Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the DC Superheroes 2022 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related DC Superhero discussion throughout 2022--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego DC Superhero discussion. 

Enjoy! 

First Half Year Releases
LEGO DC Character Encyclopedia New Edition - with exclusive Val Zod minifigure
The Batman sets (released 2021 in North America)

Unknown
A set with Klarion the Witch Boy - mentioned in Character Encyclopedia blurb

76210 - $500 D2C set. More likely Marvel but possible DC

Let's hope this is a great year for Lego DC! With The Batman sets and multiple films coming such as Black Adam, The Flash and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom this could be the best year in a long time. 

We are getting some cool leaks on DC casting and The Flash has me hyped up now...

General Zod and Faora are back

Edited by Mr No

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

We are stearting some cool leaks on DC casting and The Flash has me hyped up now...

General Zod and Faora are back

We need sets for this movie.

Seriously, I hope LEGO gets their act together with five theatrical DC movies coming this year.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seriously, I hope LEGO gets their act together with five theatrical DC movies coming this year.

We really do, this year can be the redemption DC needs. 

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well they’ve shot themselves in the foot with this one, because I seem to recall during a Q&A about the Bugle they equated the lack of DC sets/vast quantity of Marvel sets to how many films were out. Five films, I want sets for all.

27 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Well they’ve shot themselves in the foot with this one, because I seem to recall during a Q&A about the Bugle they equated the lack of DC sets/vast quantity of Marvel sets to how many films were out. Five films, I want sets for all.

Holy moly, this is it. They have no excuse anymore. 

For Black Adam we need to get the ship of Hawkman. Entire JSA is a must. 

Edited by Mr No

To me 2021 with this awesome minifig Tumbler was the best DC year since the Lego Batman Movie. To be honest I'd love to get no DC movies for years if it means more nostalgia sets. They could make Schwarzenegger Mr Freeze or Sets for the Arkham Games then (there was a Moc not long ago showing how great the Arkham Knight Batmobil would work as a minifigure model)- maybe with a well executed Azrael, Hush or Mad Hatter. They could also milk the Teen Titans fanbase and give us an updated Deathstroke.

The Raimi Spiderman sets leak opens up chances of getting more sets based on multuple iterwtions of DC. Perhaps a full TDK trilogy wave recreating all iconic moments from it isn't far fetched. And I think the tumbler sold like hot cakes (because I couldn't find it). 

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

The Raimi Spiderman sets leak opens up chances of getting more sets based on multuple iterwtions of DC. Perhaps a full TDK trilogy wave recreating all iconic moments from it isn't far fetched. And I think the tumbler sold like hot cakes (because I couldn't find it). 

Take those Raimi Spider-Man rumors with a grain of salt. We’re not sure if they’re true yet.

That being said, I wouldn’t put it past TLG to make sets based on previous movies. They’ve already done that with the 66 Batman sets, 89 Batman sets and the TDK Batman sets. I think a UCS version of The Batman is only a matter of time.

I hope TLG focuses on the upcoming movies, though. Lot’s of cool possibilities for some great sets.

23 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Likewise! Alot of content next year! 

But I'm also up for some new batvehicles to go with the batcaves! 

7 hours ago, Mr No said:

I think Batmobiles are a no brainer for Lego. 

Would love to see the 

Forever and Batman and Robin Batmobiles. 

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Let's hope we get a list like Harry Potter for the summer sets! 

“Look at the movies coming out,” Mark says. “We’ve got four Marvel movies and one DC [movie]. So it’s probably skewing what we’re doing at the moment. There’s lots of things we’d love to do… [but] there are four Marvel movies coming out, and one DC movie.”

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-explains-the-lack-of-batman-and-dc-sets-in-2021/

And this year we have 4 live action DC movies coming out, no more excuses... 

You know what would be a fun DC wave that's never gonna happen? DC Dark Knights of Steel. Or Dark Knights Metal. 

4 hours ago, Mr No said:

You know what would be a fun DC wave that's never gonna happen? DC Dark Knights of Steel.

I would be all for that!

The Batman - The Bat and The Cat Trailer:

Edited by Mr No

The Batman and Aquaman 2 are in Fandango's top ten most anticipated movies for 2022 with The Batman as number 3 most anticipated film. And Aquaman 2 is number 8.

On the new Batman trailer, I wish Lego did more playsets for their licensed themes, God, I love the look of Gotham. I hope these sets sell like crazy with the film. 

Edited by Mr No

Seeing the new trailer makes me appreciate how well-made LEGO's sets are. This movie will be absolutely incredible, and I'm glad we have awesome set for it.

Quite the opposite can be said about Batman minifigure tho...

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seeing the new trailer makes me appreciate how well-made LEGO's sets are. This movie will be absolutely incredible, and I'm glad we have awesome set for it.

Quite the opposite can be said about Batman minifigure tho...

I find it weird they choose the old cowl mold instead of the new one. 

I wonder how will Keaton Batman minifig look like, I am sure if the make The Flash sets tehn we will get the 89 batmobile but the Batman minifig has to fit in it so tehy cannot use the D2C set cowl mold which looks cool. 

I guess we will summer lists in January...I hope we get 1 Superman set. I feel this year is the redemption of DC, starting with The Batman. 

I’d quite like to have seen Penguin get a car, but honestly with the Speed Champion chassis I can moc something. These sets generally fit the tone of the film really well, which is a) pretty full on for kids and b) nice to see Batman actually beating the snot out of various henchmen.

I just want a wide release minifigure-scaled 1989 Batmobile, whether that be a set based off the Tim Burton duology or The Flash. 

BTAS sets would be cool too, but probably aren’t very likely.

17 hours ago, Mr No said:

The Batman - The Bat and The Cat Trailer:

Smokin!

Some lists have it as there number 1 most anticipated movie!

Hoping for a wide range if sets across the DC line! 

Lego The Flash sets, if Zod is somehow the main villain and we do get sets, I wonder if he will show up in the sets, or be kept a secret. 

9 hours ago, Mr No said:

Lego The Flash sets, if Zod is somehow the main villain and we do get sets, I wonder if he will show up in the sets, or be kept a secret. 

He's not.

But the sets are a must. I need The Flash (both Ezra versions), Supergirl and Batman (1989).

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He's not.

But the sets are a must. I need The Flash (both Ezra versions), Supergirl and Batman (1989).

I guess they will just travel to the Man of Steel battle then, still it would be a good moment to get a new Zod minifigure. I am curious how they do Keaton. 

16 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I guess they will just travel to the Man of Steel battle then, still it would be a good moment to get a new Zod minifigure. I am curious how they do Keaton. 

This could be little more than a glorified cameo though, so not necessarily something set-worthy :grin: