Peppermint_M

Adventure Supplies: Parts from other themes for Adventurers!

I wasn't aware of this torso (from set 21319) yet - but it's great for an adventuress:

6288446.jpg

Edited by The Reader

The 2022 Friends canal houseboat set features a new hat + hair combo that would be perfect for a female adventurer.
It also comes in black + pink in another set - but I find the colours less interesting.

51719813323_9054db78ed_m.jpg

And it's got those nice new nougat hulls from the Bowser Airship ... I might want to get me one or two of those for the hull alone, unless it can be found on Bricks and Pieces ....

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

The 2022 Friends canal houseboat set features a new hat + hair combo that would be perfect for a female adventurer.
It also comes in black + pink in another set - but I find the colours less interesting.

51719813323_9054db78ed_m.jpg

Thanks for the hint. That's great and it fits to the pit helmet + red hair combo from set 41437.

The upcoming Jane Goodall set 40530: I hope we will get a Jane Goodall minifig like the Amelia Earhart minifig from set 40450.

Some time ago I could buy half a dozen of the classic Islanders legs. With this torso

973pb2740c01.png

and this head

3626cpb2769.png

they make perfect tribal warriors for my Adventurers' jungle setting. They are armed with black bows and black axes (obsidian).

Edited by The Reader

Just a thought: The new Friends house-boat set 41702 could be used as a passenger boat on a jungle river. It just needs to be de-Friends-yfied ...

I still like the colours, but changing the scale a little, taking out any of the panels that let the minidolls sit down...

Speaking of, the new Mulan/Jasmin princess set has some useful parts for making more MOCs for the crew to explore.

Also, the new Hoth rebel minifigs supply some more decent minifig parts for Adventurers. Star Wars is at least a useful source for adventurer suitable minifig parts. Having been really influenced by pulp serials and B-movies as they were.

Not sure if it's new, but the torso of the guy on the left from 60326 looks useful. The squirrels are pretty awesome too of course. :grin:

51722677593_abdf5ac854.jpg

On 12/2/2021 at 5:10 PM, Aurore said:

That looks really nice. Speaking of those sets, Friends modulars! :moar:

3 hours ago, The Reader said:

973pb2740c01.png

There is a similar torso from a CMF Sumo Wrestler that I use for a pirate minifigure:

973pb0789c01.png

20 hours ago, Oky said:

Not sure if it's new, but the torso of the guy on the left from 60326 looks useful.

It's this torso:

973pb3167c01.png

which had its best appearance IMHO in set 21320 in this minifig:

idea063.png

20 hours ago, Oky said:

The squirrels

Love the squirrels!

Do you know a part currently available on B&P which could be used as a crown for a tribal warrior/king/priest? (N.B.: I know and do already have the Chief Mammatus headpiece.)

Edited by The Reader

On 12/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, The Reader said:

Do you know a part currently available on B&P which could be used as a crown for a tribal warrior/king/priest? (N.B.: I know and do already have the Chief Mammatus headpiece.)

The showgirl's headdress would work nicely, but I can't find it on B&P.

69951pb01.png

18 hours ago, Oky said:

showgirl's headdress

Wow, I wasn't thinking about this. But you're right ... it's a feather crown.

1 hour ago, The Reader said:

The new Ninjago Dojo set 71767 could be used as a modern version of the Dragon Fortress set 7419. The appearance is pretty similar.

Definately a good comparison, also looks like a smaller version of 70728: Battle for Ninjago City , all 3 sets basicly have a similar style of 2 big doors on a rocky base and similar colors and some reference to dragons above the door :wink:

Edited by TeriXeri

On 10/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, Aurore said:

Hmmmm...How about the torso and head of one of the Ugha warriors from the Indiana Jones theme? They're not very common on Bricklink, but can still be found.

iaj016.jpg

And while we're talking dark orange...There is also Pharah's head, from the Overwatch theme, that has a very nice Adventurers vibe with her Eye of Horus tattoo!

6253619.jpg

There is a dark orange head in set 76194, part ID 6351821 (unfortunately not available on B&P):

6351812.jpg

Edited by The Reader
corrected colour

Heads up Euro people! The LEGO City Magazine this month has a foilbag with Jessica Sharpe, the city figure with the cool headband print and useful outfit. There is also a lion cub. 

So far, there is also a bonus foilbag with a diver themed mini-set. Well worth the £5.99 price.

14 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

LEGO City Magazine this month has a foilbag with Jessica Sharpe

I bought one yesterday ... :classic:

On 12/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Heads up Euro people! The LEGO City Magazine this month has a foilbag with Jessica Sharpe, the city figure with the cool headband print and useful outfit. There is also a lion cub.

I have to say, when I first heard of that character in the 2020 City Deep Sea Explorers subtheme, I had no idea how much mileage you could get out of a minifigure face with a headband. But man, after seeing that face pop up in the IDEAS Medieval Blacksmith, and now here, all I can say is that she's far more versatile than I would've thought. Excited to see what additional, ah, adventurous usages we see out of that face!