4 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

It's interesting to see how the three chassis have developed as features have been added. I think I'll build as per your original instructions and then look at how to fit C+

I was also wondering, where can I put C+ battery box?

5 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

I'll think about trying C+ motor later. New chassis has been changed in many details.;)

Sorry, I'll add description right away.;)

Great!

4 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

I was also wondering, where can I put C+ battery box?

Well that's the difficult part with the C+ battery, can only go in the back at this scale I guess. That's what I have done in my next Jeep Wrangler in similar scale that I'll publish soon :) It's completely Control+

Today I started my 42160 and I think that installing the c+ system is not a good idea, it cuts off the power at any load, this hub is behaving very strangely. I had completely different feelings with the 42114 set. Buwizz and the PF systen are the best solution so far.

36 minutes ago, nervousman said:

Today I started my 42160 and I think that installing the c+ system is not a good idea, it cuts off the power at any load, this hub is behaving very strangely. I had completely different feelings with the 42114 set. Buwizz and the PF systen are the best solution so far.

That’s probably because 42160 is not designed for heavy off-road, it is not geared down. But this Jeep has planetary hubs, huge difference in torque. I do have builds with C+ system that can climb well. Also depends on the battery.

41 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That’s probably because 42160 is not designed for heavy off-road, it is not geared down. But this Jeep has planetary hubs, huge difference in torque. I do have builds with C+ system that can climb well. Also depends on the battery.

I'll try replace wheel hub's with the 42099 planetary ones. :P (for torque of course)

On 2/14/2024 at 5:37 AM, gyenesvi said:

Great!

Well that's the difficult part with the C+ battery, can only go in the back at this scale I guess. That's what I have done in my next Jeep Wrangler in similar scale that I'll publish soon :) It's completely Control+

Haha, I am really looking forward to it...

Here's where I'm at so far. Orange pieces are placeholders for unowned parts and scaffolding.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The chassis is very much following the instructions from rebrickable with the following changes:

PF servo replaced with PU L motor.

2x PF L motors replaced by 1x PU XL motor.

Some pin swaps due to motor pin hole differences.

1:1 Gearing due to meshing constraints.

Now I have a feel for how the chassis goes (11 wide) I'm considering trying to squeeze in 2x XL motors. This may change the distance between motor and drive axles and allow me to select a lower gear ratio.

Once the body is built I can only imagine the hub sitting where the rear seats would be.

Posted (edited)

On 2/21/2024 at 8:15 PM, ukbajadave said:

Here's where I'm at so far. Orange pieces are placeholders for unowned parts and scaffolding.

Now I have a feel for how the chassis goes (11 wide) I'm considering trying to squeeze in 2x XL motors. This may change the distance between motor and drive axles and allow me to select a lower gear ratio.

Once the body is built I can only imagine the hub sitting where the rear seats would be.

Yes;),1 XL motor or 2 L, it looks good, for now. And where the battery box?

Edited by dpi2000

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

2x XL motors side by side replacing the outer chassis rails. Gearing is a problem with an odd spacing and the need to couple the outputs. According to rebrickable I have 30,000 parts but not a single 28T gear...

6 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

...And where the battery box?...

My Jeep driver is going to have a frankly massive coolbox :classic: