What are the chances of the crystal Aspheera minifigure having head-printing? I haven't seen any printing on the new snake head-molds. Is there a reason for that?

5 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

What are the chances of the crystal Aspheera minifigure having head-printing? I haven't seen any printing on the new snake head-molds. Is there a reason for that?

This is purely speculation, but my guess is that they probably prefer not to print on them if they don't have to since they aren't large and they have a lot of non-flat surfaces. The other thing is that it generally isn't necessary; the regular snakes look fine without any printing since they're dual-molded. It would be cool if there was printing, but Lego probably just figures it's not needed.

13 hours ago, Meadius said:

This is purely speculation, but my guess is that they probably prefer not to print on them if they don't have to since they aren't large and they have a lot of non-flat surfaces. The other thing is that it generally isn't necessary; the regular snakes look fine without any printing since they're dual-molded. It would be cool if there was printing, but Lego probably just figures it's not needed.

It would be nice if they gave her minifigure snake tail like she has in the show rather thatn the ghost legs. I'd imagine though this new minifigure will have the ghost legs but in a pink/black colouration or something, I don't see them making a transparent snake-tail piece as I think it's partially rubber.

7 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

I don't see them making a transparent snake-tail piece as I think it's partially rubber.

Maybe if we got a new tail mould like they did for Hades and Ursula in the CMF series and Prince Kalamaar in Seabound? They've started using hard plastic for the new minidoll hair, which have mostly been rubbery in the past

On 2/7/2022 at 1:14 AM, Meadius said:

hmm, the cobra  head mold is great but it could definitely do with printing right at the top. Especially for a main character like Aspheera. I expecting white Pythor to return again, apparently he has red armour according to the leaks. I hope they do something special with him to.

Sorry, but why are Asphera and Pythor returning? Haven't we had enough snakes?

I like Pythor, but I strongly hate Asphera. All she wanted was-

REVENGE!!

(But seriously, she was very annoying)

Edited by Flaming Bricks

2 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I like Pythor, but I strongly hate Asphera. All she wanted was-

REVENGE!!

(But seriously, she was very annoying)

What's the problem? Many villains are returning it seems, and we can never have enough snakes, they're great figures unironically. 

3 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

We can never have enough snakes! My issue is they keep using the same one, new (and worse) snake mold when the second year had several types of snakes.

Purple Pythor still looks infinitely better than white Pythor. I hope they somehow make it so he regains his old skin colour in-lore or something, like him shedding his skin or something.

Edited by DarthLeapyous

I just finished building Lloyd's Legendary Dragon—my first Ninjago set this year (if only because some of the others on my wishlist have been so frequently out of stock).

Really lovely build. The overall muscular form is great, and the color scheme is phenomenal. My favorite parts are probably the beefy torso and front legs and the incredibly well-constructed head (which showcases how well these new dragon jaw parts can work even on a larger dragon).

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I just finished building Lloyd's Legendary Dragon—my first Ninjago set this year (if only because some of the others on my wishlist have been so frequently out of stock).

Really lovely build. The overall muscular form is great, and the color scheme is phenomenal. My favorite parts are probably the beefy torso and front legs and the incredibly well-constructed head (which showcases how well these new dragon jaw parts can work even on a larger dragon).

I have to say, I've been somewhat tempted to pick this one up the more I've seen it. I already have a billion dragons, but there really aren't any like this one, which is something I appreciate. I hope going forward they really try to differentiate them more in how the main bodies are constructed, since that's really what stands out when you build them (which to be fair is something we've seen with other recent dragons, like the Jungle Dragon).

13 hours ago, Meadius said:

I have to say, I've been somewhat tempted to pick this one up the more I've seen it. I already have a billion dragons, but there really aren't any like this one, which is something I appreciate. I hope going forward they really try to differentiate them more in how the main bodies are constructed, since that's really what stands out when you build them (which to be fair is something we've seen with other recent dragons, like the Jungle Dragon).

I definitely feel like they've been getting more differentiated recently. Last year's Fire Dragon remake was great too, with the entire torso constructed upside-down (compared to how most Ninjago dragons are done) and huge beefy pecs fitting for a wyvern-style dragon like that one.

The 6+ dragons this year are a little more similar to one another, but that's not unexpected for simpler, low-priced models. I also suspect that as the "SCCBS" comes into its own the use of it even in cheaper sets will grow more varied, not unlike how Hero Factory builds diversified after the more samey introduction of the original CCBS.

Edited by Lyichir

On 2/7/2022 at 1:14 AM, Meadius said:

Just a thought, do LEGO ever print on duel-molded pieces? Skull Sorcerer's hat-mask has no printing on the face even though in the show there was more detail like a mouth and such. 

3 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

Just a thought, do LEGO ever print on duel-molded pieces? Skull Sorcerer's hat-mask has no printing on the face even though in the show there was more detail like a mouth and such. 

Yes, they do (examples include animals like penguins). That said, the pointed shape of the Skull Sorcerer's mask could have made printing features like a centered mouth difficult. The show design could have been based on an earlier prototype, or could have simply been an animation decision to make the masked Skull Sorcerer more expressive.

My theory for this next wave/season is that the whole Crystal King/ Crystallized enemies is a return of the Overlord in a new form. The evidence is heavily in favour:

1) Crystal King build is described as having armour similar to the Overlord's, is also described as purple, black and gold in colouration which are his colours more or less

2) Golden power, golden ninjas are back, and the only time this happens from what I remember is when they fight the Overlord

3) The crystals themselves are pink in colouration, a "corruption" colour associated with the colour schemes of the Overlord and his elemental powers. Black, purple and pink are used on the returning enemies, making me think that these "dark corruption crystals" are empowering the villains in service of the Overlord (I don't think they will be crystal "imitations" as most of these returning villains are alive)

4) Vengestone buyer is Pythor, vengestone is maybe used for some darker purpose or for creating/formulating something sinister, probably to do with these crystals. 

I know I am very late to this, but I finally got ahold of some of last year’s sets and I just want to share how impressed I am with the NRG Nya minifigure. Imagine if we got to see each ninja as powered up as Nya is. It really makes some of the other “energy” designs look lazy. I’m hoping in future waves designers use this Nya as inspiration.

Am I alone in saying this is now my favorite Ninjago minifigure yet? 

3 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

My theory for this next wave/season is that the whole Crystal King/ Crystallized enemies is a return of the Overlord in a new form. The evidence is heavily in favour:

Agreed, plus it seems fitting for this "conclusion" to return to the first final boss of the show. I'll admit the Overlord is one of my favorite villains (for his screen presence and lore, not because he's a compelling character), so I'd be happy if it's true.

Small nitpick: we don't know the Vengestone buyer yet. 

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

I know I am very late to this, but I finally got ahold of some of last year’s sets and I just want to share how impressed I am with the NRG Nya minifigure. Imagine if we got to see each ninja as powered up as Nya is. It really makes some of the other “energy” designs look lazy. I’m hoping in future waves designers use this Nya as inspiration.

Am I alone in saying this is now my favorite Ninjago minifigure yet

Nah, NRG Nya seems to be a big fan favorite. I think she looks a bit too much like PIXAL on the box art, but she does look really good (aside from the leg printing just stopping).

Sometimes I feel like the only one who doesn't seem to care much about the resolution of the Vengestone buyer plot thread. Like, yes, it could be nice when a reveal happens, but otherwise it just reminds me of oh-so-many Bionicle plot threads that were strung along for ages where the payoff (if it happened at all) was barely worth it.

I'll start caring if and when their machinations come to a head and actually affect the characters I care about beyond just acting as motivation for more active and interesting villain characters. Until then they're out of sight, out of mind as far as I'm concerned.

The vengestone buyer has been mentioned like twice in the show, I was really confused when it started becoming a thing with a bunch of theories since it never seemed that important. Considering the descriptions of the new villains I have doubts it'll be a huge thing like we've all been thinking, vengestone isn't pink or purple. 

4 hours ago, DarthLeapyous said:

When can we expect preliminary pictures?

prelims became somewhat rare. Occasionally some figs are leaking though. Hopefully we'll see the new Harumi soon ;)

On 2/11/2022 at 11:06 AM, Rolyat24 said:

Nah, it’s one of my favorites as well. It’s right up there with Casual Lloyd and some of the DOTD suits for me as best Ninjago figure.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:06 AM, Rolyat24 said:

The naming of NRG Nya seems chosen to imply a connection to the "original" NRG suits from back in the 2012 spinner sets, though you're right that Nya's is quite a bit more impressive than those older ones especially with the transparent hairpiece and towering water column. There are still similarities, though, especially in the way both Nya and those older NRG ninja use metallic printing for their elementally-charged faces and torsos.

It would be neat to see other versions of ninja like this newer one, though I'm not sure how likely it'd be for them to go "all out" like that unless, like Nya, it was as part of a wave focused primarily on a particular ninja. Even then, other ninja might need new parts to have quite the same impact given that NRG Nya's accessories (including the water tendrils and column) actually originated for earlier figs, and don't necessarily all have equivalents that would suit every other elemental power.