Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

is it possible that there will be more than the nine minifigures reported by promobricks in the sanctum? 

I don't know anything obviously, but when the Bugle was announced - wasn't it believed for the longest time that there was around 15 figures (I can't remember the exact number)? Then the final number was 25.

Edited by SEmrys

A list for the first wave of Multiverse of Madness leaked including;

Strange and Two Variants

Two Variants of Wong

Scarlet Witch 

America Chavez 

Mordo

Christine Palmer 

and Rintrah 

If Lego got the same concept art to work from then Palmer and Rintrah could be a strong possibility for the Sanctum set. 

Edited by AndrewCole14

I'm very surprised we're not getting Dormamu as a minifig. Maybe he'll be a brick-built character or something?

Is that hint from promobricks insta story about ninjago set images? …or more marvel news?

Edited by BusterNut31

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Rintrah’s more than just confirmed, he’s shown in the second trailer :laugh:

Plus he's the Build A Figure from the MOM Marvel Legends wave that was revealed in December

4 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I don't know anything obviously, but when the Bugle was announced - wasn't it believed for the longest time that there was around 15 figures (I can't remember the exact number)? Then the final number was 25.

When the bugle first leaked we were told it would have at least 15 minifigures. My theory, which others may be able to confirm or debunk, is that this inital leak cam from preliminary images of the box art, where only around 15 minifigures were visible on the front. I feel like with the sanctum being smaller, and not a "public" building like the Bugle, they'd be less likely to hide minifgs inside, but who knows for sure?

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

Is that hint from promobricks insta story about ninjago set images? …or more marvel news?

Good question… It could hint at more Infinity Saga sets, but it’d be way too soon after the last batch of news :wacko: Ninjago also doesn’t make much sense considering we’ve already had those descriptions for a while now

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good question… It could hint at more Infinity Saga sets, but it’d be way too soon after the last batch of news :wacko: Ninjago also doesn’t make much sense considering we’ve already had those descriptions for a while now

My first thought when we saw that was the Marvel Accessory pack, since that's still suppose to be coming in April

20 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

My first thought when we saw that was the Marvel Accessory pack, since that's still suppose to be coming in April

I’m curious to see that already.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, DaleCooperFBI said:

Mickey Rourke-Heads are eating good tonight :pir_tong2: 

That will forever be the Mickey Rourke emoji for me :laugh: I was just thinking about how much we were missing Vanko as a figure.

Also, idc what anyone says - Whiplash was Zemo before Zemo in these movies.

They definitely flopped on how they portrayed him (could have been so much more menacing, had more fleshed out ideas, more screen time to show who he really is, etc.) and I hated his character walking out of theaters, but in the last few years I’ve come around and realized he was a pretty decent villain for a sequel movie and at the very least was a fun one.

7 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

A list for the first wave of Multiverse of Madness leaked including;

Strange and Two Variants

Two Variants of Wong

Scarlet Witch 

America Chavez 

Mordo

Christine Palmer 

and Rintrah 

If Lego got the same concept art to work from then Palmer and Rintrah could be a strong possibility for the Sanctum set. 

Where did you see 2 variants of wong

the list was

strange, scarlett witch, wong, mordo, iron man, spiderman, 2 variants of strange and an unknown fig on IG

4 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Where did you see 2 variants of wong

the list was

strange, scarlett witch, wong, mordo, iron man, spiderman, 2 variants of strange and an unknown fig on IG

His list refers to rumored Funko Pops for the film. It listed Supreme Wong and Defender Wong plus the others.

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

His list refers to rumored Funko Pops for the film. It listed Supreme Wong and Defender Wong plus the others.

Ok I thought we were talking about the Lego set

6 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Wait, are we getting more Marvel news today? 

I know we still haven't seen any details regarding the Infinity Saga accessory pack or that last Thor Love and Thunder set

On 2/25/2022 at 8:03 PM, AndrewCole14 said:

Anyone have any thoughts/speculation about what the remaining August/September sets will be based on or include?

We are very likely to have more sets in June/July - would not dismiss that, we just don't know specifics currently. This year feels similar to last, when the 'legacy' sets surprised us. Only this time we have a hint to them with a few revealed or announced sets.

My general expectations is that this year is a focus towards Phase 1 as a method of celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Avengers:

Iron Man

Other than Ho Yinsen, most the characters will have been represented at this point, so instead to celebrate Iron Man we'd get the IW Hulkbuster (76215? mentioned by Promobricks) and the 76206 brick-built character figure, though that is also based off another film. We'd also have Stark/Avengers tower though that would be the big set and more a celebration of Avengers as a whole.

The Incredible Hulk:

Given the recasting of Bruce and the alterations to Hulk's design it is more likely we'll get a set that's tied into She-Hulk featuring Bruce Banner, Big Fig Abomination and She-Hulk. This sort of gives us Abomination who was the main villain of The Incredible Hulk and cameo'd in Shang-Chi, however it'd obviously be an altered version of these characters that they could release claiming it was inspired by She-Hulk.

Thor:

With the Thor L&T sets and the '76209: Thor's Hammer', it's unlikely we'll get another Thor set later in the year - but if we do I'd lean to the set featuring Sif (Tie-in to Thor L&T). Alternatively, it'd make more sense for them to adapt from Thor 2 which would give them more to work with for the characters such as The Warriors Three, Heimdall, Malekith, Kurse, Odin and Frigga having more of a role in the story/focus.

Iron Man 2:

With recent sets and the addition of '76216 Iron Man 2 Workshop', we have most the characters covered, however with Lego's desire to make mechs I would not be surprised if we see a set featuring: Iron Man MK6, War Machine MK1 and a brick-built Whiplash MK2 with Justin Hammer in the mech. In the film it was Ivan Vanko, but having this as an 'inspired by' set, we'd change it to Justin Hammer giving us a movie-version of his character. For anyone wanting to replicate the film they can simply swap him out with the Ivan Vanko included in 76216.

Captain America 1:

Given we have a lot of the main characters released recently, I'd lean more towards a Captain America 2 inspired set. This set would feature Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Batroc The Leaper. Similarly this would be inspired by Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but would feature a twist with Captain America in his stealth suit fighting Batroc while Black Widow faces off against the Winter Soldier.

The Avengers:

The $500 set would probably be Stark Tower, a celebration of 2012's Avengers:

1. Iron Man MK7 (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  2. Captain America (Printed Torso with Dual molded printed Legs/Arms)
  3. Thor (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  4. Hulk (Big Fig, Legacy Thanos style)
  5. Black Widow (Printed Torso/Legs)
  6. Hawkeye (Printed Torso/Legs)
  7. Loki (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  8. Phil Coulson (Printed Torso)
  9. Tony Stark (Printed Torso - 'Black Sabbath' style T-Shirt)
  10. Pepper Potts (Printed Arms/Torso/Legs)
  11. Eric Selvig (Printed Torso/Arms)
  12. Nick Fury (Repeat from 76216?)
  13. Maria Hill (Printed Torso/Arms - Shield Logo is only print on arms so can be used for other Shield Agents)

Chitauri could be included to fill the figure count with characters from Avengers AoU also possible though would take focus away from it being a celebration of the 2012 film/Phase 1. If the Doctor Strange Sanctum can have 9 figures for $210 then, depending on build complexity, I could see including 13 characters (One of which being a big fig) in a $500 set. It'd probably be possible to modify the set to have it resemble Avengers Tower and the Lego marketing would probably label it as such, but the pieces included would only allow you to replicate its appearance in Avengers.

So did the Promobricks hint play out to anything, or was it specifically Ninjago? I haven’t seen any references to it either way since then.

Modular buildings are some of my fave sets so I've been eagerly anticipating the reveal of a Sanctum Santorium. With discussions of the minifigs I'm suddenly realizing that it might not be as detailed or interesting as I would like considering it will include so many minifigs. A typical modular building set has what 4 or more UNLICENSED minifigs? If the Sanctum Santorium is around $210 US and including so many minifigs that concerns me slightly. Many reference the minifigs/characters in the Daily Bugle BUT that is a much more expensive set and altho the build is ..good.. it is exclusive characters like Daredevil that make me consider buying the Daily Bugle (and so far I've resisted the purchase). 

Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed with the Sanctum Santorium.

29 minutes ago, teamzissou said:

Modular buildings are some of my fave sets so I've been eagerly anticipating the reveal of a Sanctum Santorium. With discussions of the minifigs I'm suddenly realizing that it might not be as detailed or interesting as I would like considering it will include so many minifigs. A typical modular building set has what 4 or more UNLICENSED minifigs? If the Sanctum Santorium is around $210 US and including so many minifigs that concerns me slightly. Many reference the minifigs/characters in the Daily Bugle BUT that is a much more expensive set and altho the build is ..good.. it is exclusive characters like Daredevil that make me consider buying the Daily Bugle (and so far I've resisted the purchase). 

Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed with the Sanctum Santorium.

Frankly, I would expect a nice build for the Sanctum. The Bugle had the minifigures that it did with 3772 pieces for $300, and it had a full interior and exterior build. Say what you will about the exterior, but as someone who owns the set, I find it very nice for what it's trying to do. I would expect, given the 2708 pieces for $210 for the Sanctum, and the lack of minifigures, that LEGO went into more detail for the build at the expense of figures, if anything. I suppose only time will tell though. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The Avengers:

The $500 set would probably be Stark Tower, a celebration of 2012's Avengers:

1. Iron Man MK7 (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  2. Captain America (Printed Torso with Dual molded printed Legs/Arms)
  3. Thor (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  4. Hulk (Big Fig, Legacy Thanos style)
  5. Black Widow (Printed Torso/Legs)
  6. Hawkeye (Printed Torso/Legs)
  7. Loki (Printed Torso/Legs/Arms)
  8. Phil Coulson (Printed Torso)
  9. Tony Stark (Printed Torso - 'Black Sabbath' style T-Shirt)
  10. Pepper Potts (Printed Arms/Torso/Legs)
  11. Eric Selvig (Printed Torso/Arms)
  12. Nick Fury (Repeat from 76216?)
  13. Maria Hill (Printed Torso/Arms - Shield Logo is only print on arms so can be used for other Shield Agents)

Chitauri could be included to fill the figure count with characters from Avengers AoU also possible though would take focus away from it being a celebration of the 2012 film/Phase 1. If the Doctor Strange Sanctum can have 9 figures for $210 then, depending on build complexity, I could see including 13 characters (One of which being a big fig) in a $500 set. It'd probably be possible to modify the set to have it resemble Avengers Tower and the Lego marketing would probably label it as such, but the pieces included would only allow you to replicate its appearance in Avengers.

Realistically its gonna be around the size of the Bugle so I really cannot see Lego having the parts to swap between the two just because of how many parts would be needed for the party deck of Avengers Tower. Mine is pictured in my display pic and its gonna have like a quarter of that amount of pcs.

Lego would include extra parts for changing small things akin to Builboards but not a entire couple floors of a tower.

Whilst I want it to be Stark Tower I feel the the AoU Avengers tower seems much more likely due to the sheer amount of interior scenes we got that Lego can copy. 
there is enough however if they capitalize on the  lobby area.

Realistically they could do Five floors:

Three floors of a Open Lobby for a Cap VS Cap with a bunch of offices and the cafe at the bottom. Would work great for easter eggs via stickers. (Fun fact the CGI team just copied the DNEG food area in their offices)

fourth floor would be mainly the landing deck, The Interior for this floor could be a simple bedroom.

The Stark sogn here would hve the obvious play feature of Knocking the S T R and K off.

Fifth floor could be somewhat a bit taller than the other floors, it needs the External Armor Gantry but could include the curved bridge below for Thor Vs Loki, I could see them skipping the balcony though! The lounge and MiniBar along with the Mk7 make sense as central features, maybe play features to eject a window and a minifig then a seperate one to shoot the pod out the window.

Roof makes sense for Selvig and the portal machine.

I would love them to push for 6 floors though giving a floor for the Thor Vs Loki fight meaning we get the gantry, balcony and landing pad the top three external features. 

Edited by Ghostcat

Sooooooo… the only solid proof of Baron Mordo allegedly leaked piece can also be for long awaited lego theme Avatar which shows a new leak of their head mold. Does this debunk the Sanctum again? 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sooooooo… the only solid proof of Baron Mordo allegedly leaked piece can also be for long awaited lego theme Avatar which shows a new leak of their head mold. Does this debunk the Sanctum again? 

No, because Promobricks backed up the Sanctum rumours with descriptions :tongue:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, because Promobricks backed up the Sanctum rumours with descriptions :tongue:

I trust Promobricks coz they are reputable when it comes to this thing, maybe the hairpiece isn’t really for Mordo after all. It’s just that with the recent happening my mind is playing with me. 

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

No, this changes nothing for Sanctum.

It's just that this hairpiece wasn't intended for Mordo, which people thought it was.