Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, ForgedInLego said:

Its a shame it seems the release was pushed to October, but it makes sense based off of the film's delays. It still (at least in theory) could be two waves, one in April and one in October as they are 6 months apart, but we'll find out pretty soon I guess

the first wave being based off the first movie and the 2nd off of the second movie makes a lot of sense, and the wave of the second movie can be canceled at any time between the 6 months in case the theme under preforms, 

anyways, as much as I like big pieces I hope that either they use big molded pieces for the head or just not at all, I love the feel of lego, where you can instantly tell something is made by them, if you removed the studs off of the pterodactyl from Jurrasic park and asked me who made it I would tell you Mattel or Hasbro, but not lego, the big pieces used for animals don't give that bricky feel, but that's entirely how I feel and I'll still be happy even if they're full molds

also, this is my 100th post:pir-grin:

Yikes… no cheap ones.

I’m still on board with this theme just out of morbid curiosity to see how it’s gonna turn out, but unless these sets really impress, I’m probably gonna pass.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looks like Coconut is Avatar 2 after all, according to the latest rumours :tongue: 

Wait does it mean there is no Indiana Jones theme?

EDIT: Ijust caught up, never mind.

4 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

What if the Na'vi have a new body mould? With legs and torso? Like just a little longer? 

This  is what I’m very curious about after the leaked image of that head.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, ForgedInLego said:

It still (at least in theory) could be two waves, one in April and one in October as they are 6 months apart, but we'll find out pretty soon I guess

Why would two waves based on the same franchise have set numbers that are spread this far apart? :tongue: There’s no way the rumoured April sets (if they exist) are also for Avatar

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would two waves based on the same franchise have set numbers that are spread this far apart? :tongue: There’s no way the rumoured April sets (if they exist) are also for Avatar

I'm not hugely familiar with Lego's set numbering system, but the two wave theory has been going around on this thread for a while, an April wave for Avatar 1 and a second October wave for 2. This is probably just wishful thinking, but I really liked the first movie and would love to have some sets from it.

52 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I'm not hugely familiar with Lego's set numbering system, but the two wave theory has been going around on this thread for a while, an April wave for Avatar 1 and a second October wave for 2. This is probably just wishful thinking, but I really liked the first movie and would love to have some sets from it.

The Avatar sets are 75571-75574 and the other theme ranges from 77012-77015. There's no way they're the same theme :tongue:

I’m wonder if there are any new molded creatures in Avatar theme other than Na’vi (lue skinned aliens, right?)? i am not a fan of brick-buildable creatures myself. 

That’s funny, it seems Mr. No has returned but under a different profile. Looks like he/she got lonely lol

50 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

That’s funny, it seems Mr. No has returned but under a different profile. Looks like he/she got lonely lol

What did you mean Mr. No has returned?

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m wonder if there are any new molded creatures in Avatar theme other than Na’vi (lue skinned aliens, right?)? i am not a fan of brick-buildable creatures myself. 

The $40 set has 550+ pieces. I'd be surprised if that wasn't a brick built animal in it.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What did you mean Mr. No has returned?

Somebody’s been on here, talking the same way Mr. No does, having the same interests and knowledge as Mr. No does and created an account about the same time Mr. No got kicked. Could be coincidence. We’ll see…

Wait, I was thinking, do you guys think I am Mr No??? That’s rude and cruel if you think so, just because I am a new member and I LIKE Avatar it doesn’t mean I am that d#!kh#ad. And IF my writing is a problem it's because I am ESL, from Poland and I am posting from my phone. 

Also, I am not talking, I am writing :)) 

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Avatar sets are 75571-75574 and the other theme ranges from 77012-77015. There's no way they're the same theme :tongue:

The 7701x sets won't be a second wave for Avatar in April sadly as instead it's another new theme we'll find out about very soon!

12 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The 7701x sets won't be a second wave for Avatar in April sadly as instead it's another new theme we'll find out about very soon!

:excited:

Can you tell us if it's licensed or in-house? :classic:

Are there any rumours unaccounted for? The only one I recall is Stranger Things. Back when the keychain and Brickheadz were first rumoured, there were hints towards something more. Everybody thought this meant another D2C set, but we haven't heard anything since and none of the unknown D2C sets fit...

Hmmmmmm :poke:

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are there any rumours unaccounted for? The only one I recall is Stranger Things. Back when the keychain and Brickheadz were first rumoured, there were hints towards something more. Everybody thought this meant another D2C set, but we haven't heard anything since and none of the unknown D2C sets fit...

Hmmmmmm :poke:

But Stanger Things is not exactly a new theme tho? 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But Stanger Things is not exactly a new theme tho? 

Depends on how you look at it :wink: So far, there's only the 2019 D2C set, a keychain, and a Brickheadz two-pack. Doesn't really count as a theme IMO :grin:

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Depends on how you look at it :wink: So far, there's only the 2019 D2C set, a keychain, and a Brickheadz two-pack. Doesn't really count as a theme IMO :grin:

something that just 2 good pointed out a while ago was how at the beginning of 2021 the minifigs from the friends ideas set got keychains, and they later got a non ideas set, something similar could happen with sesame street, where at the end of last year they got keychains, so this could be a clue towards them getting a new set, but remember this is pure speculation and those 2 mentioned are in the ideas line, though some of the one-off 18/16+ sets feel the same as ideas sets, at least the licensed ones.

(yeah, what I said was kind of unrelated and off-hand but I think it might still be useful info)

19 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Can you give any hints as to what this will be? Also, what is your source for this? 🤔

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While Stranger Things is a small line, it is still an established theme; I assume that @Brick Clicker would not have worded their post as they did, if the sets were just a continuation of an existing (albeit small) theme.