Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, KA1 said:

So r u rdy image that gringotts will not fit into the old DA?

Obviously not :laugh: I mean, even if is it true that main scenes happens in the dungeons, my favourite option would be an add-on to the Diagon Alley set (Gringott paired with Leaky Cauldron and Borgin and Burkes, with scenes from the first and the sixth movie - Hagrid, Harry, Tom the Innkeeper, professor Quirrell, 2 or 3 goblins, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Narcissa, Draco, Greyback, 1 or 2 death eaters ). Dragon and vaults in a different and more affordable set.

While I would buy two sets like these, I won't buy a 500$ or more collector Gringotts out of scale with respect Diagon Alley; if it would be the case I will complete Diagon Alley on my own. But, of course, that's just me :wink:.

Honestly, I’ve suspected for awhile now that lego would take advantage of the fact that there’s no way to do a Diagon compatible Gringotts while also including the vaults buy just - making the vaults a separate (more kid friendly) playset. 

Makes perfect sense to me that they’d do a D2C Gringotts building (although I highly doubt it would go as high as $500 - $200-$300 seems more likely at that scale) with a 18+ rating, and then a set featuring the vaults and mine carts as part of the regular wave of playsets geared towards kids. Heck, I could even see them doing two versions of the Gringotts dragon for the two sets - there’s definitely room there for a playable design vs. a screen accurate one that’s more static, and I’m pretty sure that Hedwig & Hogwarts Icons and Triwizard Challenge & Hungarian Horntail have have proven that having both a kid friendly playset and an adult friendly display piece out at the same time doesn’t hurt sales. 

So I hadn’t heard anything about this before, but the Harry Potter theme seems to have suddenly gotten plushies? Currently only Harry and Hermione are in stock (and while the rest are marked ‘out of stock’ I suspect that’s just code for ‘not stocked yet’ because there’s no way Voldemort would sell out before Harry). 

Anyone know what’s going on with these or when the other characters will be stocked? I think I might need that Hedwig. 

Target has a bunch of them available online.  Some come from Target & others are direct from Manhattan Toy Company through Target.  I saw they finally had the Hedwig one available for $19.50 so I just ordered it.  It was originally listed at $26 direct from Manhattan Toy but they add shipping.  I've been checking for a while so I jumped on the sale price.  Target is currently showing 15 different plushies.  A bunch of Star Wars ones, most of the Harry Potter ones and a few Ninjago.  So ordering through Target I got my 5% red card discount of $0.98 and free shipping with my red card so Hedwig cost me $20.03 after tax was added.  Target website is currently showing Hedwig, Harry, Hermione, Hagrid, Voldemort & Dumbledore.  The only one missing from the current line-up is Ron.  Direct from Manhattan Toy they are all on sale for $19.50 but you have to spend $75 to get free shipping.  They are sold out of Hagrid with a listed price of $38 but Target has him for $24.99.

15 hours ago, karrit said:

Target has a bunch of them available online.  Some come from Target & others are direct from Manhattan Toy Company through Target.  I saw they finally had the Hedwig one available for $19.50 so I just ordered it.  It was originally listed at $26 direct from Manhattan Toy but they add shipping.  I've been checking for a while so I jumped on the sale price.  Target is currently showing 15 different plushies.  A bunch of Star Wars ones, most of the Harry Potter ones and a few Ninjago.  So ordering through Target I got my 5% red card discount of $0.98 and free shipping with my red card so Hedwig cost me $20.03 after tax was added.  Target website is currently showing Hedwig, Harry, Hermione, Hagrid, Voldemort & Dumbledore.  The only one missing from the current line-up is Ron.  Direct from Manhattan Toy they are all on sale for $19.50 but you have to spend $75 to get free shipping.  They are sold out of Hagrid with a listed price of $38 but Target has him for $24.99.

Thanks! Good to know. I might have to check if any of my local Targets are stocking them - material feel on plushies can be a make or break for me, so it would be nice to encounter them in person. 

On 10/2/2022 at 3:37 AM, KA1 said:

Hi guys, one question for discussion. Let's say that next year will be 500 gringots. If so, I doubt it will be connected to the diagon alley.

Every one ask about the bank from DH with dragon etc. But the most important scenes are from the dungeon. So if they want to include these, they need to add the dungeon tu structure and after that it will not work. 

So r u rdy image that gringotts will not fit into the old DA?

I won’t buy a Gringott’s that’s not compatible with DA. I personally don’t really care for the tracks though an Ironbelly would be cool. DA needs its centerpiece. My ideal take on the set would be Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron, and Borgin and Burkes to round off the major locations of Diagon Alley. Essentially a remake of the 2011 Diagon Alley but swap out Ollivanders for the Leaky Cauldron. Minfigs would be 2x Goblins, Griphook, Bellatrix/Hermoine, Harry Deathly Hallows, Dragomir/Ron, Borgin, Quirrell, Tom, Cornelius Fudge, POA Fred Weasley, POA George Weasley, POA Molly Weasley, POA Ron, POA Hermoine, POA Harry, HBP Draco, Fenrir Greyback. 

17 hours ago, RODDY said:

I won’t buy a Gringott’s that’s not compatible with DA. I personally don’t really care for the tracks though an Ironbelly would be cool. Essentially a remake of the 2011 Diagon Alley but swap out Ollivanders for the Leaky Cauldron.

I'm still salty that Lego made a huge expense Diagon Alley that didn't include the Leaky Cauldron or Gringotts. Literally the first two places Harry goes to with Hagrid.

But then they included stuff like 'Scribbulus' (a place not mentioned in the books) and Florean Fortesque's (never visited in the film and only by Harry in PoA).

Combined with the price tag it put me way off the set.

A pricey Gringotts would have to be pretty spectacular to get my interest. Ukrainian Iron Belly, rails with carts, Bellatrix's vault etc.

And yes 100% it should fit with the DA set, otherwise it's pointless imo.

But as the Hogwarts Express showed, Lego will make enormous display sets at vast prices only for super fans with deep pockets and extensive shelves.

I don’t understand why people are talking like a $400-$500 Gringotts padded with underground features or extra buildings. The designers have already shown us that they aren’t exclusively locked into that price point for the Harry Potter D2Cs - we already got the Hogwarts Icons set for $250 last year, and I think that a stand alone Diagon Alley compatible Gringotts at that price point is far more likely than something pricier that would be less displayable. 

And Borgin & Burke’s and The Leaky Cauldron are arguably the worst buildings to bundle with Gringotts - one is at the opposite end of the Alley and the other is on an entirely different street. That’s not a coherent set, that’s three different buildings floating around with nothing to connect them together. Can we please stop wishing for that and go back to wishing lego would release individual  modular style Diagon Alley buildings as $100 regular wave sets, because that makes a lot more sense for those two. 

In any case this is all rampant speculation and wishlisting unless the person who first brought up a $500 Gringotts has actual information that there’s going to be a Harry Potter D2C at that price next year. If not then we’re all just getting work up over nothing. 

On 10/7/2022 at 2:22 PM, Accio Lego said:

Thanks! Good to know. I might have to check if any of my local Targets are stocking them - material feel on plushies can be a make or break for me, so it would be nice to encounter them in person. 

Just a follow-up on Hedwig.  I received mine yesterday.  It's the same material they used for the Target Spacemen.  But it's only about 1/4-1/3 the size of the Spacemen so maybe about the size of the Grogu they had. 

23 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm still salty that Lego made a huge expense Diagon Alley that didn't include the Leaky Cauldron or Gringotts. Literally the first two places Harry goes to with Hagrid.

But then they included stuff like 'Scribbulus' (a place not mentioned in the books) and Florean Fortesque's (never visited in the film and only by Harry in PoA).

Combined with the price tag it put me way off the set.

A pricey Gringotts would have to be pretty spectacular to get my interest. Ukrainian Iron Belly, rails with carts, Bellatrix's vault etc.

And yes 100% it should fit with the DA set, otherwise it's pointless imo.

But as the Hogwarts Express showed, Lego will make enormous display sets at vast prices only for super fans with deep pockets and extensive shelves.

Yeah I agree. Like at least Scribulus looks kinda cool with the grey/blue color scheme but I’m not a huge fan of  Florian’s because of the bottom half being that Easter Egg Yellow and top half being tan. But if I was designing it, I’d definitely take out those two and WWW (I absolutely adore the building it’s fantastic but it’s a better standalone set and doesn’t fit the Year 1-2 theme the rest have) and have Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron and Borgin & Burkes. It’s always been wild to me how you can make DA without Gringotts unless there’s another addition. Like for $400 you would want the most essential version of the street with the most important shops. But with that being said, I still very much enjoy it and consider it the best Harry Potter D2C to this point. 

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I don’t understand why people are talking like a $400-$500 Gringotts padded with underground features or extra buildings. The designers have already shown us that they aren’t exclusively locked into that price point for the Harry Potter D2Cs - we already got the Hogwarts Icons set for $250 last year, and I think that a stand alone Diagon Alley compatible Gringotts at that price point is far more likely than something pricier that would be less displayable. 

And Borgin & Burke’s and The Leaky Cauldron are arguably the worst buildings to bundle with Gringotts - one is at the opposite end of the Alley and the other is on an entirely different street. That’s not a coherent set, that’s three different buildings floating around with nothing to connect them together. Can we please stop wishing for that and go back to wishing lego would release individual  modular style Diagon Alley buildings as $100 regular wave sets, because that makes a lot more sense for those two. 

In any case this is all rampant speculation and wishlisting unless the person who first brought up a $500 Gringotts has actual information that there’s going to be a Harry Potter D2C at that price next year. If not then we’re all just getting work up over nothing. 

Dude why are trying to mini mod the thread? Of course we’re speculating, the original question was a hypothetical and there’s no new leaks to talk about so might as well. I can wishlist for what I want and you’re not going to tell me otherwise. 

The Hogwarts Express is a perfect example of a D2C set that didn’t need to be $500 but was and I’m afraid we will see the same with Gringotts. They made the set incompatible with other Lego trains and we only got a small fraction of King’s Cross Station. And the special track is a huge chunk of the set which imo is the definition of a padded set. The set is 5,000 pieces large and it feels like you are getting not much for $500, just a waste of pieces. If Lego made the set compatible with the other trains, I feel like a lot  of the complaints would just vanish. The set would be cheaper and probably have more of the station. So I’m not buying the argument that a $500 Gringotts is ruled out because Lego has shown that they are fine adding useless stuff to their HP D2C. They just design at what price point they are given and if they are given a $500 point for Gringotts then it will be padded out and not DA compatible

Also what’s wrong with the Leaky Cauldron and Burgin & Burkes being in the same set of Gringotts? Sure Leaky Cauldron is on the opposite end of the street but these are modular sets, you can rearrange them as you please. Flourish and Blotts is technically before QQS and Florean’s is on the opposite side of the street, so Lego doesn’t care too much about their placement and I honestly don’t blame them. And it didn’t stop Lego in 2011 from including Borgin and Burkes in the same set as Gringotts. So that’s not really an argument either, Lego took creative freedom with their Diagon Alley and honestly it’s not a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Yeah I agree. Like at least Scribulus looks kinda cool with the grey/blue color scheme but I’m not a huge fan of  Florian’s because of the bottom half being that Easter Egg Yellow and top half being tan. But if I was designing it, I’d definitely take out those two and WWW (I absolutely adore the building it’s fantastic but it’s a better standalone set and doesn’t fit the Year 1-2 theme the rest have) and have Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron and Borgin & Burkes. It’s always been wild to me how you can make DA without Gringotts unless there’s another addition. Like for $400 you would want the most essential version of the street with the most important shops. But with that being said, I still very much enjoy it and consider it the best Harry Potter D2C to this point. 

Dude why are trying to mini mod the thread? Of course we’re speculating, the original question was a hypothetical and there’s no new leaks to talk about so might as well. I can wishlist for what I want and you’re not going to tell me otherwise. 

The Hogwarts Express is a perfect example of a D2C set that didn’t need to be $500 but was and I’m afraid we will see the same with Gringotts. They made the set incompatible with other Lego trains and we only got a small fraction of King’s Cross Station. And the special track is a huge chunk of the set which imo is the definition of a padded set. The set is 5,000 pieces large and it feels like you are getting not much for $500, just a waste of pieces. If Lego made the set compatible with the other trains, I feel like a lot  of the complaints would just vanish. The set would be cheaper and probably have more of the station. So I’m not buying the argument that a $500 Gringotts is ruled out because Lego has shown that they are fine adding useless stuff to their HP D2C. They just design at what price point they are given and if they are given a $500 point for Gringotts then it will be padded out and not DA compatible

Also what’s wrong with the Leaky Cauldron and Burgin & Burkes being in the same set of Gringotts? Sure Leaky Cauldron is on the opposite end of the street but these are modular sets, you can rearrange them as you please. Flourish and Blotts is technically before QQS and Florean’s is on the opposite side of the street, so Lego doesn’t care too much about their placement and I honestly don’t blame them. And it didn’t stop Lego in 2011 from including Borgin and Burkes in the same set as Gringotts. So that’s not really an argument either, Lego took creative freedom with their Diagon Alley and honestly it’s not a bad thing. 

I 100% agree with your wishlist. Sounds great. I'd be first in line to buy unlike the last two D2C sets which (personally) I feel were both absolute garbage. 

Just wanted to highlight one thing though. While most of the images, maps and layouts of Diagon Alley are organised as you say, the set is based on The Chamber Of Secrets which if you watch the scene are all ordered in the set exactly as they are in the movie. You see it all for about 10 seconds after Hagrid saves Harry from Knockturn Alley. When the set was released I scrutinised these few seconds as I originally thought the set looked kind of horrible. But after watching this it made me realise how nearly perfect the set was. Of course when I say perfectly in order this excuses the Weasley's shop. Lol. One thing that stood out to me when rewatching this scene before commenting is I can actually kind of understand now why Gringotts wasn't included. It's actually way down the other end of the street and nowhere near the buildings that  were in the set. Of course WWW was nowhere near these either because it didn't exist. But it does make me wonder whether the other half of the street is coming with Gringotts or something. But enjoyed your speculations even if other didn't, but I recommend rewatching the scene in Chamber of Secrets, you'll actually see it's pretty darn accurate to that movie and makes you appreciate the set more. :-D

35 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I 100% agree with your wishlist. Sounds great. I'd be first in line to buy unlike the last two D2C sets which (personally) I feel were both absolute garbage. 

Just wanted to highlight one thing though. While most of the images, maps and layouts of Diagon Alley are organised as you say, the set is based on The Chamber Of Secrets which if you watch the scene are all ordered in the set exactly as they are in the movie. You see it all for about 10 seconds after Hagrid saves Harry from Knockturn Alley. When the set was released I scrutinised these few seconds as I originally thought the set looked kind of horrible. But after watching this it made me realise how nearly perfect the set was. Of course when I say perfectly in order this excuses the Weasley's shop. Lol. One thing that stood out to me when rewatching this scene before commenting is I can actually kind of understand now why Gringotts wasn't included. It's actually way down the other end of the street and nowhere near the buildings that  were in the set. Of course WWW was nowhere near these either because it didn't exist. But it does make me wonder whether the other half of the street is coming with Gringotts or something. But enjoyed your speculations even if other didn't, but I recommend rewatching the scene in Chamber of Secrets, you'll actually see it's pretty darn accurate to that movie and makes you appreciate the set more. :-D

Oh dang I never knew that, thank you very much for pointing it out! Now I got a brand new excuse to watch my favorite Harry Potter film yet again. I take back everything I said about accuracy before and sorry for the mess up. And yeah I 100% agree the last two D2Cs have not been up to snuff so fingers crossed for something great this year. 

So with the recent rumors of a Fortnite set coming adding yet another example of a set based off a more mature video game property, what does everyone think our chances of getting something base on Hogwarts Legacy (or Hogwarts Mystery or any other Harry Potter game) are?

To be clear, I don’t care one way or the other whether we get true game tie in sets - I just want the designers to find an excuse to give us proper Peeves and Binns minifigs (Charlie Weasley would be nice too) and the games are our best chance. 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So with the recent rumors of a Fortnite set coming adding yet another example of a set based off a more mature video game property […]

That rumour turned out to be fake :tongue:

While having minifigs of „book-exclusive“ characters would be nice, I‘d rather they focus on filling the remaining gaps in the movies for the time being :classic:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That rumour turned out to be fake :tongue:

While having minifigs of „book-exclusive“ characters would be nice, I‘d rather they focus on filling the remaining gaps in the movies for the time being :classic:

Ah yes, it seemed odd to me, but given what other sets we’ve actually gotten recently based on video games… 

And while I agree there are some movie characters we definitely still need, those numbers are dwindling so I can’t help but hope for some groups to be properly completed using video game characters. Once next year’s spring sets come out it’s likely that Peeves will be one of only three characters from the original 2001-2011 run that haven’t been remade yet, and the nostalgic in me kinda wants lego to find a way to finally give us an update on him y’know?

Robbie Coltrane put it best himself: “The legacy of the movies is that my children’s generation will show them to their children. You can be watching it in 50 years time, easy. I’ll not be here, sadly. But Hagrid will, yes.”

Robbie may have passed on, but we'll always have Hagrid... be it in the books, in the movies, or as his Lego maxifigure looking over our plastic Hogwarts and its students!

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh idk, I kinda hope they'll do a couple sets anyway. Lego has always been weird when it comes to games. I feel like if they're not doing a set for the game alongside or soon after the release, they won't do one at all. So I don't really want them to wait for it too long. Especially if the game gets sequels, they would rather cash in on the new game than the old one by that point. Making us miss out on quite some stuff.

8 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

RIP Robbie Coltrane. So strange that I was literally moving my plushie Lego Hagrid to a new spot in my room when I read the news. :(

I'm really saddened by this news, this really came out of nowhere to me. It's a shame how many great actors this franchise has already lost. But like he said himself, Hagrid will always be here. May he rest in peace. Raise your wands (or umbrellas) /* 

8 hours ago, Felkin said:

Robbie Coltrane put it best himself: “The legacy of the movies is that my children’s generation will show them to their children. You can be watching it in 50 years time, easy. I’ll not be here, sadly. But Hagrid will, yes.”

That line moved me to tears when I first saw the anniversary special, and now any time I rewatch it that line is going to turn me into a blubbering mess because I’ll know it’s essentially his final goodbye to all the fans, and maybe even his final time seeing some of his Harry Potter costars. Absolutely heartbreaking. He will definitely be missed. 

Rest in peace, Robbie!

Hagrid will always be at Hogwarts to welcome any Harry Potter fan home.

And talking about Hagrid and LEGO, new wave hasn't seen Hagrid minifigure yet (apart for the golden one, but I don't consider it a proper minifigure).

In order to have Hagrid from LEGO someone that begun with the new wave has to buy the expensive 2020 Diagon Alley set.

I think it's very likely that with an evergreen Harry Potter theme we will see Hagrid again (in a DH Forest set?) and, who knows, even a remake of his hut.

10 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

I think it's very likely that with an evergreen Harry Potter theme we will see Hagrid again (in a DH Forest set?) and, who knows, even a remake of his hut.

I'm hoping for a remake of Hagrid's Hut this year. A Philosopher's Stone one preferably with baby Norbert(a) and a new mould for Fang. Would be especially poignant now if we do get such a set this year.

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

A Philosopher's Stone one preferably with baby Norbert(a) and a new mould for Fang.

A really exciting thing about this Theme is new mold potential. With Merpeople and Grindylows coming, it's only Fang, the Troll and perhaps a unicorn which would need new molds for the HP creatures and animals, although Norbert and the Ironbelly may need new ones too. I also still have hope for a fluffy Crookshanks and bigger Grim. 

For minifig accessories thing like a proper quaffle and deluminator, and for minifigs themselves things like an exploded Marge appearing in sets doesn't seem a far out idea. 

Would love a proper 4-wide foor to fit with the gothic arches too. 

A new witch hat piece with long hair leaked, probably from the revived Vidiyo theme (or Dreamz), judging by the translucent hair colour.

Is there a character a recolour of this could be used for in upcoming HP sets? Can‘t think of any :shrug_oh_well: