- Pop-up headlights
- Independent suspension
- Remote control with Power Functions
- PF: 2L, Servo, IR, LiPo

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x450.jpg

You can find the instruction on Rebrickable page: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-84040/paave/ferrari-f355/#details

Edited by paave

I normally don't comment on cars, but this one has been one of my childhood dream cars :-)

The overall shape is really good in this scale, and I love the fact you really cared about hiding blue pins on the outside as much as possible ;-)

But I think you missed some really important design features which made this car unique and recognisable:

- The air intake on the door is way bigger, maybe you should turn the 3x11 panel and angle it inwards on the rear side of the door
- The black panel on the rear end is curved, but in reality, this part is flat, maybe change it to a 3x11 panel?
- In the real car, a horizontal line is running sideways over the whole length of a car. This should be a main goal to replicate to really catch the look, especially on the front. I know how limited the parts and panels are.. xD

I know that there are way more capable MOCers here than me, which are proficient in cars and I don't want to nitpick here, but these three things are really important in my opinion.

Again, great work ;-)

The bodywork here is just great.  The front fenders and the hood flow together so nicely at this scale.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

- The air intake on the door is way bigger, maybe you should turn the 3x11 panel and angle it inwards on the rear side of the door

I prefered the simpliest decision with the reverse panel, it looks more harmonical and finished for me.

- The black panel on the rear end is curved, but in reality, this part is flat, maybe change it to a 3x11 panel?

The real thing is actually curved too, just not as much as the panel I used. I didn't want the whole rear looking totally flat.

- In the real car, a horizontal line is running sideways over the whole length of a car. This should be a main goal to replicate to really catch the look, especially on the front. I know how limited the parts and panels are.. xD

You can actually see the line in the door section. :laugh: In the front I chose to put the 5x3 panel vertically, because I wanted it to look different than other Ferrari MOCs you could see from other people, who put 7x3 panel horizontally, so the line is possible to create. It was just about originality.

The model itself looks nice. But the proportions of the model in relation to the real car seems off tbh.

Ot7l6L5.jpg

I guess the roof should be 1 or 2 studs lower.

Edited by apachaihapachai

1 hour ago, apachaihapachai said:

The model itself looks nice. But the proportions of the model in relation to the real car seems off tbh.

I guess the roof should be 1 or 2 studs lower.

You compare the pictures from different angles, but actually yes, there's something with the roof. I noticed this, but putting it even a stud lower makes it look totally wrong. The overall looks for me has more priority than 100% proportions.

This looks brilliant : ) I think the slight roof inaccuracy is because the model's roof is curved, whilst the real F355 roof is almost completely flat. I wonder if removing the curved panels and replacing with a flat roof would help? It's lovely model no matter though!

7 hours ago, Ape Fight said:

This looks brilliant : ) I think the slight roof inaccuracy is because the model's roof is curved, whilst the real F355 roof is almost completely flat. I wonder if removing the curved panels and replacing with a flat roof would help? It's lovely model no matter though!

Thanks! I might try to rebuild it later with some fixes possible.

Working pop-up headlights! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oveall the bodywork looks pretty nice. Maybe a bit more bubble-ish in the front and the roof because of the curved panels, but I think that's okay.

Only thing I really dislike is the door. Where a massive air intake should have been the door just looks cluttered. I hate these " oh there is something there - I guess I'll flip the panel" solutions. I have seen it on other MOCs before, and it never looks good. Put on some effort and model a proper air intake, using some system bricks if you have to. Looking at the rest of the car I am sure you can do it.

Sorry If I ended a bit strong there, but that just really ticks me off. Thx for sharing!

Edited by Gray Gear

Hi Pavee, i got this car as a gift about 2 years ago and finally wanted to built it. but... the pdf manual is no longer available. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot. Patrick