Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

[MOC] The "Caribbean Ribbit" (small hull boat)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

blog-Caribbean_Ribbit_by_Legostein.jpg

Hello everybody!

This is my first topic started in the pirates section, and I hope everything will be fine. My main interest are playsets from the "classic" pirate era started in the year 1989 (and goes until 1997 in my pirate world). This is why I like to create additional playsets that resemble the style of this era. I am happy to introduce the "Caribbean Ribbit" to you. It's a small supply ship that goes along the larger "Caribbean Clipper" (set 6274). It features comparable design elements to suit well as a playset for the other sets of the series. It features also a full rotating cannon. As figurehead a small yellow frog was used (yellow animals are somewhat rare to find) which also gave the vessel its name. :pir-sweet:

caribbean-ribbit-01.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-09.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-10.jpg

caribbean-ribbit-11.jpg

 

Thank you for your time, and have a great day! I am glad to be here!

~ Chris

Here is an updated image:

caribbean-ribbit-01-removebg-preview.png

Edited by JintaiZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your tiny big ship design! Sadly I can see only one picture with all those links.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's adorable! This should be posted to the Facebook group!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PxChris said:

That's adorable! This should be posted to the Facebook group! 

It would be marvelous if somebody did that! :pir-huzzah2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It would be marvelous if somebody did that! :pir-huzzah2:

I was hoping that the original poster might be so inclined... but I happily posted it myself now! :pir-sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again,

and thank you for your comments! I am glad you like the litte boat. Be sure to expect more of these. :pir-sweet:

Of course I am aware of Classic Pirates. But unfortunately I do not have a facebook account, so I gladly accept your assistance for posting the images there.

Thank you and see you soon!

~ Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Legostein said:

Hello again,

and thank you for your comments! I am glad you like the litte boat. Be sure to expect more of these. :pir-sweet:

Of course I am aware of Classic Pirates. But unfortunately I do not have a facebook account, so I gladly accept your assistance for posting the images there.

Thank you and see you soon!

~ Chris

 

Very happy to post them for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ah, and there they all are! Glorious design indeed!

I am in awe for all those Master Shipbuilders who build huge ships, but I do like these small designs even better! I am working on a limmited space, so smaller ships means more ships and more interaction! Besides, most Pirates preferred smaller ships because they could get closer to shore in shallow waters, they were much more manoeuvrable and with different sail plans they could often sail closer to the wind... And of course any navy hoping to get them needed similar ships...

Edited by jan kusters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jan kusters said:

I am in awe for all those Master Shipbuilders who build huge ships, but I do like these small designs even better!

This build could even pass for an official set! Well done, @Legostein!

If we look to the classics, there would often be a medium size set with a particular design and this would be repeated at a larger scale in one of the bigger sets.

For example: the Spyrius sub theme,  6989 Recon Robot versus 6949 Robot Guardian

So the Caribbean Ribbit works well as a similar counterpart to the Caribbean Clipper.

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This build could even pass for an official set! Well done, @Legostein!

If we look to the classics, there would often be a medium size set with a particular design and this would be repeated at a larger scale in one of the bigger sets.

 

Hello again everybody,

thank you again for your interest and your efforts (especially for the image editing). :pir-sweet:

It was exactly my intention to build classic playsets that would fit into the official series. I think it's time to finish the series by adding the last two ships.

See you around!

~ Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks very nice! My attempt for a more clear image...

caribbean-ribbit-01-removebg-preview.png

Edited by JintaiZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.