Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

39 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which is weird to me. How come we know the release dates of pretty much everything scheduled for 1HY except for these sets? :wacko:

It could well be due to the uncertainty of the movie's release date. Will that be changed again? It's far enough out - just - to not have a 'final final v2 FINAL' release date for the movie yet.

41 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It could well be due to the uncertainty of the movie's release date. Will that be changed again? It's far enough out - just - to not have a 'final final v2 FINAL' release date for the movie yet.

If they delay it AGAIN, I will have my revenge, and it won’t be pretty :vader:

5 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

I 'm certain we will hear more details as autumn approaches. 

It is approaching. :pir-grin: 

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unless they pull a Monkie Kid, which I highly doubt

I am not aware, what happened with Monkie Kid release?

10 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

It is approaching. :pir-grin: 

About time!

10 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I am not aware, what happened with Monkie Kid release?

MK is an eshop exclusive theme everywhere expect China.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I doubt that they will delay it again.At this moment it's in the post-production stage and since we have atleast a year until the release I think it's safe to assume that they won't delay it again.

1 minute ago, Pulp Detective said:

MK is an eshop exclusive theme everywhere expect China.

Ah, so that must explain why I could not obtain City of Lanterns from me local retailer. :pir-cry_sad:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A good friend of mine, who's a much bigger Indiana Jones fan than me, has maintained since 2018 that there will never be an Indiana Jones 5. Even after the teaser image, all the production images, etc, he refuses to let himself hope that we'll ever see the film.

58 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A good friend of mine, who's a much bigger Indiana Jones fan than me, has maintained since 2018 that there will never be an Indiana Jones 5. Even after the teaser image, all the production images, etc, he refuses to let himself hope that we'll ever see the film.

By this point I don't care about the film but I know that it will come out and when it does remind your friend not to get his hopes up since I highly doubt that it will be better than the fourth film.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

A bit overdramatic, I mean it’s not like a major studio would ever scrap a 90% finished fil… Oh. :laugh_hard:

Hey, at least WBD is not involved. Otherwise, I’d be terrified :snicker:

The current Ideas sets that are being reviewed include an Indy set.It's based on the temple scene at the beginning of the first movie.I'm certain that they won't pick it but I hope they eventually release a remake of 7623.

18 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

The current Ideas sets that are being reviewed include an Indy set.It's based on the temple scene at the beginning of the first movie.I'm certain that they won't pick it but I hope they eventually release a remake of 7623.

Might give us some info on whether or not they do, if nothing else. Back when they allowed submissions for star wars, someone did a bespin duel set, and when they rejected it they hinted pretty hard at the Betrayal on Bespin MBS set. 

Might give us some info on whether or not they do, if nothing else. 

Highly doubtful. They don’t allow Ideas sets based on existing themes, which IJ already is, internally at least :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Highly doubtful. They don’t allow Ideas sets based on existing themes, which IJ already is, internally at least :tongue:

I should have clarified. Whether or not they'll make a system set of that scene. Hence why I brought up the bespin example...

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They don’t allow Ideas sets based on existing themes

An inconsistently enforced rule to say the least.

15 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I should have clarified. Whether or not they'll make a system set of that scene. Hence why I brought up the bespin example...

My point was that it‘s going to be rejected 100% simply because TLG brought the theme back. A rejection thus won‘t hint at anything :tongue:

6 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

An inconsistently enforced rule to say the least.

Enforced or not, I can‘t see them ever producing an Ideas set based on an active theme :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My point was that it‘s going to be rejected 100% simply because TLG brought the theme back. A rejection thus won‘t hint at anything :tongue:

I should, again, have clarified. With the bespin set I was talking about, the hint wasn't that they rejected it. They said one of their rejected sets that time was rejected because it was too similar to a set in development. (that being the bespin MBS). 

I should, again, have clarified. With the bespin set I was talking about, the hint wasn't that they rejected it. They said one of their rejected sets that time was rejected because it was too similar to a set in development. (that being the bespin MBS). 

Ah, I see! But they don‘t usually comment on why sets get rejected though, so them accidentally spilling the beans in that manner is not very likely :tongue:

40 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ah, I see! But they don‘t usually comment on why sets get rejected though, so them accidentally spilling the beans in that manner is not very likely :tongue:

Sure, but I just said "might". I'm really not sure why my first comment is being taken as "I am confident that by virtue of rejecting the set they'll announce a new one"

21 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Enforced or not, I can‘t see them ever producing an Ideas set based on an active theme :shrug_oh_well:

I don't disagree.

Some pretty cool concept art has been seen from D23. A hotel and some kind of Greek tomb(?). Should make for some good sets. 

The costumes of what I assume are Phoebe Waller-Bridge‘s and Mads Mikkelsen‘s characters would make for some cool minifigs! Too bad we won‘t get to see the snippets of footage though :sadnew: 

I would like to see the trailer. A logo, a title, something. (I've heard Indiana Jones and the Race Against Time as a rumored title, which sounds simultaneously indy-brand goofy and absolutely badass)

On 9/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, Pulp Detective said:

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge Indiana Jones fan, but if they ever do a diorama styled temple escape, I would 100% buy that.

On 9/7/2022 at 1:40 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Might give us some info on whether or not they do, if nothing else. Back when they allowed submissions for star wars, someone did a bespin duel set, and when they rejected it they hinted pretty hard at the Betrayal on Bespin MBS set. 

Wait, did we ever get a Lego Ideas star wars set? Or it was just allowed but never ended up happening?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, did we ever get a Lego Ideas star wars set? Or it was just allowed but never ended up happening?

It used to be allowed, but never happened. Lots of sets got there, though, Luke's lightsaber, the aforementioned bespin set, IIRC the jedi council. It was kind of a soft rule that they wouldn't accept sets based on existing themes, but it was always at least allowed to be submitted.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I've heard Indiana Jones and the Race Against Time

It will certainly be a race against time for the movie to come out before its star dies of old age...