Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Agree on the Batcave, disagree on Arkham. The exterior of the Arkham sets has been very minimal and pretty boring. A $500 fleshing-out of the Asylum would be very welcome if accompanied by a trove of minifigs. They had a Daily Bugle that was essentially just a facade before, in the same manner of the old Arkham sets, and that didn't stop them from going back and doing a far more detailed version.

Hall of Justice would be an insta-buy for me, but I'm not sure it needs to be $500. Perhaps I'm wrong. Having a hard time visualizing it.

No set needs to be $500. But it's better for it

Not that dc will ever get a $500 lego set, unless it's a bust of bruceeeeeeee wayneeeeeeee

Edited by thephantasm

On 7/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

I love the method you used for the Batman Beyond Batmobile; I've followed you on IG. Looking forward to seeing the final Batcave!

I agree, I want to see a £400 Batcave. Maybe one day a £100 Moth cave too.

Dang you are going to make me tear up, thanks so much for the support, seriously! 

I just don't get why DC doesn't go for a big Batcave, I have to imagine those sell well, also do a Wayne Manor!!! Even if less DC fans buy it other non-superhero fans may get it because it is a dope fancy house!!

11 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

Dang you are going to make me tear up, thanks so much for the support, seriously! 

I just don't get why DC doesn't go for a big Batcave, I have to imagine those sell well, also do a Wayne Manor!!! Even if less DC fans buy it other non-superhero fans may get it because it is a dope fancy house!!

For £500 think a Wayne Manor with batcave could work.

5 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

Hey man you are so welcome :sweet:

On 7/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, Agent Kallus said:

For £500 think a Wayne Manor with batcave could work.

That's what I was thinking, the detailed Manor + detailed batcave underneath would feat the price point satisfactorily.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

That's what I was thinking, the detailed Manor + detailed batcave underneath would feat the price point satisfactorily.

The classic batcave was $269.99, 249.99€ and was nothing special (my opinion). So I don't think 500$/€/£ would be enough for both detailed cave and manor. For one of  them sure :)  

20 hours ago, Stormfury said:

The classic batcave was $269.99, 249.99€ and was nothing special (my opinion). So I don't think 500$/€/£ would be enough for both detailed cave and manor. For one of  them sure :)  

Yeah I don’t see how you do both for less than like $600. Even that might be a stretch. 

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah I don’t see how you do both for less than like $600. Even that might be a stretch. 

Especially with the proposed rise in set prices.

Yeah, I really can't see it happening. Wayne Manor along doesn't seem iconic enough, since it has different looks between comics/films/etc. The Hall of Justice (I'm still on my theory that if it's DC, it'll be this) always has that same main entrance in comics, animated films, super friends, etc. And Wayne Manor+ the batcave gets really expensive really fast, since you're doubling the vertical height. Look at the Upside-down set. That's a pretty small house for almost half the cost of this $500 set.

My Guess as to what it is: A UCS Bat-Vehicle Set

What I want:Any Non-Bat Related Location Set

3 hours ago, Scuhro52 said:

My Guess as to what it is: A UCS Bat-Vehicle Set

What I want:Any Non-Bat Related Location Set

I mean, odds are it's still Marvel. And What would a $500 bat-vehicle look like? I mean...the '89 Batmobile was $200. Even accounting for inflation, maybe $250. Not sure how much bigger they can go or even what they would do (and before anyone says anything, no, we are not getting a $500 '66 Batmobile.)

11 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

and before anyone says anything, no, we are not getting a $500 '66 Batmobile.

Not with that attitude!

Almost certain it will go to Marvel. The new bike is actually well built for a 4 plus set and Harley is alright I guess. I think they should use Sweet Mayhems pig tails in a dual mold for Harley sometime in the future. I think that is the best pig tail piece the company has would love them to use it for Harley. Also hope we eventually get her Hyenas with hing jaws ala the wargs from Lotr. 

Edit: by “it” I mean the mystery $500 set

Edited by cosmic

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Not with that attitude!

Notice @NovaBricks didn't say thing against a $600 Jokermobile!

NOTE: this link is to wikipedia article on the subject. Nothing special... (I didn't meant to scare anyone if I did!)

Edited by Murdoch17

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Not with that attitude!

Hahaha fair

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Notice @NovaBricks didn't say thing against a $600 Jokermobile!

NOTE: this link is to wikipedia article on the subject. Nothing special... (I didn't meant to scare anyone if I did!)

Give me a $500 D2C of Ambassador Joker addressing the UN or give me death

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Give me a $500 D2C of Ambassador Joker addressing the UN or give me death

I have an announcement: I have become a leaker. This information is correct, but you forgot it's a regional exclusive to Iran. The back of the instruction booklet hints at further exclusives: "Lex steals forty cakes" diorama,  "MBS Batman's yellow room", and "UCS Kyle Rayner's fridge".

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I have an announcement: I have become a leaker. This information is correct, but you forgot it's a regional exclusive to Iran. The back of the instruction booklet hints at further exclusives: "Lex steals forty cakes" diorama,  "MBS Batman's yellow room", and "UCS Kyle Rayner's fridge".

I love the scope of this. One the one hand a surreal moment from a very whimsical book, on the other one of the most notorious comic book deaths. 

On 7/14/2022 at 7:12 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

"UCS Kyle Rayner's fridge".

Huge Green Lantern Fan I am,I would Definetly buy this.Is his Girlfriend a Figure or Brick-Built?

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

It's obviously going to be a $500 set of Batman's closet full of his rainbow colored suits. 

https://comicsalliance.com/icymi-rainbow-batman-trinity-1/

Of course. Complete with the Bullseye Batman suit that featured in the rainbow Batman story, because clearly a bullseye suit is what you want to wear to a shooting range. (For anyone who hasn’t read it, yes, he does this. It’s to draw attention away from robin’s broken arm or something and yes, he gets shot)

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I love the scope of this. One the one hand a surreal moment from a very whimsical book, on the other one of the most notorious comic book deaths. 

Hey, Lex stealing forty cakes is canon now! 

but you’re right, the tones don’t match. I’ll add a mech 2 pack of Tropical Joker and Barbara Gordon, a bionicle figure of bat-mite, and some buildible item sets like that Thor’s hammer one: Crowbar (exclusive Jason Todd), pink kryptonite, and Joker Fish with patent forms.

1 hour ago, Scuhro52 said:

Huge Green Lantern Fan I am,I would Definetly buy this.Is his Girlfriend a Figure or Brick-Built?

Uh…. she’s a constraction figure.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Complete with the Bullseye Batman suit that featured in the rainbow Batman story,

I’m a sucker for Silver Age Batsuits, and it burned when Zebra Batman became a con exclusive and Rainbow Batman became a DLC exclusive, so Bullseye Batman would no doubt be a Brickheadz.

Dang it, can’t multi quote. I would like to have seen adult Lex steal the cakes, really get the creative juices flowing.

No bad taste DC line is complete without Nightwing and Tarantula vs Blockbuster in a Blüdhaven face off or Arsenal vs Cheshire with Prometheus in a hallucinogenic showdown. Includes exclusive dead cat figure.

…Are these common withdrawal symptoms? Amazing what an effect a lack of new sets can have on people‘s minds :laugh_hard:

Seriously though, shouldn‘t we soon hear about those remaining mystery sets? I feel like they‘re pretty long overdue. I might be wrong, but we knew about both Tumblers at this point last year, didn‘t we? :wacko:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…Are these common withdrawal symptoms? Amazing what an effect a lack of new sets can have on people‘s minds :laugh_hard:

I'll have you know I've been fantasising about obscure and unlikely DC sets for a while now :laugh: the trouble with ADHD is I can't always plan these things out for myself, otherwise I'd have MOCs and purist figs to show for it.

Lego should know by now what we all want. A UCS Ric Grayson taxi cab. That’d be the best selling Lego set of all time.

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

Lego should know by now what we all want. A UCS Ric Grayson taxi cab. That’d be the best selling Lego set of all time.

Only if it has an exclusive Ric Grayson figure with head trauma play features!

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m a sucker for Silver Age Batsuits, and it burned when Zebra Batman became a con exclusive and Rainbow Batman became a DLC exclusive, so Bullseye Batman would no doubt be a Brickheadz.

Dang it, can’t multi quote. I would like to have seen adult Lex steal the cakes, really get the creative juices flowing.

No bad taste DC line is complete without Nightwing and Tarantula vs Blockbuster in a Blüdhaven face off or Arsenal vs Cheshire with Prometheus in a hallucinogenic showdown. Includes exclusive dead cat figure.

At least Zur-an-ah...oh, wait.

Can't believe I forgot about Nightwing and Tarantula. Haven't heard of the other one, but I'll add a Dex-Starr: origins diorama, and a "crack house where green arrow discovers Roy's secret" MBS set

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What? No! I don't have a problem, you have a problem! *crushes TLBM batman figure into a fine powder and injects it into veins* AAAA, I've got it! A Harley Quinn in bathtub set with new toaster mold!