Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't see them doing avengers tower at 450 pcs less than the Bugle. I feel like they'd want to make it the biggest one.

Oscorp would be nice but like you said, too soon, same with Baxter Building. I feel like it's even possible for DC to be an on the table just given the few options for a marvel one.

That said, I suppose it doesn't have to be a building, right? Who's to say it's not a large Milano or brick-built Iron man statue or something?

That's true. The piece counts for the Black Panther bust, 1989 Batmobile and SHIELD Helicarrier are not far off from it either so it could very well be anything.

Edited by wesker

Maybe it's an UCS Morbius boat from the hit movie Morbius (2022)?

(Is there a boat, right? I haven't actually seen the movie)

((I also have exactly one joke))

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

There's the iconic car from the post credits, which would clearly be the UCS set. Comes with new morbius and vulture figs, and a plaque that lists every stat about the car as "3 morbillion"

There is a boat, though Morbius attacks the inhabitants of it so clearly it must be a villain boat.

5 hours ago, wesker said:

That's true. The piece counts for the Black Panther bust, 1989 Batmobile and SHIELD Helicarrier are not far off from it either so it could very well be anything.

We really don't know, like you say. Though I would count against it being a modular.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, the 200€ set has over 3,100 pieces.

I hope it's not another bust or something as pointless and ugly tho :tongue:

Captain America shield :(

53 minutes ago, hvader said:

haha sure!  well anything from Captain America has the potential to give us the costumes from the first two movies

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Obviously it's the subway station where he first figures put how to fly (or something like that, it's been a while since I watched it). 

Relatively small update, but a few things:

• Pricing and piece count to some of the sets.
  • 76222 has appeared, probably DC, but it's on the list till confirmation.
  • Brickfanatics reported in November 76250 & 76251 are helmets.
  • Site listing the Ant-Man 3 set as a January 1st release, doubt, keeping it as unknown
  • Improved dates for release

Theorising for a second, one helmet is releasing in April so could easily see that being Starlord as it's releasing with the GotG sets and potentially the other helmet for Spider-man as we've been waiting on that one for a while.

Updated list:

Spoiler

JANUARY 2023: (Total 7)

• 76241: Hulk Mech Armor
  • 76242: Thanos Mech Armor
  • 76243: Rocket Mech Armor
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius
  • 76245: Ghost Rider Mech & Bike
  • 76247: The Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet

FEBRUARY 2023 (Just a polybag):

MARCH 2023 (Total 3)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: $79.99 (Helmet?)
  • 76253: 'Headquarters' (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: 'Spaceship' (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs) 

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76232: $89.99 (Captain Marvel 2)

JUNE 2023 (Total 4 and a polybag):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 7):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 7):

Rumored sets:

• CMF Licensed series rumored for 2023, could be Marvel
  • Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest. 

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • 76221 is Batmobile Flash Tracking, $44.99, releasing May 1st
  • 76257, 76258, 76259 have same box size, may be related wave?

4 hours ago, hvader said:

Realistically we got Thor's Hammer, it's only a matter of time till we get the shield.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:32 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

The 18+ set only has around 450 fewer pieces than the Daily Bugle, so that is the size and price that we should expect.

Eh, It could also wind up being a smaller more detailed building like the Sanctum or perhaps not even a building at all :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There is a boat, though Morbius attacks the inhabitants of it so clearly it must be a villain boat.

He hired them to do illegal stuff on the open sea, so technically he's the villain and slaughtering his own men. Yes I have witnessed Morbius

On 12/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Updated:
76262 - {Unknown} / 3128 Pieces / 18+

The Infinity Saga: Iron Man, Mark 48: The Hulkbuster MK2 featuring the same Bruce Banner figure as in the smaller one :tongue:

56 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

He hired them to do illegal stuff on the open sea, so technically he's the villain and slaughtering his own men

In that case, both evil deeds cancel each other out, making Dr Michael Morbius at your service a real hero.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though I would count against it being a modular.

Assuming it's a Marvel set (which seens pretty likely) I agree it probably is not a modular, mostly because the only building they could make next is an Avenger Towers and they'd want it to be bigger.

It's probably not an OLD vehicle either because I don't think we have to revisit any memorable vehicle. The most notables are the Benathar and the Quinjet, and we just got both of them.

Maybe a new vehicle we're yet to see in a future movie? Maybe a bust?

Or maybe... It has to do with Spider-man, I think.

A Captain America shield would be cool, I have the iron man helmet, hammer and gold gauntlet (and want the red one) and more buildable things would be cool.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, Scarilian said:

Has anyone done any revamps of the Hulkbuster (76210) yet? @Ransom Fern

It's in progress, but manage your expectations. I have given up on many much less intimidating projects.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

He hired them to do illegal stuff on the open sea, so technically he's the villain and slaughtering his own men. Yes I have witnessed Morbius

How dare you accuse Morbius of being a villain. Also wait, it's been awhile, but now that I think about it didn't Milo kill those guys? That movie was like a fever dream. (And I have actually had a fever dream....do not recommend.)

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How dare you accuse Morbius of being a villain. Also wait, it's been awhile, but now that I think about it didn't Milo kill those guys? That movie was like a fever dream. (And I have actually had a fever dream....do not recommend.)

Having seen this today for the first time, Morbster killed the guys on the boat.

YES!! Excellent news :excited: Not gonna be easy to fit all of the new shows in (assuming it‘s actually again based on D+ content). Unless they ditch What If this time :laugh:

I'm happy we're getting another, but upset that we're moving them to boxes. I'll buy Moon Knight and DD off bricklink. 

-Again, that assumes we get those figs. Here's my guesses based off the original one only containing figs based off currently released/releasing shows, and a 12 fig count:

VERY CONFIDENT:

Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

Moon Knight

Mr. Knight

She Hulk

Ms. Marvel

Nick Fury

2x what if figures

Options for remaining 3 figs:

DD, Echo (Show was supposed to release before the release date of the CMF), Layla, Harrow, Talos, Werewolf, Elsa, another Ms Marvel fig, or more what if figs.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I am rather unsurprised, but still quite happy hahaha. The first Marvel CMF seemingly sold very, very well, so it makes sense that the Lego wanted their first boxed series to be its follow-up.

As for characters, I guess there are a few shoo-ins if it's a Disney+ line-up again; Kate Bishop, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Agatha, and Echo for sure, and probably Werewolf by Night and Nick Fury? That leaves room for some other characters like another Ironheart, a What If...? character or two, and maybe, just maybe, an X-Men '97 character—though I won't get my hopes up too much. Exciting nonetheless.

Edit: I totally forgot about Daredevil because the show isn't coming out until 2024, but that would certainly be my favourite of the bunch!

Edited by VincentLord
A big oversight :)

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm happy we're getting another, but upset that we're moving them to boxes. 

Presumably they'll do boxes of 6 unique figures so you can get at least half in one go. Everyone I'd seen buying 2  boxes from the lego website got the whole set in one go but presumably the whole point of the boxes means this is less likely. 

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Jokes on us though when its 50% What If and now in boxes so you cant find the ones you want 😅

With season two coming next year, this wouldn't come as a surprise. I just hope they're new and interesting variants and not just Peggy in a new uniform.

I'm incredibly excited for this series, but it feels impossible to predict anything right now. This year we've got: Secret Invasion, Loki S2, Ironheart, What If...? S2, and X-Men '97. But then they might also revisit projects like: Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, and Werewolf by Night. Or they may also revisit shows from the last series with characters like Zemo and Agatha. So many options.

I’ve been predicting this for a while but confirmation of another Marvel series in fall 2023 is nice to hear. I’m going to miss hunting for CMFs with this change to boxes, but it’s incredibly easy to just buy complete series online these days. I did it with Marvel Series One after all.

I imagine another twelve figure series, with two figures dedicated to Hawkeye, six dedicated to the 2022 shows and the remaining four dedicated to two of next year’s confirmed live action series. I don’t see Lego doubling back to cover series that were already represented in Series One, and I’d imagine that there still won’t be many villains. My roster prediction is:

-Clint Barton

-Kate Bishop with Pizza Dog

-Moon Knight

-Mr. Knight

-Scarlet Scarab

-Ms. Marvel

-She Hulk

-Red/Gold Daredevil

-Two figures dedicated to Secret Invasion, one of which will probably be Nick Fury.

-Two figures dedicated to Loki Season Two, one of which will probably be a new Loki outfit and the other may be Mobius.

I have a gut feeling that we’ll see the animated series (What If? Season Two and X-Men ‘97) represented in set form and Ironheart will probably be excluded like Hawkeye was from the first series as it’ll probably come out later in the year. Heck, since Lego loves making Iron Man suits, I could potentially see that series actually getting a set. I don’t see us getting Werewolf By Night figures either.

Edited by The Stud

I thought I'd be excited, but I genuinely don't care anymore.

All the series after Loki were either awful or forgettable. Not a single one I'd like to have something from on my display.

The only minifigures I'd consider buying would be from Werewolf by Night and Loki.

Another CMF line sounds great. Definitely expecting to see Hawkeye and Moon Knight among the shows included this time around.

I really hope they leave out Ms. Marvel though. She's pretty much guaranteed to show up in The Marvels set (76232). Do we really want her wasting a spot in the CMF line that could easily go to someone like Daredevil, Agatha or Zemo?

17 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I have a gut feeling that we’ll see the animated series (What If? Season Two and X-Men ‘97) represented in set form

I'm completely okay with that. The most important thing with X-Men 97 is getting the complete team. A CMF series that only includes Wolverine and Storm but completely ignores Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee is not going to cut it. It would be much easier to include everyone in a proper set like the Blackbird.

If X-Men 97 does have a presence in the CMF series I rather they focus on the supporting characters from the new season like Mr. Sinister, Nightcrawler, Cable, Bishop or Emma Frost.

Im excited for Marvel CMF 2 but would prefer a Comic/X-Men 97/Infinity Saga version of CMF. If it is D+ series then hope its new Characters instead of variants of figures that have already appeared before with some villain inclusion. Kingpin in his Shirt from Hawkeye is primed for a CMF appearance.