evancelt

[COR - Faction Flavours] Forger's Quarters, Hilto

"Julio, please give me back my quill!"

"Sanjeev is paying me handsomely and I need to finish these letters of authenticity before we can go for a walk."

"What if I trade you for this banana?"

barrels-1.jpg

-----------------

OOC: Submitted as a Sea Rats entry in the Faction Flavours Mini Challenge.

This was a fun one to build. Not sure I love the regular brown barrels mixed in with the reddish brown, but so be it!

Try saying "Forger's Quarters" three times fast.

Licensed as a small artisan building in Hilto

Clever how the walls were built with the barrels. The room and the furnishings go well with the Sea Rats, the matching duvet is also available. The Jolly Roger can even be seen on clothing. The new Lego monkey is sympathetic and I like it.

Nice floor, walls (I find the left one more to my liking) and I love the pirate flag mattress! 

Edited by blackdeathgr

11 hours ago, NOD said:

Clever how the walls were built with the barrels. The room and the furnishings go well with the Sea Rats, the matching duvet is also available. The Jolly Roger can even be seen on clothing. The new Lego monkey is sympathetic and I like it.

Thanks! I started out using a single 4x6 flag but I figured a quilt with smaller flags would be funnier

10 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice floor, walls (I find the left one more to my liking) and I love the pirate flag mattress! 

Thanks! Started with a wood floor and then changed to the gray/white to add some additional contrast. I like the left wall better too.

4 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Very clever use of the barrels, great entry overall!

Thanks! Wanted to try a barrel roof too (I have 20 dark brown barrels that aren't in the pic), but I couldn't figure out a good way to feature that in addition to the interior. Maybe a second Sea Rats entry is needed!

Another lovely build! The barrel walls make it feel really pirate-y, like something from an old book or game!

12 hours ago, evancelt said:

Not sure I love the regular brown barrels mixed in with the reddish brown, but so be it!

Would it look it better if the brown was mixed in more on the left wall too?

Very nice - great use of the barrels sideways in the back wall; not quite sure I'm buying the ones standing straight up though (they kind of look like columns which doesn't match with the log-cabin look of the others if you think of it that way :pir-grin:).  But the quilt and table are sweet!

The sideways barrels are a great idea, I also love the pirate flag bedspread. :pir-grin:  Really cool little vig, great to see that this challenge is inspiring folks!

I totally missed this one even thought I am pretty sure I copied your floor to my roof couple weeks ago :)

Firstly: the colours are great, this yellow-reddish brown-brown give it great monochrome vibe.

Secondly:great first entrance to to Hilto settlement! Omni-al-hash and Sanjeev will definitely use this service in near future on regular basis. Good forger always comes handy in riskier enterprises.