Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, The Stud said:

For some reason, I always imagined a Lego Indy theme revival to be exclusive to Lego Stores/online, sorta like Monkie Kid but moreso for adults. Glad to see that I was wrong!

Why? Indy is like Star Wars or Harry Potter, parents will have their kids watch it. Also, keep in mind there was no media for a long time until KotCS came out, and that film was a box office hit. It is the highest grossing film in the franchise and made 790 million dollars, close to 1 billion. I actually can see the 5th film hit 1 billion like Ford thinks. It's a strong IP.  We are even get a new videogame for Indy. Disney will market it on all fronts. I can see them do an animated series too and I would like if they do new movies with a young actor later on. 

Edited by Mr No

2 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Why? Indy is like Star Wars or Harry Potter, parents will have their kids watch it. Also, keep in mind there was no media for a long time until KotCS came out, and that film was a box office hit. It is the highest grossing film in the franchise and made 790 million dollars, close to 1 billion. I actually can see the 5th film hit 1 billion like Ford thinks. It's a strong IP.  We are even get a new videogame for Indy. Disney will market it on all fronts. I can see them do an animated series too and I would like if they do new movies with a young actor later on. 

I guess I just didn’t think it was a relevant enough property to get wide-release toys for kids (i.e. Lego sets) these days, regardless of a new film. Funny that I thought that though, seeing as how I was a kid who got multiple of the hot new Indiana Jones related toys, video games and other items when the franchise “returned” in 2008, and I even dressed up as him for Halloween that year. I guess the release of the next movie in 2023 will be a similar case. Regardless, I definitely hope there will be a plethora of Indy content out in the coming years!

I wonder what the title for the 5th film will be, I still think it's Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil and Mangold lied that the title leak was fake (directors do this all the time, looking at you J.J.). I hope the film is a hit and Disney will do more with the brand post Indy 5. Lego also has a lot of sets they could make based on the 4 films and 5th film, and if they make some based on the Bethesda game too that would be cool, that's an original story. 

16 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I wonder what the title for the 5th film will be, I still think it's Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil and Mangold lied that the title leak was fake (directors do this all the time, looking at you J.J.). I hope the film is a hit and Disney will do more with the brand post Indy 5. Lego also has a lot of sets they could make based on the 4 films and 5th film, and if they make some based on the Bethesda game too that would be cool, that's an original story. 

Or Indiana Jones and Deathly Hallows - that’s how he tried to find 3 items of Death Hallows - Elderly Wand, Resurrection Stone and Cloak of Invisbility - before his former Muggle-hating, power-hungry student Tom Riddle could be a powerful dark wizard. Or at lest, Indiana has to find Tom’s seven Horcruxes!

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Or Indiana Jones and Deathly Hallows - that’s how he tried to find 3 items of Death Hallows - Elderly Wand, Resurrection Stone and Cloak of Invisbility - before his former Muggle-hating, power-hungry student Tom Riddle could be a powerful dark wizard. Or at lest, Indiana has to find Tom’s seven Horcruxes!

what

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

what

Not sure what it means either, could be a joke or a good enough comparison. I did find a Reddit post which talks about similarities between two franchises.

So, I was watching some Lego Indiana Jones 2 cutscenes, and I was surprised to see a tank in the cutscenes. I was like, wow. I did not expect that, it seems Lego is ok with tanks in their videogames but not sets? *huh* It's not like that model of tank is being used anymore anyway..

I’m not sure if we would get a tank in Indiana Jones set. I mean it’s a World War II or Cold War models and it’s a no-no from Lego. I mean, we only saw villians riding tanks in Indiana Jones movie (i can’t rmemeber which specific movies but I do remember one scene in Temple of Doom). 

I mean sure we have some battle vehicles in Star Wars theme but this tank is completely different. 

4 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Will there be a toyfair this year? If there is, I wonder if we'll see the sets there. 

Yes. Both Nuremberg and London 

10 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Will there be a toyfair this year? If there is, I wonder if we'll see the sets there. 

As @Robert8 points out, the toy fairs in London and Nuremberg will be held (the one in NY as well I think?), but I wouldn’t expect the sets to be shown there :sadnew: In the last couple of years, they’ve shown fewer and fewer 2HY sets and themes, so the only sets I fully expect to see there are the Jurassic World ones (scheduled for April) and any set with a March release. If we’re lucky, some May sets could also show up (Lightyear and the SW dioramas). The rest will be revealed much later

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Both Nuremberg and London 

Huh I though the London one was canceled. 

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

As @Robert8 points out, the toy fairs in London and Nuremberg will be held (the one in NY as well I think?), but I wouldn’t expect the sets to be shown there :sadnew: In the last couple of years, they’ve shown fewer and fewer 2HY sets and themes, so the only sets I fully expect to see there are the Jurassic World ones (scheduled for April) and any set with a March release. If we’re lucky, some May sets could also show up (Lightyear and the SW dioramas). The rest will be revealed much later

Yea I know, the TFs in the last couple of years have been a disappointment.

I don't have high hopes seeing anything of interest there but since the sets will probably be based on the older movies I thought they might showcase them. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if we would get a tank in Indiana Jones set. I mean it’s a World War II or Cold War models and it’s a no-no from Lego. I mean, we only saw villians riding tanks in Indiana Jones movie (i can’t rmemeber which specific movies but I do remember one scene in Temple of Doom). 

I mean sure we have some battle vehicles in Star Wars theme but this tank is completely different. 

The tank in The Last Crusade is a fictional tank loosely based on a WWI British Mark V. Lego has released both WWI vehicles (Sopwith Camel) and fictional Indiana Jones military vehicles in the past (7683 Flying Wing in the last IJ wave), so I wouldn't consider it entirely out of the question.

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

The tank in The Last Crusade is a fictional tank loosely based on a WWI British Mark V. Lego has released both WWI vehicles (Sopwith Camel) and fictional Indiana Jones military vehicles in the past (7683 Flying Wing in the last IJ wave), so I wouldn't consider it entirely out of the question.

Fair point you made. 

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

According to the official site, it's still happening https://www.toyfair.co.uk/

Is any lego fansite going to that one? Maybe we get descriptions of the sets (I don't think they allow photos to be taken)

5 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Is any lego fansite going to that one? Maybe we get descriptions of the sets (I don't think they allow photos to be taken)

I think not even descriptions are allowed anymore. If I’m not mistaken, the last time we got anything was in 2019, when a brave soul brought us a list of HP minifigs and was promptly fired for it :sad:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think not even descriptions are allowed anymore. If I’m not mistaken, the last time we got anything was in 2019, when a brave soul brought us a list of HP minifigs and was promptly fired for it :sad:

That's a shame, I hope we get more info soon. 

5 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

So the rumors suggest an October release,was hoping for a summer release but oh well.

Same :sad: I hope they’re mistaken and “coconut” is actually Avatar 2 instead

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Same :sad: I hope they’re mistaken and “coconut” is actually Avatar 2 instead

Hmm yea from what I can see the movie comes out in December so those sets could be about Avatar 2.

I think they are for Avatar 2 (and probably not the full list). That site didn't have all the sets that release later this year, some things are missing. 

This is just speculation. Coconut could be either Indiana Jones or Avatar.

I'd honestly expect Coconut sets to be for Avatar. Four is a good amount for this franchise, and the October release date fits (since the second installment release in December).

I expect Indiana Jones sets to come out in Summer, with six sets. Four wouldn't be enough. 

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is just speculation. Coconut could be either Indiana Jones or Avatar.

I'd honestly expect Coconut sets to be for Avatar. Four is a good amount for this franchise, and the October release date fits (since the second installment release in December).

I expect Indiana Jones sets to come out in Summer, with six sets. Four wouldn't be enough. 

Keep in mind there are sets missing, there could be two aditional Avatar sets for all we know. I still think Avatar 2 will get 6 sets, seems in line with previous Disney properties and licenses, including the fact that I think it will introduce some big new moulds. And Indy should be 6 for what I know, I think Indy either has a June or August release. October is too late, for sure it's Avatar 2.

Keep in mind coconut actually fits Indy (its something from the original video game). Plus usually with movie releases they get codenames for their working titles. So avatar would be coral in this case