KimT

2008 Picture thread

Sounds like speculation based on everything in THIS CLIP. Right down to the non-human CIS commander in the AAT.

But you never can tell :wink:

Oh right, thanks for that, when he said "looks like a jedi in the AAT" i was very confused, thanks for the link, and, no, my friend doesnt work for lego but the person whom he is getting his information from is connected to lego, i can find out how. Ben is sending me the rest of this list now, so i shpuld post it pretty soon guys :classic::cry_happy:

Ashoka~ :classic:

Wow! Thanks for the clip!! Its awesome! :thumbup:

Edited by Ashoka

Oh right, thanks for that, when he said "looks like a jedi in the AAT" i was very confused, thanks for the link, and, no, my friend doesnt work for lego but the person whom he is getting his information from is connected to lego, i can find out how. Ben is sending me the rest of this list now, so i shpuld post it pretty soon guys :classic::cry_happy:

Ashoka~ :classic:

Wow! Thanks for the clip!! Its awesome! :thumbup:

Sounds like some great sets! :thumbup:

Also, your username is spelled wrong. It's Ahsoka, not Ashoka. Common mistake.

DSR

Oh god! A new Yoda? Has anyone else thought this might be bad consideing the new yoda figure?: Link-a-doodle

EDIT: Look at the eyes. ;-)

Edited by PSPguy

You're right PSPguy. That Yoda does look pretty freaky. I hope for once that LEGO will be cheap and use the old head. :laugh: I would at least put up with a CW styled torso, because I don't have a Yoda figure, and if true, this may be the perfect chance to get one.

*fingers crossed*

dp

Edited by darthperson

You said there was 5 figures in the shuttle. You only mentioned 4. They all sound really good. I cant wait till 2009. Its gonna be a great year.

Okay, another update:

Clone Battle Pack: Contains 2 Clone troopers, 1 Clone commanders and 1 new clone (ben said like a clone pilot and clone commander, basically he is not sure what the last clone is) 1 vehicle (1 speederbike :hmpf_bad: )

Droid Battle Pack: 1 droid, 4 battle droids, 1 super battle droid and 1 destroyer droid (new deseign, again). 1 vehicle ( STAP :hmpf_bad: )

Well the figs dont sound bad, but the speeders, well, we've seen it too many times, im quite disappointed to be honest, I hope Ben is wrong now :cry_sad:

He also said there will be:

1 Tie fighter (why? :sceptic: ) and 1 Tie bomber (again, why? :hmpf_bad: ) I am not impressed by the second half, because I dont beleive it :sceptic: , so I hope he is wrong...

Ashoka ~(by the way, I know its wrong, but when we were all squinting to see ahsoka/ashoka/asoka/ahoka on the new AT-TE box, i placed my bet on Ashoka, thanks though! :classic: )

Oh yes, about Yoda and the shuttle, Ben only said Yoda was a new deseign, neither me nor him have seen any images of that, so I dont know what yoda looks like. And yes sorry i missed off a Clone Pilot.

Edited by Ashoka

I was thinking last night that I would really like to see a good $10 set that isn't a battle pack. The 2006 V-wing was just amazing and a great value for the price. The way sets have been lately (they keep getting better and better! :cry_happy: ) I think there is an open opportunity for a cheap, great set!

dp

Okay, another update:

Clone Battle Pack: Contains 2 Clone troopers, 1 Clone commanders and 1 new clone (ben said like a clone pilot and clone commander, basically he is not sure what the last clone is) 1 vehicle (1 speederbike :hmpf_bad: )

Droid Battle Pack: 1 droid, 4 battle droids, 1 super battle droid and 1 destroyer droid (new deseign, again). 1 vehicle ( STAP :hmpf_bad: )

Well the figs dont sound bad, but the speeders, well, we've seen it too many times, im quite disappointed to be honest, I hope Ben is wrong now :cry_sad:

He also said there will be:

1 Tie fighter (why? :sceptic: ) and 1 Tie bomber (again, why? :hmpf_bad: ) I am not impressed by the second half, because I dont beleive it :sceptic: , so I hope he is wrong...

Ashoka ~(by the way, I know its wrong, but when we were all squinting to see ahsoka/ashoka/asoka/ahoka on the new AT-TE box, i placed my bet on Ashoka, thanks though! :classic: )

Oh yes, about Yoda and the shuttle, Ben only said Yoda was a new deseign, neither me nor him have seen any images of that, so I dont know what yoda looks like. And yes sorry i missed off a Clone Pilot.

This all sounds so wonderful. I hope its real. Im not a big Tie Fighter fan so i'd probably skip that.

Wow! Granted you (and/or your friend) are telling the truth, those sound like superb sets!

-I think its great that we are getting 5 clones, which however means we will probably see a small price jump, which isn't a big deal.

-What do you mean by the "1 droid" in the Droid battle pack?

-Also, I am suspecting that the shuttle will probably fill the $50-$60 price spot. Between the (supposed) new Yoda mold, and the fact that it includes figures only found in expensive sets, I highly doubt its $10 as someone speculated.

Thanks for the heads up, and I am looking forward to '09 (but my wallet and cramped shelves aren't! :laugh: )

darthperson

Yes, I know, I still cant afford any of the sets at the moment!

The 1 battle droid on its own is because its a normal kind to drive the STAP, the others are with the new arms!

Ashoka~

Thanks for the clarification! They should include an extra arm and gun for him though.

darthperson

It looks like The Battle of Christophsis will be the main battle of the new movie. I say this because all of these sets come from that. And that is a goooood thing. Can't wait 'til 09.

All these sets sound great! I definately will be buying the battlepacks and the shuttle doesn't sound bad either. I have always wanted an ATT! :cry_happy: Reguarding the tie fighters, however, they will not "strike my fancy" unless there are decent figs in them besides tie pilots. :wacko:

This is great news. Does anyone know who the guy in the aat is? If you watch the clip that someone posted it shows you them.

This lists sound great and I really hope they are true :cry_happy: . I like the balance between PT (It includes the CW) and OT sets but I hope for more OT sets in the summer :classic::tongue: . I like the TIEs anyway this are cool and probaby they are in bley, I just can hope the new TIE bomber looks great it is the best TIE in my opinion and I really :wub: the last one.

The AAT and tri-pod thingy sounds good. The shuttle sounds potentially bad, but no telling until pics.

It's Ahsoka, not Ashoka. Common mistake.

Even LEGO got it wrong because all their early CW press info that came out in February had her named spelled incorrectly. I secretly hoped no-one would spot this to see if got as far as the printers when it came to produce tha packaging.

Jeremy

If your friend is right it will be a good year. I really want a AAT, and it will be nice to see how they incoprorate the round front and the blue. Also there will be a new head mold for the commander!

Okay, I have some more information, in relation to your questions:

The new AAT front is made from the same round pieces in the Droid Gunship

The reason for the new TIEs is apparently because its part of the force unleashed line :hmpf_bad:

Yoda's head is a New Mold

The shuttle is the largest set, followed by the tri droid, followed by the AAT and finally the battle packs

Ashoka~