Sign in to follow this  
Pepa Quin

MOC - Château Guillard from Overwatch

51699768921_0c7f83c13b_z.jpg

My latest creation, and one I've been working off and on for the last two and half years, is from Overwatch. 

Château Guillard comes from the level of the same name, a 17th century-ish French Castle situated in the middle of a lake.

51698972222_1d61613c20_m.jpg  51698966632_83e42c7772_m.jpg 51700042118_fe78453174_n.jpg

Check out the whole gallery on Flickr, and see all the interior rooms you can't see when it's on display! 

You can also see me badly talk about the castle in my Beyond the Brick interview from a few months back:

Thanks!

Even if one isn't familiar with the source material (which I am not) anyone can appreciate that this is a fantastically awesome creation of a downright massive build. Those curved sections are amazing; without question MOC expert. Most excellent building!

Your MOC turned out great! The scattered leaves are a nice detail.

While I never played the game I am familiar with the chateau though. I saved this picture on my PC a long time ago as a reference for a future MOC. Last weekend I actually started working on that MOC which won't be a full replica, but something in my own medieval style. (probably just a two-side view) Your MOC showed me how some parts are completely different than they look in that picture, like the big 'gate' which turns out to be no gate at all. Fortunately there are more references now than there were back then.

Wow. I have never seen somebody recreate an entire FPS map in LEGO! Only played on this map once at a friend's house so I am no Overwatch expert... But I do think you did a really great job!

Edited by Gray Gear

4 hours ago, Trance89 said:

Your MOC turned out great! The scattered leaves are a nice detail.

While I never played the game I am familiar with the chateau though. I saved this picture on my PC a long time ago as a reference for a future MOC. Last weekend I actually started working on that MOC which won't be a full replica, but something in my own medieval style. (probably just a two-side view) Your MOC showed me how some parts are completely different than they look in that picture, like the big 'gate' which turns out to be no gate at all. Fortunately there are more references now than there were back then.

Thanks! Just a bit of forewarning - if you're looking to build something in this style, but also want realistic - do NOT base anything on this map! :D  This was designed for a deathmatch level, which is pretty much a free-for-all melee. It was NOT designed to be lived in! There are doors that go nowhere, or lead to what must be _extremely_ skinny rooms - and no bathrooms that I can see. ;) I love playing this level, but as I explored it when planning this moc, I realized just how impractical everything is. :D

18 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Wow. I have never seen somebody recreate an entire FPS map in LEGO! Only played on this map once at a friend's house so I am no Overwatch expert... But I do think you did a really great job!

I'd been wanting to do something for Overwatch for a long time - I chose this map specifically because it was all self-contained in the middle of a lake. Most other maps in the game are far more sprawling - I'd have to figure out a cut-off at some point, and I hate doing that. :D

1 hour ago, Pepa Quin said:

Thanks! Just a bit of forewarning - if you're looking to build something in this style, but also want realistic - do NOT base anything on this map! :D  This was designed for a deathmatch level, which is pretty much a free-for-all melee. It was NOT designed to be lived in! There are doors that go nowhere, or lead to what must be _extremely_ skinny rooms - and no bathrooms that I can see. ;) I love playing this level, but as I explored it when planning this moc, I realized just how impractical everything is. :D

I'd been wanting to do something for Overwatch for a long time - I chose this map specifically because it was all self-contained in the middle of a lake. Most other maps in the game are far more sprawling - I'd have to figure out a cut-off at some point, and I hate doing that. :D

I figured the area where I thought there was a gate might be a spawn point in the game (or maybe something else). Since it's very likely that it's only going to be a two-side view based on the picture I linked to I don't have to worry about the impractical layout. Oh, and I never add interiors so they'll still have to do without the bathrooms. :devil::laugh_hard:

On 11/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The combination of dark blue with light gray is unusual but beautiful! :wub:

The architecture of the building is amazing and rich in details! :thumbup:

On 11/25/2021 at 6:19 AM, _TLG_ said:

Very nice castle, I like the round walls!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun figuring out how to replicate all the different features and angles. 

9 hours ago, Samus Aran said:

And where Widowmaker ,

She's there! If you can't spot her in these pictures,  check out the rest of the gallery!