Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

I don't remember where but they said that all the marketing stuff about Avatar 2 will begin with intensity in November.

Cannot wait, this movie is gonna be great. Hopefully with this tease we get a full reveal mid November of all the sets? Maybe at a show or something?

New trailer is coming out on the 2nd of November. Hopefully this will give us some more reveals and perhaps some more teasers from Lego, as mcfarlane have already revealed some of their non-spoilery avatar way of water toys.

A new official Lego Avatar poster has been revealed by the official Lego and Avatar Instagram accounts, confirming the arrival of the new Lego sets based on the Avatar 2 movie The Way of Water.
We can see the character Kiri (played by Sigourney Weaver) in Lego minifigure. We will certainly see the first pictures of the new sets in the next few days.

kiri.jpg.71d65972297be98d529ca61fc3a46872.jpg

Edited by dimitri_bricks

75575 Discovery of the llu $24.99
75576 Skimwing Adventure $34.99
75578 Metkavina Reef Home $79.99 75579 Payakan the Tukun and Crab Suit $99.99

from promobricks 

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

75575 Discovery of the llu $24.99
75576 Skimwing Adventure $34.99
75578 Metkavina Reef Home $79.99 75579 Payakan the Tukun and Crab Suit $99.99

from promobricks 

Yes, called it with the crab suit! Pretty disappointed that we aren’t getting the sea wasp or any other heli vehicle, but I’m holding out hope for a mako sub side build. Hopefully we see pics in the next couple of days. Thank you falcon and promobricks! 

6 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yes, called it with the crab suit! Pretty disappointed that we aren’t getting the sea wasp or any other heli vehicle, but I’m holding out hope for a mako sub side build. Hopefully we see pics in the next couple of days. Thank you falcon and promobricks! 

Has the mako sub been revealed? I have seen a lot of people talk about it but I haven’t seen a picture of the vehicle yet

Then again, promobricks has listed a 5th set, one which I was sceptical of, but at the 60$ or £55 price point, there may still be a chance for a seawasp or heavy samson, although with the primary focus on underwater, I don’t know how it would work. Maybe a bit of underwater rock with a water surface build and a stand fixed to it for the aircraft? I’m just hoping we see more of the RDA insets than a side build for the largest set, and the crab suit seems pretty small if it’s minifig scale, so I don’t have high hopes. 

Honestly from what I’ve seen so far from the tech side of TWOW I’m really excited, it all looks amazing and It would be a shame to see it wasted . But that’s just my opinion, I know some people (and Lego by the looks of it) favour the Navi. 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Has the mako sub been revealed? I have seen a lot of people talk about it but I haven’t seen a picture of the vehicle yet

It was shown of in a preview page of a concept art book on the German Amazon website, obscure as hell but  we get a couple of good views at it. The sub is a small 2 seater with small fold up arms on the side. It’s torpedo shaped (roughly) and the idea was to have a bunch of them over a moon pool in a larger ship or submarine and they would drop out into the water like bombs coming out of a plane. May show up in the trailer being put out tomorrow, may not. Could imagine it as a short action scene they can put in. I’m not sure how it would be translated into set form as the arms may be too small to be made and the seating configuration is wacky, the forward gunner/manipulator position is controlled lying down in a round canopy at the front and the second seat, the pilot, is behind and above the gunner, in a sitting position. Sorry for the info dump, I’m just really invested in the RDA side. That’s the problem with avatar, the bad guys are just too cool. 

This Reddit post contains some images from the book, the mako sub is on page 3. Again, I’d love to see it as a set but I have no idea how they could do it at the correct scale, and considering the names, it would have to be a side build. 

Another update, thank you falcon! 
sets are coming tomorrow, I assume with the release of the trailer. Exciting times. 

Hopefully we'll get more Avatar 1 and The Way of Water sets in the next year or two before Avatar 3 sets become the next focus (assuming the theme sells well enough).

1 minute ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Hopefully we'll get more Avatar 1 and The Way of Water sets in the next year or two before Avatar 3 sets become the next focus (assuming the theme sells well enough).

Considering there will be a lot more movies releasing throughout the next few years, I won’t be surprised if it dips in and out every couple of years just to coincide with the new films. From what I’ve heard and seen, these sets aren’t selling too well though. 

The big whale is pretty cute. I like the diversity in height and color of the Na’vi. 

Wow, I love these especially the space whale!! The Ilu set is an easy buy, especially at that price. The whale I mifht wait for a discount, just depends on how good the movie is and how things work out with other set releases early next year.

Wow, I’m glad I called it with the mako submarine as well, although I’m not sure how I feel about it being a full on set. At least we get RDA stuff, but it’s a shame that forward cockpit is so open. And no aircraft, though I’m not surprised. The 2 smallest sets are easy buys, I love them and am glad to see some smaller priced sets. But holy crap are those bigger sets way of the charts on price. The village is probably my least favourite, the bulk of the structure is made up of cloth/vinyl, and there’s no play features or transformations, and at £70 I think Lego could have done better. Mako sub is good, but should have been £40 or £45, £50 is a bit too much and it looks very simplistic, although I like the inclusion of spider and recom quaritch, although considering spider is Jake sullys adopted son, he’s gonna have a hard time explaining why he’s in a submarine with with his dads enemy. New bow is cool as well. And finally, the space whale. This looks amazing. I love the colours, the new parts for the tulkin head look incredible and the crab sub is alright, if a little small and simplistic. I’m glad we get some RDA though. But this sets price, for what I see, is about £10-£20 overpriced. I could see the tulkin being £50, but that crab suit is not £40. Maybe a 60:30 split? That may be better actually. Really looking forward to these new sets

I love all of them :wub: Very colourful builds, appropriate focus on the amazing sea creatures, and a very good minifig selection! Really glad they gave the Metkayina a different skin tone.

Also, lots of interesting recoloured pieces! The purple carrots and turquoise bananas are hilarious

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I love all of them :wub: Very colourful builds, appropriate focus on the amazing sea creatures, and a very good minifig selection! Really glad they gave the Metkayina a different skin tone.

Also, lots of interesting recoloured pieces! The purple carrots and turquoise bananas are hilarious

Agreed, the reef side builds look great, it’s a missed opportunity though than they all don’t connect like the first wave. I love all of them but the prices of the bigger sets are turning me off. I’m going to probably get the 2 smallest sets first then then make sub and the tulkin, hopefully we get a second wave for the movie in the summer with an aircraft build, as they did the samson dirty in the first wave. I want a fully fleshed out aircraft.   

They look good and hugely overpriced. But the designs are fine. The sub looks nice from far away but that's the most open sub LEGO has ever made.

The sets look beautiful, lots of new moulded heads again & they look amazing! I’m impressed that they printed the red detail on both sides of both horns of the whale creature, and it’s got 3 new moulds for its mouth! 

Figures are excellently detailed with some new wigs too, I see the child Na’vi are the same height as adult humans. 

These sets do look to me like they were all based on final concept designs: each one is a new creature or sub + figures, none of them are battle scenes or other story events but it’s fine actually and the sets stand up regardless. the beauty of the animals is a big selling point and they capture them all in full. I didn’t realise the flying fish/barracuda/gharial was so massive! 

Love the new stingray and purple carrots and other parts used for the sea life too

Edited by Bugbot20082

Of course, the sets are a tad expensive in the UK but I really do love the character that Lego Avatar brings. It’s so unique and charming. I love it. 

I really like a lot of these sets. I’d imagine in the summer we’d get a few more Brickbuilt creatures. I hope so anyway, as I love the idea of getting more sets that fit within what we have in this wave! 

My favourites are the Skimwing and the Payakan. The Sub is nice too! The reef is too expensive but I like it’s concept and uniqueness. I wish I liked the Ilu Discovery more, but hopefully I will like it in time. 

The big sub is quite large compared to the scale shown in the concept art, seems like there is lots of wasted space in the main body? I’m surprised they didn’t fit in a storage space at least with some tools 

The way it’s mounted at an angle reminds me of the first Lego ideas set ever 😅

21 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

The big sub is quite large compared to the scale shown in the concept art, seems like there is lots of wasted space in the main body? I’m surprised they didn’t fit in a storage space at least with some tools 

The way it’s mounted at an angle reminds me of the first Lego ideas set ever 😅

The deep sea Japanese submarine, its name escapes me. And I agree, the sub seems way to big and open to work as the in universe ship, and it also seems way too small at that price point, with a lot of parts put to the deep sea terrain to meet the £50 price point. Should have been £40 at least. I really think the crab suit would have made a way better model at the price point, possibly with the same side build. Given its prominence in the trailer (which looks amazing) I'm surprised we dont have a dedicated set and instead its lumped in as an undersized unnecessary side build in the biggest set, as it seems to be TWOWs equivalent to the Samson, given that it shows up on the mother ship vehicle (sea dragon? Awesome :snicker:), underwater in a reef fight (2 of them) and on a wall or outrigger of whatever the tulkin whale is jumping over at the end (my theory is its Bridgehead, the yet to be officially revealed human city on pandora). I love the in universe sub, but am pretty disappointed in its execution. I really think we should have gotten a smaller version of the MAKO in the tulkin set, and then an in scale version of the crab suit. Hence, I'm building my own version that is bigger and more in scale. Theres a small yellow handle at the back of the MAKO that I'm hoping opens a hatch or something for storage and thus it isn't wasted space but there is a yellow handle on the actual sub so it may just be a handle for divers to hold onto and get puled along or something, I can see a diver "riding" the sub into battle with a harpoon to go against the skim wing......

Overall considering James Cameron's love for underwater tech, I'm surprised theres not more shown of in the movie. especially the auxiliary subs that we've seen in small scenes. I cant wait to see the RDA more, maybe in an RDA themed trailer that goes alongside an avatar trailer that shows of the clans. I was kind of disappointed the the main trailer, not nearly enough RDA and next to no info on the plot, but some gorgeous CGI, so hopefully the other trailers deliver as marketing ramps up this month. 

Wasn't a huge fan of the first wave. The long legs didn't work for me, the creatures were clunky. The terrain builds were fantastic tho, and I would've bought a small set — if there was one.

And while I still don't like the long legs at all, the new sets are pretty fantastic. 

The minfigures are much better this time — two new leg sizes, plus a new skin colour (I love this one). The diversity is very nice, I love that there are no repeats at all.

The terrain builds are yet again fantastic. I love how they allow to display the other builds and minifigures, making the set look twice as impressive.

I like the other builds much more this time. They are all pretty fantastic — except for the Skimwing. The body looks too clunky and segmented, and the underside looks awful without any smooth pieces.

It's nice to see that there are some cheaper sets this time. The prices for all of those sets are either bad, or straight-up awful.

I'll buy the smallest set, it's like it was made for me — cheap, displayabale, lovely terrain, a fantastic creature, and Na'vi with two different skin tones and leg sizes, but without the long ones.

I’m curious if Lego plans to release additional sets for The Way Of Water this summer. Hopefully once the movie comes out, it’s success will increase the sales of the current sets.

I know Lego is trying to distance this line from the Star Wars one by focusing on the terrain builds rather than vehicles. However, I hope they at least give us some RDA based sets such as the Dragon or some additional water vehicles. 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, djmangunz said:

I’m curious if Lego plans to release additional sets for The Way Of Water this summer. Hopefully once the movie comes out, it’s success will increase the sales of the current sets.

I know Lego is trying to distance this line from the Star Wars one by focusing on the terrain builds rather than vehicles. However, I hope they at least give us some RDA based sets such as the Dragon or some additional water vehicles. 

In order to increase their Avatar sets sales, Lego should make more RDA vehicules, mercenaries, weapons. I noticed people were asking a lot for this on my Instagram account dedicated to Lego Avatar.

We need more opponents/mercenaires and anonymous na'vi characters in order to creat action / mocs.

Battle packs (Na'vi & RDA) ? UCS RDA vehicules ? Exclusive polybags ? 

We also need weapons like i said before, I have bought myself some Star Wars medium and long blasters to enhance my Avatar minifigures...

Edited by dimitri_bricks