Legostein

[MOC] The "Caribbean Ribbit" (small hull boat)

pirates-indexed.gif

blog-Caribbean_Ribbit_by_Legostein.jpg

Hello everybody!

This is my first topic started in the pirates section, and I hope everything will be fine. My main interest are playsets from the "classic" pirate era started in the year 1989 (and goes until 1997 in my pirate world). This is why I like to create additional playsets that resemble the style of this era. I am happy to introduce the "Caribbean Ribbit" to you. It's a small supply ship that goes along the larger "Caribbean Clipper" (set 6274). It features comparable design elements to suit well as a playset for the other sets of the series. It features also a full rotating cannon. As figurehead a small yellow frog was used (yellow animals are somewhat rare to find) which also gave the vessel its name. :pir-sweet:

caribbean-ribbit-01.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-09.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-10.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-11.jpg

Thank you for your time, and have a great day! I am glad to be here!

~ Chris

Here is an updated image:

caribbean-ribbit-01-removebg-preview.png

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

That's adorable! This should be posted to the Facebook group!

13 hours ago, PxChris said:

That's adorable! This should be posted to the Facebook group! 

It would be marvelous if somebody did that! :pir-huzzah2:

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It would be marvelous if somebody did that! :pir-huzzah2:

I was hoping that the original poster might be so inclined... but I happily posted it myself now! :pir-sweet:

Hello again,

and thank you for your comments! I am glad you like the litte boat. Be sure to expect more of these. :pir-sweet:

Of course I am aware of Classic Pirates. But unfortunately I do not have a facebook account, so I gladly accept your assistance for posting the images there.

Thank you and see you soon!

~ Chris

16 minutes ago, Legostein said:

Hello again,

and thank you for your comments! I am glad you like the litte boat. Be sure to expect more of these. :pir-sweet:

Of course I am aware of Classic Pirates. But unfortunately I do not have a facebook account, so I gladly accept your assistance for posting the images there.

Thank you and see you soon!

~ Chris

Very happy to post them for you!

Ah, and there they all are! Glorious design indeed!

I am in awe for all those Master Shipbuilders who build huge ships, but I do like these small designs even better! I am working on a limmited space, so smaller ships means more ships and more interaction! Besides, most Pirates preferred smaller ships because they could get closer to shore in shallow waters, they were much more manoeuvrable and with different sail plans they could often sail closer to the wind... And of course any navy hoping to get them needed similar ships...

Edited by jan kusters

1 hour ago, jan kusters said:

I am in awe for all those Master Shipbuilders who build huge ships, but I do like these small designs even better!

This build could even pass for an official set! Well done, @Legostein!

If we look to the classics, there would often be a medium size set with a particular design and this would be repeated at a larger scale in one of the bigger sets.

For example: the Spyrius sub theme,  6989 Recon Robot versus 6949 Robot Guardian

So the Caribbean Ribbit works well as a similar counterpart to the Caribbean Clipper.

image.png

image.png

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This build could even pass for an official set! Well done, @Legostein!

If we look to the classics, there would often be a medium size set with a particular design and this would be repeated at a larger scale in one of the bigger sets.

Hello again everybody,

thank you again for your interest and your efforts (especially for the image editing). :pir-sweet:

It was exactly my intention to build classic playsets that would fit into the official series. I think it's time to finish the series by adding the last two ships.

See you around!

~ Chris

Looks very nice! My attempt for a more clear image...

caribbean-ribbit-01-removebg-preview.png

Edited by JintaiZ

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here, as well as new to Lego (at least in this decade).
As a father of two, I started to prepare some of my old sets for the kids, and got totally hooked doing so.
Well here I am, buying parts on bricklink, downloading PDFs and pretty much enjoying all the fine internet-thingies the 80s and 90s didn't have back then.
As well as some more budget compared to me being a child of course... :-)

Anyway I somehow found this beautiful little MOC above and fell in love with it.
Unfortunately I can't (yet) get in contact with the creator, so I'd like to ask here; is there a parts-list of step by step guide for this build?
I guess I get most of it, but I don't recognize some of the parts (these "lances" attached to the ropes for example) and somehow can't really see what's happening on the lower decks of the ship.
I've seen the last 25 years brought quite a few new bricks I still don't know, so I thought, it might be worth to just ask. :-)

Looking forward to a good time reading inside this forum!
Thanks and best regards
Michael