Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They only seem to feature a character‘s nose if it‘s an essential element to their design, like in Dobby‘s case :classic: The noses of the Na‘vi aren‘t pronounced enough to justify them being part of their minifig designs IMO

*cough* we have Griphook and he doesn’t have nose. I guess aliens probably would join Voldemort’s NoseLess with Captain Hook and Griphook. 

I hope we will get more info soon on the theme, I'm pretty hyped for it. Lots of potential. 

11 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I hope we will get more info soon on the theme, I'm pretty hyped for it. Lots of potential. 

I think we still have at least 6 months, if not more. We are just now getting info on the May - June non-license sets. Heck Jurassic World sets come out in less than 3 months and we know nothing about them.

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@Hoth Rebel confirmed it, so at least there's that :laugh:

OK, good. 👍
I am still going to take this with more salt than normal, however, especially considering the weird Tower of Fate rumour situation. 😕

27 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OK, good. 👍
I am still going to take this with more salt than normal, however, especially considering the weird Tower of Fate rumour situation. 😕

Indeed. I can't recall there EVER appearing this many false rumours so close together, with even trusted leakers falling for them :sceptic: Better to take everything with a grain of salt these days

TThat d*ckhead Mr. No is a real loser here on Eurobricks for sure. But I’m glad Avatar and Indiana Jones themes are real. I won’t ever miss Mr. No here.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OK, good. 👍

I don’t know what is Tower of Fate so I guess I should not look into it!

On 2/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, TurinTheGreat said:

When are we getting set lists? Is the theme real? Because there are no news on it or the theme is kept a secret to avoid spoilers until trailer? 

The theme has been confirmed by reputable leakers, but at this point we don't have any other information. I wouldn't expect to see set lists or much more info for a little bit, at least, especially as they likely won't release until around October to coincide with the December movie release. 

Looks like a new prototype headpiece leaked that could belong to Avatar *huh* According to @Brick Clicker, the theme could launch in April with the set numbers 77012-77015.

I still think swapping the Indy and Avatar releases would make A LOT more sense, but alas…

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like a new prototype headpiece leaked that could belong to Avatar *huh* According to @Brick Clicker, the theme could launch in April with the set numbers 77012-77015.

I still think swapping the Indy and Avatar releases would make A LOT more sense, but alas…

How weird, the head shape almost looks like a minidoll. I haven't really haven't cared about this theme up until this point, but these definitely pique my interest. If there's a small set with one of these figs in it, I'll pick it up for sure.

Nothing about this release date makes any sense though. It almost makes me wonder if these are based on the first movie.

9 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Nothing about this release date makes any sense though. It almost makes me wonder if these are based on the first movie.

Indeed. Even if they intend to release sets based on both films, wouldn‘t they do so simultaneously, or at least in close proximity? :wacko:

Also, if the sets are truly scheduled for April, why don‘t we have names, part counts, and prices yet? And shouldn‘t proper factory leaks have started already (meaning finished rather than prototype parts)? :laugh:

I don‘t mean to question the leakers, it‘s just pretty unusual timing

Edit: And where‘s the press release? New licensed themes usually get a big announcement on social media months before the sets launch, especially when they‘re based on upcoming films…

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. Even if they intend to release sets based on both films, wouldn‘t they do so simultaneously, or at least in close proximity? :wacko:

The only theme I can recall that released sets based on older and new releasing instalments simultaneously was PotC. All the other themes to do both had a wave based on the older film(s) and then later the same year a wave based on the new ones. Starting way back with Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Lord of the Rings also followed that pattern. Not saying it means anything, but it would make enough sense to see a small wave based on the first film and then a wave based on the second closer to its release.

That said, I don't really see how there's enough material for two full blown waves, especially as there will probably be considerable visual overlap between the first and the second. A set or two based on the first film could be a nice teaser if the theme to come.

The leaked mould looks a bit larger than a normal minifig head, hopefully this means everything else will be larger too. I'd be disappointed if they just used regular sized minifig parts.

Any thoughts on how they are gonna do the exo packs? I'm predicting dual sided face prints, but I would much prefer something physical

19 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

The leaked mould looks a bit larger than a normal minifig head, hopefully this means everything else will be larger too. I'd be disappointed if they just used regular sized minifig parts.

Any thoughts on how they are gonna do the exo packs? I'm predicting dual sided face prints, but I would much prefer something physical

Exo parts?

11 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

https://james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Exopack

I guess they're spelled exopack, but they are the breathing masks that humans need to survive on Pandora

Oh! Now I got you.

I sure hope they do exopacks for this Avatar theme. It would be amazing. 

And I agree with you, I would be disappointed seeing a larger head with a nomral-sized minifigure body. 

At first glance the leaked head looked like a duplo piece to me :laugh: The previously leaked hair piece’s bar at the bottom makes sense now since it could be to attach the bow they use in the movies :wink:

Guess we get an AMP suit based on first film, perhaps a helicopter, maybe some alien animals and the sequel sets will have the sea crwatures, crab submarine mecha and other things we haven't seen yet. The sequel takes place like 10 years after the first. Wonder how Quaritch returns. 

My speculation based on what we know, not a leak btw!!! 

Wave 1 - April 

Consists of 4 sets, all based on the first Avatar film. 

-1 AMP suit based on final battle, includes Jake, Neytiri and Quaritch. 

-A Banshee set. 

-Perhaps a Scorpion Gunship, depending on how military does Lego consider it. 

-A small Thanator set, includes Navi Jake and Neytiri. 

-This wave is an introduction of the theme. 

Then I see another wave in september based on Avatar 2 with a crab mecha submarine, some creatures, more vehicles and perhaps a Navi hut, depends we don't know much about it. 

71pGEqxNsAL.jpg

Here are some creatures they could do, brick built most likely. 

1 hour ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Hey, do we have any prices for those set numbers? 

We don’t have any other info than the set numbers and the new moulds, no. 
If they are releasing in April, I would expect some pictures early next month, but we’ll see.

As far as this wave releasing earlier, it is true to form. I guess they want to see how the theme performs with earlier release sets?

5 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

-Perhaps a Scorpion Gunship, depending on how military does Lego consider it

I think a Samson would be a better fit than a Scorpion. The main characters fly around in a Samson which is the transport chopper, but the Scorpion is the 1 seater attack helicopter.

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

As far as this wave releasing earlier, it is true to form. I guess they want to see how the theme performs with earlier release sets?

I think since this is a more experimental theme we could see some pretty good price per piece, like with the HFW Tallneck. At least I don't think it'll be as bad as Star Wars