2 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

I hope it's not the same truck in the first two pictures, with a narrow wheel on the left and a fat one on the right... *oh2*

It is the very same truck, BUT the owner changed the whole set of the front tires, and just wanted to show the difference. Once he was done, the truck had both fat tires on the front axle :classic: 

17 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Here in Germany, at least, the new narrow tyres are available at Lego Bricks & Pieces for a reasonable price (part no. 70490). Maybe they are on their Russian website, too?
(I can't check because unfortunately I can't read Cyrillic letters... :wink:)

B&P does not serve Russia and nearby countries, unfortunately. Mine I have order ordered in even China and they are still traveling to me...

18 hours ago, Milan said:

(Sorry if you did not ask about the tires itself, but just asked why he did not used a different type of tires :blush:)
Some of the heavier US trucks use those fat tires at the front, known as Super Singles.

Sometimes they are mounted at the back axles, too, as singles.

It depends not only on the truck's weight but on a combination of several factors (I spent some time on this matter and discovered some interesting things).

[Front axle load] + [necessity to work on soli surfaces] + [no necessity to operate at high speeds] - all these factors are actual for heavy dumps and other heavy-loaded rigid construction vehicles, which may easily load the front axle above the permits (and possibly sink into soils and muds).

The semis usually do not use the wider front tires, as their load is distributed across the rear and trailer axles while the front axle only carries the engine and cabin. Additionally, the speed is critical for semis wich live on highways, so wide front tires with their speed limits just do not meet the desired criteria.

To assume, these wide tires are a kind of caterpillars: loads a quire heavy load but by the cost of slower speed and bigger engine consumption.

All written above is not actual for "super singles" at the rear axles :classic:

19 hours ago, Milan said:

(Sorry if you did not ask about the tires itself, but just asked why he did not used a different type of tires :blush:)
Some of the heavier US trucks use those fat tires at the front, known as Super Singles.
Sometimes they are mounted at the back axles, too, as singles.

Thank you it is always good to know something new but I do not know well which one is uglier, one seems too much wide and the other too much narrow.