Aurore

[Freebuild] Embervale Advent Calendar 2021 - Heroic Fantasy

@socalbricks So cool you managed to get the vampire bassist! :excited: The employees at your LEGO Store seem to be great!

4 hours ago, socalbricks said:

On a different note, Alrune really shouldn't be faulting her uncle for being a "connoisseur"! :wink:

Oh well, he can brew all he wants, just not with lab equipment! :laugh:

@Robert8 Oh wow, thank you so much! :blush:

Day 13 - Grandmother Frost

51743254733_94e6d1b822.jpg

Dresghar: "Legends from the north say that a kind old lady is wandering at night in the frozen forests, bringing presents to well-mannered children."

Lovely colors! I especially like how you used the Vidiyo Dragon Singer torso, the light aqua hair (I need to BrickLink one of those), and the staff construction! 

Day 14 - Sword in Stone

51745842533_04b351aefe.jpg

Alrune "A showy sword, embedded in a stone. Such a cliché!" 
Evrart: "No-one has had the arthurisation to draw it, I guess?"
Alrune: "What?"
Avrart: "Oh, nevermind…"

The pun is the highlight of this build! But the use of the quarter circle tiles to create the gap for the sword is also clever.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:55 PM, Aurore said:

Day 13 - Grandmother Frost

Wow that is perfection!

31 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Evrart: "No-one has had the arthurisation to draw it, I guess?"

LOL

I'll second what Eyrezer said - clever use of those quarter tiles!

Kudos to Evrart for that pun as well! He saw an opportunity and he took it! :laugh:

Day 15 - Fairy Fire Mushrooms

51746942352_dab8a316b4.jpg

Alrune: "That's just giant bioluminescent fungi inhabited by sprites. Nothing magical."

Day 16 - Festive Grog and his snow goblin

51750586624_0a5160a9b2.jpg

Dresghar: "Sometimes, I really wonder whether our guards are goblin soldiers, or just ugly, silly, colorful kids."

Edited by Aurore

I love the pixie and the mushroom! The burger bun top works great especially with the all white stalk. Will it make it into your flairs and fauna guide?

The goblin is cute too! What made you settle on the purple colour? Unorthodox but vibrant.

Edited by Eyrezer

That torso fits perfectly for the goblin, and the snowman looks a little evil, but it fits

@Eyrezer Thank you so much! The mushroom stalks are actually all glow-in-dark (I should have taken the photo in the dark... :grin:). It will indeed probably make it to the flora guide. And the goblin's color...well, I really love this head. It has evil-but-cute expressions that fit perfectly for the personality I envision for Grog.

@Robert8 Thank you very much!

Day 17 - Ice Crystal

51752997805_6050858409.jpg

Alrune: "It's child's play to grow such crystals, no magic required. All it takes is common household supplies and a bit of patience."
Dresghar: "Oh golly, honey, stop being such a killjoy! It's bewitching and poetic and that's all that matters."

Great combination there to make that crystal!  Also the snow goblin was really clever. :grin:

On 12/15/2021 at 7:02 AM, Aurore said:

Day 15 - Fairy Fire Mushrooms

Love the clever usage of that hamburger bun! Eyrezer has a good eye; I wouldn't have recognized it had they not pointed it out! :laugh:

On 12/16/2021 at 7:12 AM, Aurore said:

Day 16 - Festive Grog and his snow goblin

Love that devilish snowman! I also really like the torso you used for Grog. I don't recognize it - where is it from?

10 hours ago, Aurore said:

Day 17 - Ice Crystal

I like how the crystal looks like it's "branching out" - that pedestal base looks great as well!

@Kai NRG Thank you! I have experimented several versions of the snow goblin - only to choose the simplest one (which also was the cutest one in my opinion :wub:)

@jtooker Thank you! Today's post is a little late, but now that I'm back home it should go on smoothly! :laugh:

@socalbricks Thank you very much! Grog's torso is from the LOTR Radagast minifig (the torso is partly hidden behind the beard...)

@Robert8 You, sir, have some kind of gift of clairvoyance! :laugh:

Day 18 - Wishing Fountain

51754724983_8c4951f12f.jpg

Evrart: "A wishing fountain, really? I did not know you had that kind of romantic stuff in Embervale, my lady."
Alrune: "The wishing part is pure superstition, of course. But I have to admit it - I do find this fountain cute."

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

51754724983_8c4951f12f.jpg

Evrart: "A wishing fountain, really? I did not know you had that kind of romantic stuff in Embervale, my lady."
Alrune: "The wishing part is pure superstition, of course. But I have to admit it - I do find this fountain cute."

So do I!

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

Oh 

Great build! Love the bird statue at the top

Just catching up on these now.  Some great figs and little builds here.  I like the goblin and snowman, the fountain is nice, the fairy fire mushroom is one of my favorites so far with the contrast in colors of the sprite and the mushrooms.  There are some very creative designs too like the albemic and the pyromancy.  Great job so far.   

Edited by zoth33

I would love to see a glow in the dark pic of that 🍄!

The foundation and ice crystals are nice. I made crystals like that as a kid. A very festive touch! 

Edited by Eyrezer