Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

This wave has removed quite a few characters from the 'no minifig yet' list. As very minor characters like Pince and Sinistra have appeared, I have included quite a few with no dialogue. I've taken their debut film as the one where they have the biggest role, as characters like Pansy Parkinson appear in multiple films in the background but isn't an important character until HBP. 

PS: Lee Jordan, Alicia Spinnet, Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, Kings Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Grey Lady, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom

CoS: Millicent Bulstrode , Mr Mason, Mrs Mason, Ernie MacMillan, Penelope Clearwater 

PoA: Aunt Marge

GoF: Angelina Johnson, Roger Davies, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch Snr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bryce, Eloise Midgen

OotP: Mrs Figg, Zacharius Smith, Michael Corner, Amelia Bones, Dawlish, Antonio Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

HBP: Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggan, Marcus Belby, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson

DH: Charity Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphias Doge, Scabior, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Aberforth Dumbledore, Dirk Cresswell

Creatures: Norbert, Fang, Troll, Unicorn, Merpeople, Grindylow, Inferi, Ukrainian Ironbelly, Giants. 

Also Errol, Trevor, and Firenze's species have appeared, but not been named. Aside from Griphook, no other Goblins have appeared. I didn't include all the Slytherin Quidditch players but there are a few of em. I'm not sure if Dedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford are the two in the DA minifig pack so have included them. 

These characters could be devided into two categories, those who had somewhat impact on the story and we need them and those who are kinda obscure as they had almost no screen time or lines. I think we need Fang, Aunt Marge, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch Snr, Igor Karkaroff, Narcissa Malfoy (absolute must have character), Bill Weasley, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aberforth Dumbledore. With everyone else I woulld be happy to get them as minifigures, but they aren't very iconic or memorable to me.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

This wave has removed quite a few characters from the 'no minifig yet' list. As very minor characters like Pince and Sinistra have appeared, I have included quite a few with no dialogue. I've taken their debut film as the one where they have the biggest role, as characters like Pansy Parkinson appear in multiple films in the background but isn't an important character until HBP. 

PS: Lee Jordan, Alicia Spinnet, Tom, Dedalus Diggle, Doris Crockford, Kings Cross Guard, Prof Vector, Grey Lady, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Augusta Longbottom

CoS: Millicent Bulstrode , Mr Mason, Mrs Mason, Ernie MacMillan, Penelope Clearwater 

PoA: Aunt Marge

GoF: Angelina Johnson, Roger Davies, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch Snr, Prof Karkaroff, Amos Diggory, Frank Bryce, Eloise Midgen

OotP: Mrs Figg, Zacharius Smith, Michael Corner, Amelia Bones, Dawlish, Antonio Dolohov, Prof Grubbly-Plank

HBP: Narcissa Malfoy, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle, Romilda Vane, Leanne, Katie Bell, Cormac McLaggan, Marcus Belby, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson

DH: Charity Burbage, Bill Weasley, Mundungus Fletcher, Elphias Doge, Scabior, Rufus Scrimgeour, Xenophilius Lovegood, Aunt Muriel, Bathilda Bagshot, Aberforth Dumbledore, Dirk Cresswell

Creatures: Norbert, Fang, Troll, Unicorn, Merpeople, Grindylow, Inferi, Ukrainian Ironbelly, Giants. 

Also Errol, Trevor, and Firenze's species have appeared, but not been named. Aside from Griphook, no other Goblins have appeared. I didn't include all the Slytherin Quidditch players but there are a few of em. I'm not sure if Dedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford are the two in the DA minifig pack so have included them. 

I would add to PS the Bankteller Goblin (played by Warwick Davis) and Firenze and to PoA I would add Bem. They all have (minor) speaking roles.

It's going to be interesting to see if 2023 can top this year.  I have the feeling that it won't be much longer before we'll be getting remakes of the Hogwarts Express (which I'm pretty sure retires by the end of this year), Quidditch Match (retired as of the end of 2020) Hagrid's Hut and possibly the Knight Bus (both apparantly retired as of the end of last year)

Probably the best ways to change up potential remakes to keep them different and interesting:

Hogwarts Express: Base it on a different movie instead of POA, and include Hogsmeade Station instead of King's Cross.  Perhaps include the conductor, and some motorized functions would also be a welcome addition.  This could potentially end up at a far higher pricepoint than the 2018 version, depending on the approach used.

Quidditch Match: Base it on the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Match from POA, with the decorations removed from the stands leaving the wooden frames exposed.  Ideally an accessory pack would also be released around the same time for easy team building.

Hagrid's Hut: Base it on the Years 1-2 design, and include a baby Norbert.  We're already getting Buckbeak again in a new set anyways.

Knight Bus: Probably the trickiest one to make more distinct from the previous version.  Marge would be a good inclusion, and perhaps we could even get a small section of 12 Privet Drive with the kitchen/patio doorway as a sidebuild?

Edited by spiderfan2000

29 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It's going to be interesting to see if 2023 can top this year.  I have the feeling that it won't be much longer before we'll be getting remakes of the Hogwarts Express (which I'm pretty sure retires by the end of this year), Quidditch Match (retired as of the end of 2020) Hagrid's Hut and possibly the Knight Bus (both apparantly retired as of the end of last year)

Well good luck with remaking Knight Bus and Quidditch sets as with this two there is literally nothing left to improve. I don't think they will ever make full Quidditch pitch as a playset, and I was fine with buying two of 2018 versions. 2018 Hogwarts Express could be made better but not by much, I would only make carriage longer. Hagrid's Hut is the only remake that has a potential to be very different from previous version and I would totally buy it if they make it based on PS/CoS. I think 2023 wave will go full on DH movies.

Edited by Textorix

I agree it's only a matter of time until we see more straight remakes. It isn't about doing the sets better, but having the most iconic stuff on the shelves mixed with other things.

It's actually a testament to the Harry Potter team how little has been totally remade 1:1 after five years and even after a "soft reboot" of Hogwarts. They're finding ways to keep nearly all of the most iconic characters on shelves while still continuously delivering new stuff, catering to people who have buying HP since 2018 (or earlier if course) and those who might just be starting now.

You could pick up ONLY sets released in 2022 and for memorable Hogwarts staff you'd have Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, Trelawney, Filch, Pomfret, Lupin, Mad-Eye and Umbridge; you'd have various versions of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Luna and Malfoy; you'd have all the key Order of the Phoenix members including Sirius, the Weasley parents, Lupin, Tonks, Mad-Eye and Kingsley; there are only a few key characters like Hagrid, Ginny, Voldy and the film-specific DADA teachers that AREN'T includes this year alone. And yet not very much of that feels tired and retreaded for people that have been following along since the beginning.

I believe Malfoy is still missing, unless he's in the trunk? (In fact this year has been entirely Malfoy-free thus far as neither of his parents put in an appearance either... *oh2*) But with the addition of the inexpensive Polyjuice Potion Mistake set from last year, you'd have a reasonable Slytherin posse. Draco on his own always seems to lack the required oompf anyway. 

I agree they've done a wonderful job of giving us so many different characters this year. 

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

I'm not sure if Dedalus Diggle and Doris Crockford are the two in the DA minifig pack so have included them. 

I'd argue Doris and Dedalus were included in the AP but unnamed as relatively obscure. It helps keep people from becoming overly cynical about the inclusion of such rare characters while world building and rewarding the more enthusiastic fans who'd recognise them from the books and films. I think @deskp had included them in their wonderful flickr character / minifig matchup.

ETA: link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/47575695@N02/albums/72157688090925760/page1

They don't seem to be there, although I thought they had been at one time?

Edited by krimimimi

9 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I believe Malfoy is still missing, unless he's in the trunk? (In fact this year has been entirely Malfoy-free thus far as neither of his parents put in an appearance either... *oh2*

A version of him is in the trunk, but it weirdly uses Dudley's head, so not great. Lucius came in DA though his head was a boring reuse.

19 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

A NoseLess, snake-like Santa Claus? Man, he gonna terrorize children….

LEGO once made a Santa showering wearing a thong minifigure. Nothing can be scarier than that.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:26 PM, Textorix said:

Working on it :DDD

Insane ! Thanks so much !

Where did you buy "Sand green" pieces to replace old (2018) grey pieces ?

9 minutes ago, Maple said:

LEGO once made a Santa showering wearing a thong minifigure. Nothing can be scarier than that.

What?

18 hours ago, Textorix said:

J'ai donc trouvé un moyen de connecter deux nouveaux ensembles de Poudlard dans mon grand MOC de Poudlard (composé de tous les ensembles de Poudlard sortis à partir de 2018). Je les ai placés au milieu du château, et ils m'ont permis de le fermer complètement grâce à la possibilité de les connecter à un angle de 90 degrés. Lego devrait probablement faire un autre redémarrage de Poudlard l'année prochaine ou ne pas publier du tout d'autres ensembles de Poudlard, car j'ai atteint la capacité maximale de cette disposition, donc tout ensemble supplémentaire de Poudlard ne rentrerait plus  : DDD .... peut-être une tour Owlery ce serait cool mais c'est tout

vkmeNBo.jpg

cv4LsaH.jpg

FcxnNml.jpg

That's wonderful.

Do you have a complete version of what we could do with all the Hogwarts sets released since 2018, for those who don't have MOCS and additions ?
See what it could give on the same idea for those who only have the "official" sets...
This is my case and I no longer know how to do something coherent...
(If we don't have bridge, rocks under castle, two towers, etc)

Last question, the two towers, is it possible to buy them somewhere ?
Thanks so much.

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What?

2010 City Advent Calendar:

lego-santa-showering.jpg

Just now, Spinozartre said:

That's wonderful.

Do you have a complete version of what we could do with all the Hogwarts sets released since 2018, for those who don't have MOCS and additions ?
See what it could give on the same idea for those who only have the "official" sets...

Thanks so much.

You need to buy the instructions on Rebrickable and then purchase all the parts yourself I believe.

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What?

Somewhat bizarrely he wears a hat in addition to the thong. And not a shower cap either, it's the cloth wrap / bandana piece generally reserved for pirates. Day 18 of the 2010 City calendar. I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time... :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Somewhat bizarrely he wears a hat in addition to the thong. And not a shower cap either, it's the cloth wrap / bandana piece generally reserved for pirates. Day 18 of the 2010 City calendar. I'm sure it made perfect sense at the time... :laugh: 

That *was* ‘Santa’s Hat’ back in those days. You kids don’t know the struggles we had making do with these things … 😆

55 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

2010 City Advent Calendar:

lego-santa-showering.jpg

32 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

:look:

32 minutes ago, williejm said:

That *was* ‘Santa’s Hat’ back in those days. You kids don’t know the struggles we had making do with these things … 😆

I'm still hoping for McGonagall in a sleeping bonnet and bathrobe, just in case there wasn't a mould for that form. (I'm not sure if that's why it wasn't used on showering Santa instead?) And while I frankly can't recall if we ever saw him in his sleepwear, I'd like a knobby-kneed Snape in nightshirt to go with it for parity, pirate hat sleeping cap optional. :laugh:

@Seaber did we ever see Wilkie Twycross in the films, or was he strictly a book character?

41 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

:look:

Exactly. :laugh:

Thank you Chris for posting the picture.

1 hour ago, Spinozartre said:

That's wonderful.

Thanks so much.

Thank you so much. Actually this started as just combining the official sets with no additional bricks. If you look at my old posts on my Instagram you can find versions with just official sets. To your last question, yes the Bell Towers is a MOC by JL Bricks that you can buy on Rebrickable (Instructions) and parts for it on BrickLink. I have built it in real life and it looks amazing.

2 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

Insane ! Thanks so much !

Where did you buy "Sand green" pieces to replace old (2018) grey pieces ?

I didn't buy them, I built this MOC only as 3D digital model in stud.io program (planning to make it IRL tho). But you can buy all grey roof pieces for cheap on BrickLink.

@DBlegonerd7 Grimmauld Place description is finished except for the word for the sides of stairs. (Not treads, not risers... Architecture is challenging.) 

ETA: Stringers! :grin:

Edited by krimimimi

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

@Seaber did we ever see Wilkie Twycross in the films, or was he strictly a book character?

Book only :) 

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Exactly. :laugh:

Thank you Chris for posting the picture.

:iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@DBlegonerd7 Grimmauld Place description is finished except for the word for the sides of stairs. (Not treads, not risers... Architecture is challenging.) 

ETA: Stringers! :grin:

Thank you for trying your best regarding desiring archiecture! I saw that description and, I gotta say, it’s so helpful! YOU ROCK! :thumbup:

139026088_ScreenShot2022-04-10at2_14_01PM.jpg.9651ba39d413da879382778ec6f2cfec.jpg

Is there a mechanism to make the Pensieve move up, or is this a poorly done render? It looks like it's placed in the center of the grill floor in the other photos

@evanevanevan The bay window on the top floor extends outwards three studs further than the ground floor, so it's eleven studs deep instead of the usual eight. It's possible the Pensieve is pushed forwards into that bay window. The grey circular plate is 4x4, so it should fit, located at studs 7-10 from the front edge. 

Edited by krimimimi

23 minutes ago, chrisincanada said:

Happy page 100 all!!! Now on to 200 with the help of the D2C...

And the Advent Calendar & hopefully a GWP or two.

We're 166 pages behind last year's thread though.

Edited by karrit