

Edited by BrendanH
Added more dinosaurs to the list

3 hours ago, Bricktuvius said:

Do you see posible to get a new diorama set from The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, etc.?

:shrug_oh_well: We'll just have to wait 'till next year to see if there will be any sets of JW/JP at all! Although I sure hope this isn't the case and that the theme will continue even tho there won't be new movies for a while.

I hope Lego will dive into the OG trilogy, cuz it has potential for some great sets. Like Ian and Sarah Harding meeting the Stegosaurus for the first time, and the plane stuck in the tree from JP III, maybe even with a Spino.

Edited by StegoLover

On 6/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

This might be one of the most screen-accurate waves they‘ve ever created for any theme *oh2*

True. If I could add only one set to the wave, it would be a $40 set:

Spoiler

Amber Mine Escape - The white train pod, Alan, Ellie, Maisie and a Dimetrodon.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
I corrected a character name

3 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Reveal hidden contents

Amber Mine Escape - The white train pod, Allan, Ellie, Maisie and a Dimetrodon.

I would have added a set that includes Dodgson for sure

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

:shrug_oh_well: We'll just have to wait 'till next year to see if there will be any sets of JW/JP at all! Although I sure hope this isn't the case and that the theme will continue even tho there won't be new movies for a while.

I hope Lego will dive into the OG trilogy, cuz it has potential for some great sets. Like Ian and Sarah Harding meeting the Stegosaurus for the first time, and the plane stuck in the tree from JP III, maybe even with a Spino.

Hopefully the reintroduction of the three original stars will allow them to do more with them from the original movie.

Edited by RichardGoring

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Hopefully the reintroduction of the three original stars will allow them to do more with them from the original movie.

same here.

6 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Reveal hidden contents

Amber Mine Escape - The white train pod, Allan, Ellie, Maisie and a Dimetrodon.

Agreed with you on this list. I really want to see Dimetrodon one day. By the way, it’s Alan, not Allan. :) 

10 hours ago, Bricktuvius said:

Do you see posible to get a new diorama set from The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, etc.?

I know there are not many recognizable scenes from both movies but I do hope TLG would re-introduce oiringal trio (and Sarah and Ian’s daughter and Kirby family).

let’s see…

The Lost World

1.) Attack on Lab Mobile 

2.) Capture Parasaurlophus

3.) Ramapge at Campsite 

4.) Velociraptor Pursuit at Abandoned Village 

Jurasic Park III

1.) Escape the Bird Cage 

2.) Spinosaurus Attack on the Boat

3.) Plane Crash

4.) T-rex Vs. Spinosaurus

We know it’s a wishlist but I hope we would see more new & recolored dinosaurs. 

Anybody know of a better hairpiece for Claire in the therizinisaurus scene? i think the official one is too long, I was thinking possibly using the Molly Weasly hairpiece from the more recent harry potter sets but i think that might be too short

6 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Anybody know of a better hairpiece for Claire in the therizinisaurus scene? i think the official one is too long, I was thinking possibly using the Molly Weasly hairpiece from the more recent harry potter sets but i think that might be too short

They need the Young Hermione hair in Dark Orange. That'd probably be perfect.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:32 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

This might be one of the most screen-accurate waves they‘ve ever created for any theme *oh2* The only noteworthy inaccuracies are the absence of Barry, Dodgson, and Ramsay, plus some of the hairpieces they chose. Also, the

Reveal hidden contents

giant locusts

were missing :snicker:

I was surprised that the biosyn helicopter was actually in the movie, that totally felt like a vehicle just thrown in by LEGO 

I was even more surprised at how good the helicopter is, I was expecting a "City" like "cookie cutter" type build but I was pleasantly surprised.

I kinda wish we would know about the 2023 wave for Jurassic World pretty soon… 2023 is the time of uncertainity to me. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I kinda wish we would know about the 2023 wave for Jurassic World pretty soon… 2023 is the time of uncertainity to me. 

I feel kinda sweaty too right now, would be such a bummer if it would be discontinued. There are still a lot of things they could do, come on TLG, at least a Stegosaurus!

This recent wave is pretty solid, they may decide to just ride it for a couple of years, instead of releasing more sets for this wave. I do very much enjoy the dinos but I think the reason I like them is because they don't flood the market year after year, makes them feel a little more special.

I know I didn't explain myself so well, basically I would be okay with no wave next year, without fear of the theme discontinuing. Still have a couple sets I still need from this year, just waiting on a good discount. Some of the sets, I wouldn't mind getting multiples of.