Mesabi

[COR-FB] The Conquest of Fatu Hiva pt.2

Type: Small Educational

Part 1 Here

As soon as the white flag was waved on the beach, Count Mesabi and his personal company marched straight to the Royal Basilica of the Faith. The Clergy, Priests, and Nuns stood no resistance to the Mad Count....

51264624172_2d16199218_z.jpg

Inside, a flurry of papers, and the protests of clergy filled the air, as Count Mesabi and company packed chest and crate with Heretic materials.In the center of it all, he stood, his eyes darting from paper to page, as he scanned bound volumes, ledgers, and other apocryia. 

51265545563_4174d11407_z.jpg

The Basilica had been tasked with protecting with materials the Faith had recovered from a mysterious vault, each to be evaluated, then archived, or purged, by the sensibility of the Order's Edicts.

51266394925_6636315200_z.jpg

And now, the mysterious texts had been claimed by the Count.... 

FIN

This finishes my story with the Fatu Hiva raid. I meant to do this months ago, (like before we ceded the territory back :pir-look:) I considered having the Count steal more material goods, but I thought this was a more interesting take on the subject. Canonically, the Count has returned to Mesabi Landing after the ceremony, with this load of texts aboard his ship.  

Thanks to @Keymonus for letting me borrow from his challenge entry, I really appreciate it, and I love building in the continuity. This Build is set inside @Bart's Basilica, and I hope that they have no issue with my use of it. 

Explanation for newer players:

A couple years ago, I created an in game organization / religion called 'Prometheanism' Which is essentially like a secret sect of Heretics that fights with the Order. I went way overboard with it, so I generally try to mostly keep it out of my stories, but I do like mentioning it here and there. 

Essentially, in Era II Challenge II, Keymonus had the challenge end with his characters fighting unknown 'heretic cultists' and discovering a vault of their literature and artifacts. In the story, these have been stored in Fatu Hiva, and during the Count's raid, he ransacked Bart's Basilica to recover these heretic texts, since they might align with his ideas, or be related to Prometheanism.

Edited by Mesabi
image size

Nice ending of a short story!

But what did the Count consider heresy? What's going to happen to the papers now? So many options for the future! ^^

No problem at all using the Basilica! it's great to see it again and to see it used in the continuous story of BOBS. 

It never got an interior so it's fun to see the insides, which looks very much in style.

I can't really comment on the story, as I'ven't been here in ages (sorry life and such) so I'm completely unaware of the current events in BOBS.

I like the forced perspective you created in the last image, with the room (which is properly overturned well done on that) then the see trough in the corridor, and then the inwall statute. 

Bart.

We'd expect nothing less from the Count. 

2 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

But what did the Count consider heresy?

Mesabi is a Promethean, so anything that pertains to the main religion of the Order of the Faith is heresy to him. 

4 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Nice ending of a short story!

But what did the Count consider heresy? What's going to happen to the papers now? So many options for the future! ^^

Whoops! I forgot how many newer players there are here now. :pir-grin:

A couple years ago, I created an in game organization / religion called 'Prometheanism' Which is essentially like a secret sect of Heretics that fights with the Order. I went way overboard with it, so I generally try to mostly keep it out of my stories, but I do like mentioning it here and there. 

Essentially, in Era II Challenge II, Keymonus had the challenge end with his characters fighting unknown 'heretic cultists' and discovering a vault of their literature and artifacts. In the story, these have been stored in Fatu Hiva, and during the Count's raid, he ransacked the Basilica to recover these heretic texts, since they might align with his ideas, and sect. All of these texts would probably be considered Heretical, by the Order. 

Hope that helps!

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

We'd expect nothing less from the Count. 

Mesabi is a Promethean, so anything that pertains to the main religion of the Order of the Faith is heresy to him. 

Thanks! And great explanation! :pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Bart said:

No problem at all using the Basilica! it's great to see it again and to see it used in the continuous story of BOBS. 

It never got an interior so it's fun to see the insides, which looks very much in style.

I can't really comment on the story, as I'ven't been here in ages (sorry life and such) so I'm completely unaware of the current events in BOBS.

I like the forced perspective you created in the last image, with the room (which is properly overturned well done on that) then the see trough in the corridor, and then the inwall statute. 

Bart.

Thank you Bart! Hope your irl is going well, and you may have a decent amount to read when you come back. 

Thanks for the feedback as well!

Good interior view of the building. The high walls, columns and arches go well with the basilica.