Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t say how I know this, but there’s a play feature in the set that outright confirms it as a DH set

That's a bomb news...

... if it's the case, people that complains cause LEGO don't give us DH sets ... can start complaining cause LEGO give us only one DH set! :iamded_lol::iamded_lol:

And there is also a bet regarding DH set, even if I don't remember very well... :innocent: But I see that @THELEGOBATMAN remember it very very well :snicker:

Edited by BrickMatit

On 3/20/2022 at 5:14 AM, evanevanevan said:

What would everyone's top 10 LEGO Harry Potter sets be from 2018 on? I want to compile the answers to find the most popular set.

Nice idea

Mine are:

1. Hagrid’s Hut
  2. Clock Tower 
  3. Hogsmeade Village 
  4. Chamber of Secrets
  5. Astronomy Tower
  6. Hospital Wing
  7. Diagon Alley 
  8. Hogwarts Castle D2C
  9. Divination book
  10. Rise of Voldemort 

Edited by Bugbot20082

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Did you just admit you lost? :devil:

Did I? :devil: As I’ve said, it was a Xanatos Gambit, so either outcome would have been desirable to me :laugh_hard:

I’m just a bit perplexed that both promobricks and stonewars managed to miss that play feature :head_back: Maybe they just haven’t seen DH part 1 in a while

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t say how I know this, but there’s a play feature in the set that outright confirms it as a DH set :thumbup:

Oh? That definitely sounds promising :sweet:

Not that the presence of Dementors in the character lineup wasn’t a pretty strong indication, but every new piece of information we get solidifies the rumors

Wonder what the play feature is? 

- When Harry sends newspapers flying everywhere 

- The floo network, tho that was in the fifth one too 

- Gates over the fireplaces 

- The bars the dementors reach through 

Can’t think of anything else apart from basic knocking-over features 

21 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

- The floo network, tho that was in the fifth one too 

- Gates over the fireplaces

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :head_back:

DH based MoM means the Umbridge in it will be wearing her garishly kitschy knitted cat stole - I can’t wait. Umbridge racked up an impressive wardrobe for a character who only appeared in two movies, but that was the only outfit of hers left that I really wanted lego to make. 

Here’s also hoping we’ll see a new piece for the horocrux locket; after all, it would be pretty hard to steal it if it was printed on Umbridge’s torso, and that’s the whole point of the scene!

3 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Here’s also hoping we’ll see a new piece for the horocrux locket; after all, it would be pretty hard to steal it if it was printed on Umbridge’s torso, and that’s the whole point of the scene!

Excellent point! I really do hope it’s included :thumbup: Maybe a modified version of the medal piece?

6 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Yes!!! I hope you can get into the ministry via toilet :snicker:

I'd rather the phone booth (which I doubt is included) as more iconically British, but I would find it funny if after last year's Polyjuice Potion Mistake there were a toilet in this year's sets. Then next two they could do the scene from HBP with Harry, Malfoy, Myrtle and Snape and follow that by returning to PS with the troll in the bathroom scene for a solid tour of the WW lavatories. :laugh:

Have I missed any?

24 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Yes!!! I hope you can get into the ministry via toilet :snicker:

Sorry to ruin your day, but there’s no toilet included :laugh:

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t say how I know this, but there’s a play feature in the set that outright confirms it as a DH set :thumbup:

As much as I hope you’re right it is DH, can we rely on just a play feature to confirm this?

The Burrow has fireplace play feature for CoS but the set/figures are based on HBP. 4 Privet Drive has the PS letters in the fireplace but is based on CoS. Gates on the fireplace could easily just be something to give a play feature to that part of the build which would otherwise just be a big wall, Rumours say the fountain is a gold minifig so the build itself could just be inspired by both appearances, and figs could still be OotP-based.

still, I have my fingers crossed for DH

46 minutes ago, PotterBlocks said:

[…] and figs could still be OotP-based.

Yaxley only appeared in DH though, and Umbridge, the Dementors, plus the two mystery figures (which could well be Cattermole & Runcorn) wouldn’t make any sense if this were an OotP set :wink:

The only element that doesn’t fit DH is the fountain, which can either be explained away as an OotP reference they wanted to include, as a prelim placeholder, or as way to include the fountain without featuring the “Magic is Might” mural. After all, it has pretty heavy supremacist iconography, something TLG surely wouldn’t want to feature in a set, even if it’s entirely fictional :classic:

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I'd rather the phone booth (which I doubt is included) as more iconically British, but I would find it funny if after last year's Polyjuice Potion Mistake there were a toilet in this year's sets. Then next two they could do the scene from HBP with Harry, Malfoy, Myrtle and Snape and follow that by returning to PS with the troll in the bathroom scene for a solid tour of the WW lavatories. :laugh:

Have I missed any?

Myrtle wasn't there in the movie, was she there in the book?

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Myrtle wasn't there in the movie, was she there in the book?

Pretty sure Myrtle floats off screaming bloody murder after Harry's attack. She'd apparently befriended Draco during all the time he spent angsting in the lav. (It's possible that last was one of JKR's Pottermore additions, however, and I'm conflating the two.)  

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yaxley only appeared in DH though, and Umbridge, the Dementors, plus the two mystery figures (which could well be Cattermole & Runcorn) wouldn’t make any sense if this were an OotP set :wink:

By the same token we can argue Dobby didn't appear until CoS, and yet as @PotterBlocks said, the letters in the fireplace and on the door stickers mean the set is to represent both films / books. They also included the boats for the Firsties in the Great Hall set and that... basilisk wannabe (PS & CoS). Sets that are primarily locations aren't necessarily firmly one or the other scene, let alone one or the other source. 

@Salix:For a moment he could not find Malfoy anywhere and assumed he must indeed be inside the Room of Requirement again, but then he saw Malfoy’s tiny, labeled dot standing in a boys’ bathroom on the floor below, accompanied, not by Crabbe or Goyle, but by Moaning Myrtle.

Harry only stopped staring at this unlikely coupling when he walked right into a suit of armor. The loud crash brought him out of his reverie; hurrying from the scene lest Filch turn up, he dashed down the marble staircase and along the passageway below. Outside the bathroom, he pressed his ear against the door. He could not hear anything. He very quietly pushed the door open.

Draco Malfoy was standing with his back to the door, his hands clutching either side of the sink, his white-blond head bowed.

“Don’t,” crooned Moaning Myrtle’s voice from one of the cubicles. “Don’t… tell me what’s wrong… I can help you…”

“No one can help me,” said Malfoy. His whole body was shaking. “I can’t do it… I can’t… It won’t work… and unless I do it soon… he says he’ll kill me…”

And Harry realized, with a shock so huge it seemed to root him to the spot, that Malfoy was crying—actually crying—tears streaming down his pale face into the grimy basin. Malfoy gasped and gulped and then, with a great shudder, looked up into flu-cracked mirror and saw Harry staring at him over his shoulder.

Malfoy wheeled around, drawing his wand. Instinctively, Harry pulled out his own. Malfoy’s hex missed Harry by inches, shattering the lamp on the wall beside him; Harry threw himself sideways, thought Levicorpus! and flicked his wand, but Malfoy blocked the jinx and raised his wand for another—

“No! No! Stop it!” squealed Moaning Myrtle, her voice echoing loudly around the tiled room. “Stop! STOP!”

There was a loud bang and the bin behind Harry exploded; Harry attempted a Leg-Locker Curse that backfired off the wall behind Malfoy’s ear and smashed the cistern beneath Moaning Myrtle, who screamed loudly; water poured everywhere and Harry slipped as Malfoy, his face contorted, cried, “Cruci—”

“SECTUMSEMPRA!” bellowed Harry from the floor, waving his wand wildly.

Blood spurted from Malfoy’s face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backward and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand.

“No—” gasped Harry.

Slipping and staggering, Harry got to his feet and plunged toward Malfoy, whose face was now shining scarlet, his white hands scrabbling at his blood-soaked chest.

“No—I didn’t—”

Harry did not know what he was saying; he fell to his knees beside Malfoy, who was shaking uncontrollably in a pool of his own blood. Moaning Myrtle let out a deafening scream:

“MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!”

The door banged open behind Harry and he looked up, terrified: Snape had burst into the room, his face livid. Pushing Harry roughly aside, he knelt over Malfoy, drew his wand, and traced it over the deep wounds Harry’s curse had made, muttering an incantation that sounded almost like song. The flow of blood seemed to ease; Snape wiped the residue from Malfoy’s face and repeated his spell. Now the wounds seemed to be knitting.

Harry was still watching, horrified by what he had done, barely aware that he too was soaked in blood and water. Moaning Myrtle was still sobbing and wailing overhead. When Snape had performed his countercurse for the third time, he half-lifted Malfoy into a standing position.

Edited by krimimimi

29 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

40560 Professors of Hogwarts Accessory Pack coming in June 1st

Just saw this and came here :sweet:  Wonder which professors? Predictions anyone? 

Not official yet, of course, but I thought for sure it was going to be quidditch players (1 from each house).

The ministry set is sounding relay good! The locket must be a separate piece as to be able to play out the scene and I would be extremely happy if it was a gold Olympic medal with a green or silver S printed on it

I’m also happy with a gold wizard statue fountain as it’s more iconic to the location and will add more colour to the display than the grey MIM stone

The only other thing I could wish for from this set is a cat patronus recolour and a couple of decoy detonators! 

Edited by Bugbot20082

People really need to be careful what information they trust…

Don’t believe for one second on that accesory pack information. Looking at the posts on that account they seem made up, plus latelly the info of the accesory packs leaks very lately in the game, sometimes only on the previous days to release or not at all -like last years HP accesory pack

37 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

40560 Professors of Hogwarts Accessory Pack coming in June 1st

This is exciting! I had thought we were not getting a pack at all this year…

I hope this is a Harry-free pack, my guesses:

- Professor Slughorn (same version as the October pack)

- Professor Dumbledore (HBP, black hand)

- Professor Binns (new prints)

- Professor Grubbly-Plank (recycled parts such as Jane Goodall face, Oz Scarecrow hat, green dress slope from last year etc)

New 2x3 tile a print of the cursed necklace on a cushion or paper wrappings

Build is a purple armchair

36 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

This is exciting! I had thought we were not getting a pack at all this year…

I hope this is a Harry-free pack, my guesses:

- Professor Slughorn (same version as the October pack)

- Professor Dumbledore (HBP, black hand)

- Professor Binns (new prints)

- Professor Grubbly-Plank (recycled parts such as Jane Goodall face, Oz Scarecrow hat, green dress slope from last year etc)

New 2x3 tile a print of the cursed necklace on a cushion or paper wrappings

Build is a purple armchair

Binns can’t be made since he never appeared in the films. 

If the Professor accessory pack rumor is true I hope it doesn't include repeats of Dumbledore, McGonnagal or Snape as we already have plenty of those.  Unless of course Snape is dressed up as Neville's Grandmother!  And McGonagall in her tartan plaid nightclothes would be interesting.