Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

The spinning top on the advent calendar is oddly dreidel shaped. 

There’s only so many ways you can build a working spinning top out of a square block shaped system, and quite frankly last year’s wasn’t quite up to the task. Seriously, did anyone else actually try spinning that thing? I couldn’t get it to go for any length of time, it was more like a very oddly shaped dice. Hopefully the new version being more dreidel shaped (a style of top that has been working ages) will mean it’s better at, y’know, spinning. 

Lupin looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the set.

21 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Now that the minifigs start leaking: I know it’s unlikely, but I still hope that epilogue Ron and Hermione will somehow be part of the minifig line-up. Omitting them would be a dumb move IMO

It sucks so much, because it's probably our only chance to ever get them.

Unless they are a GWP or something, which is extremely unlikely.

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The first movie is currently underrepresented with only Harry and the Quidditch hoops, so you wouldn’t have to reshuffle anything else, HBP would just switch to the movie with less rep (OotP has 3 builds in addition to its minifig while most of the others only have 2). Literally all it would take is a couple of baseplate color changes to make things feel more evenly distributed (and a whole lot less morbid).

PS/SS has Ollivander's in addition to the Quidditch goals and Harry. OotP only has RoR & the Prophecies plus Tonks. 

My pick for oddness is the inclusion of the Express in DH2. They've skipped the Battle of Hogwarts entirely and gone straight to the epilogue. 😆 

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

My pick for oddness is the inclusion of the Express in DH2. They've skipped the Battle of Hogwarts entirely and gone straight to the epilogue. 😆 

Well, that's definitely a tie-in to the new $500 Express with figures from the epilogue. That said, it's really weird that in general Hogwarts isn't represented (aside from the RoR, but that looks so off that it barely even counts).

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

PS/SS has Ollivander's in addition to the Quidditch goals and Harry. OotP only has RoR & the Prophecies plus Tonks. 

That’s supposed to be Ollivander’s?!?

I thought it was the Ministry atrium, it was right next to the hall of prophecies and the baseplate colors for OotP and SS/PS are similar enough to be hard to tell apart at the size of photo I’m looking at. 

That actually makes so much more sense. 

And to be fair, they didn’t skip the Battle of Hogwarts completely - we’ve got Neville! Probably a little more recognizable as being battle specific than any mini builds they could try to pull off tbh. 

I think a dreidel top is really nice to include if intentional. It's not like anything in this calendar is overtly Christmas

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And to be fair, they didn’t skip the Battle of Hogwarts completely - we’ve got Neville! Probably a little more recognizable as being battle specific than any mini builds they could try to pull off tbh. 

Fair point. 

I'm disappointed of this AC.. I wish we got one new charactar at least, instead of Myrtle it could be Rowena Rawenclaw or something...

I'm not into these micro buildings either. I suspected we would get more of them for each year but I'd hope that HP wouldn't go all in SW steps with only nano buildings like they did (except for the couch with Slughorn)..

I like that they included the nano figs of the dementors though.

I really want some more leaks of the D2C set! I'm really courios how it would look!

Promobricks seems to be teasing something in their current Instagram story regarding the Hogwarts Express for August 16th, if I'm understanding correctly.

2 hours ago, deskp said:

did anyone end up doing this physically yet?

<photo>

I did and in person it is much better.

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Promobricks seems to be teasing something in their current Instagram story regarding the Hogwarts Express for August 16th, if I'm understanding correctly.

Yeah. It’s been previously rumoured that the set might be revealed on that day, and I think promobricks are hereby confirming it :classic:

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah. It’s been previously rumoured that the set might be revealed on that day, and I think promobricks are hereby confirming it :classic:

Promobricks had now explained the meaning of there post, saying: ''There seems to be some confusion. The set will include a 8x16 printed tile featuring the ticket to Hogwarts. But the reveal should also be the August 16th." 

12 hours ago, mark1991t said:

I did and in person it is much better.

do you have a picture? :D

^^Muppets CMF

41 minutes ago, deskp said:

do you have a picture? :D

I did my best. I used the CMF midlegpiece instead of a fullsize-one because of the nice printing.

IMG-20220807-131035.jpg

I’ve been trying to put my thoughts together regarding the AC, and still haven’t come to a conclusion about it… while i really enjoy the fact that it explores all movies (similar to this year sets) other things are just weird choices…

regarding minifigures: 1) harry the necessary evil in all sets, not much else to say xD 2) moaning myrtle, while i would have a enjoyed a different character as the CMF is perfect, this is a choice that makes sense for lego: they have the bathroom set currently on sale, with no myrtle for the kids that werent able to get her through the cmf; her inclusion makes it possible for them to get her at the same window of availability of the bathroom set (plus the hairpiece in black is a nice addition). 3) Sirius - while i’m always glad for a new variation of a character specially with an obscure outfit, i never in the more than 100 times that i have watched PoA realized that the wanted picture of sirius was a differente outfit from his prisioner one… while i appreciate it, i would have rather they just reused his prisioner outfit from the shack or the escape set, and used the new to print to actually make slughorn pijamas. 4) Voldy - a really cool variation, and a much needed minifig since 2019. 5) Tonks - amazing to see her here with the duck face 6) snape- honestly the most disappointing one… dont really care for his moments outfit, and would’ve rather have shlughorn in his pijamas replace him, and have sirius as a repeat minifg… 7) neville - fantastic addition!

regarding the minibuilds, while i love some of them, like the demenotrs in the lake, the burrow, the mini knight bus… i’m also really tired of the same repeats: pensive, goblet of fire and triwizard cup….i would rather get more christmas trees or silly house flags over these same specific builds over qnd over again…

Turns out, it‘s wall decoration found in the reopened Leicester Square store:

https://blocksmag.com/first-look-inside-the-worlds-biggest-lego-store/

*Putting on tinfoil hat*

A Gringotts goblin illustration complete with new mould next to a huge Gringotts model including the dragon? Would they include this in the flagship store if they didn‘t have any plans? 2023 may finally be the year :excited:

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Turns out, it‘s wall decoration found in the reopened Leicester Square store:

https://blocksmag.com/first-look-inside-the-worlds-biggest-lego-store/

*Putting on tinfoil hat*

A Gringotts goblin illustration complete with new mould next to a huge Gringotts model including the dragon? Would they include this in the flagship store if they didn‘t have any plans? 2023 may finally be the year :excited:

I'd love that to be the case, but you could also, very convincingly, argue that as it's all set in London, and a huge tourist attraction in London, in a store that will also be a huge tourist attraction in London, they are catering to their target market very well, and nothing more. :cry_sad:

7 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'd love that to be the case, but you could also, very convincingly, argue that as it's all set in London, and a huge tourist attraction in London, in a store that will also be a huge tourist attraction in London, they are catering to their target market very well, and nothing more. :cry_sad:

Exactly. So wouldn‘t it also make sense to sell that building located in London in their huge store in London? :tongue: I wouldn‘t be surprised if customers asked about that set every single day once they see that display

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. So wouldn‘t it also make sense to sell that building located in London in their huge store in London? :tongue: I wouldn‘t be surprised if customers asked about that set every single day once they see that display

Make sense + LEGO is probably in the top 10 of oxymorons though... :laugh:

24 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Make sense + LEGO is probably in the top 10 of oxymorons though... :laugh:

…Fair enough :tongue: Still, why would you advertise a product you don‘t sell 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

…Fair enough :tongue: Still, why would you advertise a product you don‘t sell 

There are plenty of things they make up as large models and have in artworks that they don't sell. But in this case it's clearly a prime candidate for a product that would fly off the shelves - with both wizards and muggles alike. Still, learnt many times not to get hopes up too much based on this kind of thing.

I could see the Goblin showing up in a winter set (maybe in one of those 'experience' sets), at least it seems possible since the other figure designs all seem to come from real sets. But that's about all I could see coming of this (and even that seems a bit too optimistic).

I think with all the large HP sets on shelves right now it seems pretty unlikely that we're going to see a proper Gringotts in the immediate future (at least not until one of the other large sets retires). I do think it's possible we'll see a couple of small Gringotts sets sooner rather than later. There's a good variety of scenes that happen in Gringotts and honestly it makes more sense for Lego to piece them out into different sets rather than trying to jam them all into one gigantic set (if they built Gringnott's in the style of the other Diagon Alley buildings there's no way that build would fit much more than the lobby and a vault).