Angeli

5m long Millennium Falcon

18 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

You have to make a SHIP for this Shiptember!

uhhhh, I have been planning for years :) I have made few ships that are few meters long, but they were never spaceships , always fantasy :) Sci Fi is somehow not my domain, but, I will try to make one ship during July, so I will keep you posted :) here are few ships that are more then 1m long:
31344957817_0097b29618_z.jpg51270038401_62f5f52334_z.jpg51270772849_06088135a8_w.jpg

14 hours ago, Niku said:

Holy Guacamole, this is beyond great!
Not only big but also well done too.
I wonder if this is the biggest personal project on SW.
Congratulations. :sweet::thumbup:

thank you very much :)

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I have no way of using the English language to convey how impressive this is. 

what a nice compliment :) Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Ecclesiastes said:

What a beast! Very impressive to manage this on such a scale!*oh2*

thank you, old friend :) Long time no see :) Drow have multiplied, and as soon as I catcha moment, I have few addons for GoH :) Here is a sneakpeek :)
51271089660_7a0e268502_z.jpg

1 hour ago, peedeejay said:

Woohoo! Big is beautiful!

I love the pictures of the transportation on the trucks! :)

thank you :) There is actually an anegdote about it, the transport crates were to tall for transport docks, so when it arrived, workers there had to mannualy take EVERYTHING out, and unload, then return in crates to wait for AFOLs to setup

And imagine this: not a single brick was taken from it's place :) I bet those who unloaded it loved to play with LEGO when they were kids :)

This is absolutely stunning! I've been inspired by the scale of your builds ever since you started posting your D&D cityscapes. To see that scale brought to something like the Millennium Falcon is pure exhilaration and I can only imagine what a Death Star would look like at a comparable size. :laugh:

When you start approaching something of this size, how do you decide which details to make movie accurate and which to allow for more personal interpretation?

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

This is absolutely stunning! I've been inspired by the scale of your builds ever since you started posting your D&D cityscapes. To see that scale brought to something like the Millennium Falcon is pure exhilaration and I can only imagine what a Death Star would look like at a comparable size. :laugh:

When you start approaching something of this size, how do you decide which details to make movie accurate and which to allow for more personal interpretation?

that is an exelent question :) and thank you for the compliments :)
My main desire is to look as much as original. But, I deduct from that desire in regarding to several factors:
- Time that I have to build, if there is a deadline (and there is always a deadline, sometimes event is approaching, other, a holiday could be finished, other obligations regarding regular job and similar). Time is a main reason I opted to add satelite dish and cannons later. Also, if I build something, and try to attach it and it breaks, chances are I will not rebuild it, but improvise
- Money I have available for pieces - this is a huge factor :) I usually do not plan that I want to build something, then buy bricks, but buy bricks when there is a good deal, then think what I could build with them. For Millennium Falcon, a friend expressed desire to have it on event several years ago, but said it was impossible, as price for doing it would be so high, no one would do it. I saw his designes, his Millennium Falcon was spot on, but was several tons heavy, and VERY hard to break in modules. And also VERY very expencive, when he put numbers in bricklink - literary several apartments could be bought for amount of needed money. So when oportunity to buy a lot of lbg parts for very good prices, I took it, and was stockpiling for some time, until I thought I have enough (I didn;t have enough :D But, few more purchases (mostly bricklink at the end), and I was ready
- Complexity of the part - sometimes something is so complex to build (not only building, but transportin, attaching, making it modular), that I just opt to disregard it completly (or ignore it). Legs are example - it is on the bottom, and adding legs would make everything so much complex, that I opted not to have them. Sometimes something is so complex (angles, position) that I simply don't have skill to build it
- Stupidity is a facor also :) |For me, at least :) For example, I made plating of the hull, both sides, up and down, and then remembered that I need to make holding area for legs - but I already built the whole half ot hte ship - i simply opted not to include it in this version, as I didn;t had strenght to open model, add extra metal, and build everything from scratch for the bottom (including dissasembling already built, and trust me, plates of that size are holding like their life depends on it :)
- Estetics - sometimes the original is not as beautifull and what you can make - my Millennium flacon actually has more details on surface, as othervise it would be just plain hull of the ship. It is just that ship is so  big, that if you come closer, there are patches of only baseplates on it, with minimum bricks. I opted to add lines made from 1x4 trans light blue tiles, as they look cool and futuristic, although they are not present on original

Those are factors that come to mind :)

Speechless. This is easily the most insane thing I've seen since LEGO's life-size X-Wing. <- Understatement of the century; this IS the most insane thing I've seen since, well, ever. :distressed:

On 6/25/2021 at 10:08 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, what a huge masterpiece! :wub_drool:

thank you :) It is actually not so much a work of art, as how much it is big, which steals the show :)

On 6/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, KevinYoung said:

Wow ! Now that is Lego cool !

thank you :) LEGO is always coo,. even if you step on it :)

9 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Speechless. This is easily the most insane thing I've seen since LEGO's life-size X-Wing. <- Understatement of the century; this IS the most insane thing I've seen since, well, ever. :distressed:

well that is an amazing compliment, dear friend :) It gives inspiration to build something new

Again, a giant and superb creation! :)
Will follow the Enterprise build closely!

On 6/30/2021 at 2:23 PM, Thebrickstandard said:

My lord, this is amazing! Any other SW projects planned??

I am no lord, call me just Brienne of Tarth :)
Joking aside, beautiful compliment, thank you :)

Regarding future projects, and I never considered myself a SW builder - SW is VERY popular amongst visitors, both kids and adults, even more with adults, but this built was at a request from a friend, who thought it is impossible, or possible but so expencive that it can;t be done by a regular person :) Truth be told, my next desire is Enterprise, and even more, 2x2x2 borg cube, with green LED strips and EL wires. Imagine that monstrosity that is 2x2m in base and 2m high, floating - anmd with such a scale, I can call it minifig scale and even put some minifigs in it. This is the desire of mine, I have other obligations until November, then I will build the largest LEGO aquarium in the world (I have been gathering bricks, animals ans fish for years now, you inspired me to make a new topic, I Will, after I finish the reply), then I am resting until oktober 2022, then I am building those two, Enterprise and Borg Cube. Keep in mind I do this for joy, meaning I can change my plans in any moment, it depends on financial situation, pandemic situation, family situation ( I have almost 2 years old kid that requires more and more time together (and what a joy that is), my regular job, and general mood of the day :)

Do you have any suggestions what you would like to see being made from SW in sucha large scale? I have several hundred of Ewoks minifigs, that I have been gathering for a large giant Ewok forest village, for example, and I am also making 2x4 (48x48) Hoth diorama at the moment, but with a twist (Christmass on Hoth, fights are with snowballs, lots of cookies and present making with robot-line, all vehicles and ships are colored with Christmass colors and there is couple of hundred puppies just for "aw" effect :)

On 7/1/2021 at 3:30 PM, Milan said:

Again, a giant and superb creation! :)
Will follow the Enterprise build closely!

long time no see, old friend :) Thank you for the wonderfull compliment
During 2022, I was planning of making a Terminator (robot) in 1:1 scale, that moves - maybe we could play on it together, if you are still in the country. I am guessing left-right head movement will be easy, but up-down movement of the hand will be tricky. I want to make a board with buttons for kids, and when ever they push a button, something happens, from lights to movement. I have an amazingly talented metal frame worker in club, and there is nothing he can;t make, and metal frame will make construction easier, moc firmer and more suitable for tranport on events, and I have also been gathering technic parts for this, and I have a lot (well, for my scale, probably I have very little when compared to true technic lover). I think this would be a great challenge and could be a ton of fun building together

This whole thing is mind-blowing! Both your epic construction and the whole writing of describing the build a-la "brick-umentary" and the inner workings of projects of this size (designing, sourcing, logistics etc etc)! Way to go! If you ever exhibit it in Serbia, let me know!!!

28 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

This whole thing is mind-blowing! Both your epic construction and the whole writing of describing the build a-la "brick-umentary" and the inner workings of projects of this size (designing, sourcing, logistics etc etc)! Way to go! If you ever exhibit it in Serbia, let me know!!!

Thank you :) Every year we have an international LEGO (AFOL) convention called Lugs United (link) where clubs and individuals from all over the world (yup, world, not just Europe:) come and visit us for 4-5 days of non stop parties, fun and creativity. And the best part is - we pay for almost all expencess for international visitors (Depending from year to year, on our financial state and number of people visiting), or, at least, help with costs and provide good hotels with insane low prices :)

It is invite only event, but everyone can visit us, so it is actually open event. People tend to have a lot of fun, as we are adults, we are not sponsored by anyone so we can dance naked on our raft and get drunk everynight in the local pubs, as far as anyone is concerned - if it is something to your liking :) Joking aside, it has been going on from 2012, and 2022 (if pandemic allows) is going to be an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G one - and anyone that likes cute and deadly crabs is a friend of ours :D Sned me an-e-mail to nemamime@yahoo.com and we will discuss further

Btw, we had two LEGO clubs visiting us from Greece :)

19 hours ago, Angeli said:

Btw, we had two LEGO clubs visiting us from Greece :)

Aaaaah, now (having seen your flickr too) I fully understood who I am writing to :imperialguard_commander1:! My LUG (Gricks) had visited you guys at Belgrade quite some time ago and I couldn't follow due to internal (insert small children) reasons! Everybody was excited from your hospitality and had a great time (especially @Mpyromaxos). Who knows, maybe next time I will hop on! Until then, take care and keep on building awesome stuff! :pir-huzzah2:

Crabs are always awesome! Especially with pirate hats, pistols and sabers!

Edited by blackdeathgr

9 hours ago, Diablo5 said:

Great and amazing creations. I also like you other hobby. :D :D :D 

thank you :) You live so close, come next time when we make Lugs United (hopefully 2022, if pandemic passes), every year there are fewe people from your country, and "hobby" enthusiasts are there too - every single one of them is an AFOL :) imagine that :)